Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Psilocybe Cubensis "B+" on wheat to verm, single tub
    #3751286 - 02/08/05 02:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Spores: P.cubensis B+ strain.

Diced a potato (about 1lbs), simmered, drained.  Moved potato broth to pan, added agar and dextrose. simmered.  (followed the PDA recipie on the agar faq)  I filled four 1/2pt jars about half way and PC'd @ 15PSI for about 60min.  Then after they cooled just enough to touch I poured the agar into plates, stacked w/ a hot mug o' water on top and let cool.  About two hours later I transfered a 1/2sq inch peice of myc one of the plates.

Three days after... (small contam on the far right)
Ten days after... (now a small speck of lipstick mold in top left, and still unidentified contam on the far right)
Sixteen days after... (myc has taken over both contams and about 99% of the dish.  Time to make some jars!)  No, the parts that have/had the contam wont be used.  The dish could have been used a lot sooner.  It was 100% at 16 days but due to the fact that a majority of the contams that creep in on agar, start on the outer edges.  Next time I will not wait as long to use the isolate.  Though no contams, next time best to be perfect.

Soaked about 7lbs of wheat grains for 24 hours.  Just kept adding water every 3-4 hours untill grains would not hold anymore.  Wheat likes to drink.  You cannot give it to much water while soaking.  Do not use warm water, or you might have tons of little sprouts the next day :P  Drained, then rinsed one time. Then simmered for 30~min (don't over simmer, check your simmer every five min) removed from heat, rinse and drain for at least 15min(shorter/longer depending on how much your draining.)

Ran out to WM (while my grains drained) and grabbed a box of polyfil (the fabric section). 
5lbs of it for 7$.  Then loaded 12 1qt jars about 2/3s of the way full.

I put a foil cover on top of the jars (about halfway down the sides) then loaded them 6 at a time into the PC.  They were PC'd for 90min @ 15PSI.  As soon possible the PC was able to be opened the jars were shaken and then let to cool.

I did not take pictures of myself puting the agar wedges into the jars, as I wanted to do it as fast as possible and didn't feel safe taking time to snap shots while opening agar and my jars.  It was to early for my sidekick to snap shots.  But, I cut the dish like a pizza with a steak knife that I PC'd with the last batch of jars.  Then I would cut each peice into 3 smaller peices.  Then I would lift the peices of agar from the dish with the knife, lift lid on jar and droped agar in. then rolled and shook the jar to distrubute the peices, making sure the agar doesn't stick "myc side" to the inside of the jar.  Then jars were placed in my inncubator at ~84F

February 8th: (24 hours since inoculation)
All of the jars have solid growth.  More updates to come.

February 14th: (6 days into colonization)
Looks good, all 12 jars are over 50% compleate,  No more smell of wheat grains but of only mushrooms in the inncubation chamber.  Jars we're shaken each night - now I am going to wait on shaking and only do it when needed.

February 18th: (Day 10)
Well 12 outa 12 jars 95-100% colonized.  Looks like this is working out pretty well.  I didn't expect all of em to make it, so now I gotta do something with all these jars. I fliped them for a few seconds and that really got them going.  These guys really snowballed the last few days.  I plan to spawn to 4qts to 50/50 verm/wormcastings w/ straw.  With Coir/verm case in a Double Tub.  I have 8 more quarts to case after that so if anyone wants to throw some 'experimental' caseing ideas at me feel free to do so.  More updates to come soon.

February 27th:
While waiting for some others jars to finish and more dung, my 100-90%% colonized jars started to piss all over themselves.  It was getting bad, never seen so much mycopiss.  Spawned to the dung I had, but then had to case the rest (7qts)into two straight verm bins.  Pics from them when they start to fruit.  The first four qts are spawning in wormcastings(5lbs)/verm/straw(3qts) currently.  Its been days since spawned.  Will update when I case this guy.

Followed some of eatualives' and thewalrus's Double Tub thread. 

Mixed 12 Cups verm and castings in two turkey pans.  Add water and mix until your at field capacity. Covered with foil and placed in the oven at 180 for 4 hours.  Then let cool overnight in the oven.

During that time I was pasturizing 3qts of  straw on the stove top, then loaded into jars and PC'd for 90min.  Next morning pulled out trays from the oven, dumped them into a mixing box, tossed in the straw, then cracked open 4qts of wheat spawn and mixed it up really good.  Transfered to the lower half of my double tub and its now inccubating at 80~ in the dark.I made sure it was evenly compressed.  Here are some pics 3 days into the spawn run.  More pics to come when I case.

March 1st:
Today I cased the tub.  I mixed 40/60 verm/coco to feild capacity and added a handful of crushed oyster shells.  Then Pasturized at 185 for 2 hours.  Mix seems dry until its fully mixed.  Applied 1/2 inch evenly on the substrate.  Now we wait some more.

March 17th:
Well my batteries died on my camera, and my buddy kept getting the wrong kind,

I never added the top double tub, it seemed to be growing like crazy just the way it was, so I left it that way.  Though I am useing the Top tub on the two other caseings that are still waiting to fruit.

The wormcasting/straw Double Tub caseing, after 18 days of no pins, green started to come in on the edges.  I belive it had a bad case of overlay also.  More pics from the Single tub striaght verm when they are a tad more mature.

March 20th: (mid first flush)
Picked some of the most mature ones from the caseing.  There are about 150 mushrooms.  The fruits are much bigger this run also.  So my experiment of taking the whole caseing out, removing all the side pins and pins on the bottom(over a 100) I think helped this caseing out a lot.

Here's a shot of the caseing after I picked a few mature fruits.

March 21st:
Caps started to fully mature over night.  I'll be pickin some of these bad boys in a few hours.

March 22nd: (100% harvest of first flush)
Picked off the first flush compleatly.  Over 650 grams wet &  69.1 grams dry.  Now we wait for the 2nd flush.

March 24th:
Well, here they come.  This is cool, its my first, second flush! :P  More updates to follow.  It looks like its as many pins as the first flush, if not more, this should be interesting.

March 29th: (second flush harvest)
Well, as I thought - the mushrooms grew all crazy due to so many pot holes and divots in my caseing from the first harvest.  The mushrooms are longer than the first flush - but a lot more skinny.  After the harvest I applied a light caseing layer and filled in all the holes, and its back in the inccubator.  Total weight from second flush is 625 grams and it dried out to 52.5 grams.

April 2nd:
Well the pins are comming in strong, and normal looking this time!  As strong as the first flush.  None of them show signs of the wiggles that the last flush got.  I am sure it was patching of the last harvest that helped these guys come in so strong.  More pics to come during harvest time.

April 5th: (third flush harvest)
Well it looks like the full tub patch did wonders on this flush.  Glad to see the biggest fruits this tub has done to date.  No more bad case of the wiggles.  Once the patching layer is done cooling off I will take some more pics as I harvest.  Will add the patch and a ultra heavy mist and back into the inccubator.  Once these dry I will post the weight.  Also I only mist or open the tub if I must.  This just sits in the corner of my room with a fan blowing on it.

April 12th:
The fourth flush is here.  These guys are all bigger than 95% of the fruits from the first three flushes.  Instead of adding a light caseing patch after the 3rd harvest, I added a 3/4 inch patch this time.  Pulled it outa the inncubator on the 8th and this harvest is on the 12th.  These guys go into the caseing 1 inch - so much deeper than the last flushes.  As you read this log, you can watch the mushrooms get bigger as they near this flush.  Deep = good.  I will update again with the dry weight, and total dry weight for all 4 flushes.  I am guessing about 130g / 1/4lbs total dry weight.  I will update with the 5th flush.

April 23rd:
Well there is a 5th flush!  Only about 30 mushrooms in this flush, total wet weight was 255g dried down to almost an Oz.  This flush had the biggest mushroom, it weighs 34.5g wet. (dried to 3.5g)  It was the only pin I thought I was going to have for 5 days, then the rest came -  With that note I am going to complete this grow log.  I didn't get to take any harvest pictures of this flush, (or they will have to wait till' I get my new camera) here are some final images of the last flush before picked.  Thanks all for reading.

Quickly to clear things up.  This was a two tub project.  One tub had the straw/poo and the other just verm.  It was an attempt at Double Tubs but I could not get them to fruit.  The first straw tub went bad and was overlayed to all hell.  All these flushes are from the other tub that was all verm cause I was outa poo.  I have read poo makes larger and more potent mushrooms.  But if all I have to do is eat .5 g more mushies to get grilled then no poo for me till I perfect this (for now :smile:)

Fiirst Flush 650.1g wet / 69.1 dry (no repatching) pins 3/15 & harvested 3/21
Second Flush 625.5 wet / 52.5 dry (repatched AKA wigglyflush) pins 3/24 & harvested 3/29
Third Flush 480 wet / 45.5 dry (repatched) pins 4/1 & harvested 4/5
Fourth Flush 360 wet / 32 dry (no repatching) pins 4/8 & harvested on 4/12
Firth Flush 255 wet and 26.9 dry (repatched) pins 4/18 and harvest 4/23

Edited by Civ (02/16/07 03:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains [Re: Civ]
    #3751493 - 02/08/05 03:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah civ, keep it going.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains [Re: TODAY]
    #3758220 - 02/09/05 07:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

looks like someone did research before they started their project. Looks good

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinedmc_

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains [Re: tahoe]
    #3758296 - 02/09/05 07:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Nice agar pics Civ. I've read that the agar wedges should be taken when the inside two thirds of the dish are colonized. When opening the dish contams are most prone to land on the outside rim. Its a lot easier to spot the contam on the agar than the myc.

5 mushies. Keep up the awesome log.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3759394 - 02/09/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, Candykid, today , I will keep it updated.

Thanks tahoe for the agar tips. After a few months of playing with myc, caseings and jars I learned a lot - and most of all a lot of info from watching other peoples grows and the shroomerys' FAQs. So much more to learn I am hooked.

Ahh yes DMC_ I thought I should cut it up before it got to the edge also, but I wanted to see it fight off that blob. Though I will take your advice for my next dishes.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Edited by Civ (02/09/05 10:53 PM)

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains *DELETED* [Re: Civ]
    #3778339 - 02/14/05 11:03 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Civ

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3778404 - 02/14/05 11:29 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Very nice Civ!~

Nice log you have going.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains [Re: Roadkill]
    #3778579 - 02/14/05 12:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:smile:

Looking good

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains [Re: candykid420]
    #3780310 - 02/14/05 07:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome. I can't wait to see those badboys.
One of these days I'm gonna do the same thing, but with mycobags from http://www.mycosupply.com
That way I could make like 5 lbs of myc and then spawn it to maybe 15 lbs of crap. That way I'd only have 3 things to PC.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

InvisibleWheedhead!
Test subject #1

Loc: Area 51
Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains *2/14 update* [Re: Civ]
    #3780554 - 02/14/05 08:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I will be following your good looking Log.

Keep up the good work :syringe:

--------------------
I just  :heart: The Shroomery

Monkeys might fly out of my butt

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope. "
Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains *2/14 update* [Re: Wheedhead!]
    #3780577 - 02/14/05 08:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Awesome. I can't wait to see those badboys.
One of these days I'm gonna do the same thing, but with mycobags from http://www.mycosupply.com
That way I could make like 5 lbs of myc and then spawn it to maybe 15 lbs of crap. That way I'd only have 3 things to PC

I already got myself a pack of em! I thought the same thing also thats my next experiment :P

Quote:

I will be following your good looking Log.

Keep up the good work

Quote:

Very nice Civ!~

Nice log you have going

Thanks all, next update will come at 100% colonization. These will be put into double tubs.

--------------------

Edited by Civ (02/14/05 08:45 PM)

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains [Re: TODAY]
    #3805987 - 02/20/05 05:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

yeah civ, keep it going.

Added final jar pics. Will take pics of the caseing and tub setup tommarow. Hope all goes well :P

--------------------

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
    #3806041 - 02/20/05 06:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Nice! Damn my wheat sticked into lumps so it was pretty impossible to shake. Trying new jars now with gypsum (inoculated with rhizo from MEA). Did you ever find them difficult to shake?

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains [Re: Arp]
    #3806512 - 02/20/05 11:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Very nice log, and a vigorous strain there. Good luck, man.  :mushroomgrow:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3806538 - 02/20/05 11:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nice! Damn my wheat sticked into lumps so it was pretty impossible to shake. Trying new jars now with gypsum (inoculated with rhizo from MEA). Did you ever find them difficult to shake?

No I didn't use gypsum, my test jars didn't seem to have any problems shaking so I just went without it.

Are the grains un-colonized and sticking together? or is the myc doing it? I made sure to shake, rattle a roll that jar the second my PC was able to be opened. Key is to not let there become wetspots or dryspots. I did notice them hard to shake at some times while colonized, myc is tough, and you sometimes have to 'gently pound' (damn that sounds bad) the jar on the sides, then bottom and top. You can hold the jar side ways, and spin it back and forth really fast. Then with lid side down at a 45 degree angle, use a 'jiggle' motion to float the spawn to the bottom of the jar, then flip it back up right side and make sure there are no large, exposed chunks at the top. If so, repeat jiggle again. Only hold the jar upside down after a little shaking to prevent any puddles to form, and only for a few seconds at a time.

The uncolonized grains that had good water content were not a problem to shake at all. Just make sure to mix top and bottom grains together, each time. Don't worry bout' the polyfil getting gross. It is pretty tuff and will do its job.

I'll post some pics of my shake method for ya. Seemed to work really fast for me.

--------------------

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
    #3809769 - 02/21/05 04:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Probably is the mycel holding the grains together.
I got a blister from slaming the jars on my palm.
But when the mycel is well spread im letting them
colonize it well and after I'll use a spoon or something.
Works with the WBS it seems :smile:

Guess a car-tire would help alot!

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains *2/19 update* [Re: Civ]
    #3844878 - 02/27/05 11:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

worm castings is would be used to spawn to not as a caseing layer and thus you would want to mix it in real well you dont want to layer it if you do want a caseing layer you need some thing with no nutretional value

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains *2/28 update* [Re: onetime]
    #3846154 - 02/28/05 10:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

worm castings is would be used to spawn to not as a caseing layer and thus you would want to mix it in real well you dont want to layer it if you do want a caseing layer you need some thing with no nutretional value

Doh, yeah, I worded it wrong. Just fixed.

Four qts spawned to wormpoo(5lbs)/verm/straw(3qts) three days ago:

Then I will case with coir and verm in a few days.

--------------------

Edited by Civ (02/28/05 10:37 AM)

Offlinedrunkencoyote
SpiritualAdvisor
Male User Gallery

Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains *2/28 update* [Re: Civ]
    #3852993 - 03/01/05 03:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Nice civ, can't wait to see what comes next.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Re: B+ BRF -> PDA Agar -> Wheat Grains *2/28 update* [Re: drunkencoyote]
    #3862464 - 03/03/05 01:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nice civ, can't wait to see what comes next.

Updated last nite. Should be 3-5 days before ready to birth. Woohoo!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures