Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Schitzophrenia and Jesus
    #3808026 - 02/20/05 06:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I just heard my good friend, who is schitzo, just left. Probably bound for a mental institute since his parents think that this sort of thing can actually help him. I spent all last night calming him down, and drugging him with flexeril to make him go to sleep. He hasnt slept in 4 days, not because he doesnt want to, but because he cant. Half a bottle of Nyquil, 2 loritabs, 4 flexiril and a seraquil later, he still didnt go to sleep, but just got really numb. I didnt give these to him all at once, but over the period of the day.

So, finally it seems he is going to sleep at about 9 pm, and he seems less "out of it". So, i go home. Today, i call his roommate to see how he is doing, and his roommate is coming back from the airport, where he just dropped my schitzo friend off, to fly back home to his parents and just left everything and moved away within 12 hours after he checked himself into a hospital.

This has happened once before already. He started thinking he was part of some elaborate second coming of jesus, tried to give his jeep away to a convenient store clerk, gave all his money to bums, and ate only bread and water for a few days until he went to the looney bin.
This time though, he thought he was Joseph, and somehow going to meet a virgin, that he already knew her name, and what their kids name was going to be (not jesus). What is odd though, is that he isnt really christian, he had some light beliefs in it, but was never "into" it hardcore. What is really odd though, is that he could tell the future sometimes. Im not kidding on this one either. I dont even believe in destiny or whatnot, but he proved to me that he could forsee some things in the future, which ended up happening in exactly that way. It was meaningless crap also, like foretelling us once about how an old lady with a christmas tree would give us a ride, and sure enough 5 minutes later, in July no less, a little old lady with a christmas tree in her back seat, gave us a ride.

Anyway, it has all been very abrupt and confusing right now, doubly so for him I am sure. Why does everyone have to flip out and think about Jesus? why cant anyone just flip out and think they are some unimportant figure named fitzgerald?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3808092 - 02/20/05 06:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have been through all that stuff.

Tell him love is the key.

If he is hearing voices, tell him a fellow prophet who has gone through the same experiance has found a way to beat the voices. I have given 3 people this cure for voices with great success.

The cure is love. It is an easily focuable, directable energy and is in everything. When you hear voices it is really spirits. Please make sure you relay this message. It is very important, tell him my name is Michael.

--------------------
Agent 727

Invisibledorkus
Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus *DELETED* [Re: MAGnum]
    #3808130 - 02/20/05 06:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by dorkus

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus [Re: dorkus]
    #3808206 - 02/20/05 07:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You can do it the Chakra method, yes, but love is already within you and aeverything.

You can draw visable love energy from any object, yourself anywhere.

You can blow away the voices with love energy. I have worked it and given this to people with great sucess and I am glad to help you. I believe the energy is commonly known as Tepheret and it is known to banish spirits and get rid of energy. It exsists in the heart and is the basis of ALL things because of this:

To Love is "to wish or will into exsistance"
Thus when God creates, Love is the first thing God does.
When we create, love is the first thing we do.
Thus Love is the basis of all of creation.
And love is exsistance.
It banishes bad spirits and is the cure to all problems.

You don't have to believe in God, but when you have Love, you have God already.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus [Re: MAGnum]
    #3808219 - 02/20/05 07:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Also, yes, it is important to cultivate Love in your life.

Check out my website, it is the first link under my name.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3808376 - 02/20/05 07:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Your site kicks my ass as hard as it can be kicked.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus [Re: Sterile]
    #3808412 - 02/20/05 08:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thankyou, Sterile :smile:

Much Love to you! :heart: :heart: :heart:

--------------------
Agent 727

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3808662 - 02/20/05 08:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

As has been stated by many here on many occasions; beliefs are beneficial. Beliefs are beneficial. Faith is good. Faith is good

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus [Re: Swami]
    #3809637 - 02/21/05 02:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, Magnum, like most schiztophrenics, he is always into "signs" and takes great meaning from the smallest group of events and items. So he believes that he was purposly led to read the celestines prophecy. It struck something inside him this time which was kind of close to the love energy you describe and since reading the book, it only bolstered his want to see energies.

The guys pupils were constantly dialated. He talked and acted a lot like he was tripping the last few days. He couldnt remember things that happened last week, or just earlier that day because he couldnt discern what was real and what was in his head and dismissed everything as an illusion.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3809726 - 02/21/05 03:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the second coming of Christ, [are] you..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3810086 - 02/21/05 08:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I believe that he's Joseph. I'm a believer.

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3810477 - 02/21/05 10:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

My friend's relative became schizophrenic a long time ago and thought he was Jesus.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3810575 - 02/21/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"When a person goes mad, a profound transposition of his place in relation to all domains of being occurs. His center of experience moves from ego to self. Mundane time becomes merely anecdotal, only the eternal matters. The madman is, however, confused. He muddles ego with self, inner with outer, natural and supernatural. Nevertheless, he can often be to us, even through his profound retchedness and disintegration, the hierophant of the sacred. An exile from the scene of being as we know it, he is an alien, a stranger signaling to us from the void in which he is foundering, a void which may be peopled by presences that we do not even dream of. They used to be called demons and spirits, and they used to be known and named."

"Schizophrenia used to be a new name for dementia praecox - a slow, insidious illness that was supposed to overtake young people in particular and to be liable to go on to a terminal dementia....Perhaps we can still retain the now old name, and read into it its etymological meaning: Schiz- 'broken'; Phrenos- 'soul' or 'heart.'....The schizophrenic in this sense is one who is brokenhearted, and even broken hearts have been known to mend, if we have the heart to let them."

- From The Politics of Experience by R.D. Laing

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#3810604 - 02/21/05 11:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Christ delusions proliferate in the West because Christ is the symbol of the Self in the West (according to the perspective of Jungian psychology). The theological perspective is that we are all made 'in the image and likeness' of God, of which Christ is the Universal Human representative. In the East, the symbolic role is filled by the Buddha, but I do not know what the degree of Buddha-delusions are in the East. If you read my post with the R.D. Laing quotes, he describes the madman's muddling of ego with self (of which Christ is the symbol).

There is a book titled 'The Three Christs of Ypsilanti' which is about 3 separate psychotics with Christ-delusions at the Ypsilanti, Michigan State Hospital who were all put together to see what would happen. In no time at all, they were one-upping themselves into being the Father and the Holy Spirit as well!

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3811170 - 02/21/05 01:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

heh...
in BE HERE NOW ram das talked about a relative who stole cars & did other ummmm antisocial acting out "because he was jesus christ"...
& talking to him, ram das said something like "yeah, it's cool, i'm christ too..." (and so's the doctor & the guard & the fellow patients &&&...) & his cousin sam would say "no, only me, i'm christ & that's why i can do this stuff..."
ram das's conclusion was: if you really believe that "the other guy" is just as much "christ" as you are, then he won't lock you up...
:wink:

~
religious mania in the west... mass religious jysteria has happened in the past in our culture, and may happen again...

but individual religious crises, schizophrenic breaks, spontaneous kundalini rising experiences, manic phases of bipolar disorder, NDEs & ASCs & hypnoid trances &cetera...
(check out some of the reports in r m bucke's classic book _cosmic consciousness_ (bucke was walt whitman's friend & physician) for quite a few spontaneous "christ" or "cosmic" consciousness experiences...

how to integrate (or survive intact) these encounters with IT can sometimes be a major struggle for an individual...

and schizophrenia(s) is (are) real disorder(s)...
and in spite of laing & szasz, it is not necessarily juyst another way of looking at the world, or an innner-growth phase... (although sometimes it may indeed be...)
and for most schizzies, the "talking cure" is next to useless as a _sole_ mode of treatment (even freud admitted that his methods were useless on those with dementia praecox)...
and drugs & ECT (& in the good ol' days, psychosurgery) & such can help some...
& dr hoffer's orthomolecular (megavitamin) treatment could prolly help quite a few as well...
but schizophrenia just happens (though there may be an inheritiable factor for "susceptibility") at about 1% or so across culture & race...
what we do with our crazies as a culture can certainly vary, tho... as well as the language (& mythic motifs!) that these unfortunate folks use to attempt to describe what they are experiencing...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3811336 - 02/21/05 02:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You know, I actually tried to explain gnosticism and other cultural inclusions of the process of becoming to the grandmother of a friend of mine who is a retired psychologist. She actually told me that I was schizophrenic. I was dumb founded, and couldn't believe she said that. My only response was to say that kind of mentality is what fuelled the inquisitions through history.

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #3811607 - 02/21/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm shocked to see some of the advice given here for such a serious condition.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #3811621 - 02/21/05 03:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Christ is the most harmless person you can mistake for yourself.

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #3811684 - 02/21/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm shocked to see some of the advice given here for such a serious condition.

huh? what advice? love everything?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Schitzophrenia and Jesus [Re: gnrm23]
    #3811856 - 02/21/05 03:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, I remember the Christ-delusional relative. Ram Dass talked more about him in later writings: sitting naked with a group of elderly Jewish women, burning money, for example.

The Gheel Community in Belgium was a place that treated the mentally ill with simple kindness rather than devices like the American, Dr. Benjamin Rush's 'Tranquilizer' - a rather medieval restraining device; or wrapping people in wet sheets, or straight jackets, padded cells (I saw one in our tiny police station as a kid). Of course, thrusting one's head into a furnace, cutting out a 'folly-stone' from someone's head, trephining or just burning at the stake were far worse obviously. Too bad the Orthomolecular approach never caught on, but then drug companies might suffer terrible financial losses, poor things.

http://members.tripod.com/thelimbicregion/id38.htm

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates