Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Delicious Bacon

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Trying new foods
    #3809089 - 02/21/05 01:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't eat healthy at all. It started when I was a little kid. Out of 4 older siblings and one younger I was the only one that didn't eat right. I would eat junk food constantly and never try new things. The only meat in my diet was bacon. Never ate fruits, never ate vegetables. Unfortunately I am still like that today. My diet mostly consists of starchy foods. Because of this I have been very underweight my whole life. I've tried, and tried, and tried to eat new foods, start a healthy diet, etc. It just never works.

It's a texture thing. When I eat something new, the texture of the food usually bothers me the most. Even if it tastes acceptable, if the texture is something new, or different, I can't eat it. Another thing is negative thoughts I get when eating meat. I like bacon, sometimes I'll eat cheeseburgers. But usually when I try new meat I will get a couple chews into it and then think to myself "I'm eating an animal" or something along those lines. That makes me not want to swallow whatever it is I have in my mouth.

So trying new foods isn't an easy thing for me. I want to, but it's something psychological that is preventing me. Even more difficult is just trying to eat enough every day. I would like to gain weight, just enough that it can be considered normal for somebody my size. I guess I would consider myself anorexic, but it's not by choice. I've just lived with this shit for so long and lately it's been wearing on me. I've heard from people, and read a couple times, that anorexia is extremely difficult to overcome without professional help. I would like to try and do this on my own, with help from friends and family. My family knows about my abnormal eating habits, but that's it. I haven't approached any of my family to ask for help, but I know they would support me 100% if I did.

Is this something I need psychological help for?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCaptain Loafy McPoopdick
(4 1 2)

Loc: 1 5 1 3 6
Re: Trying new foods [Re: DNKYD]
    #3809878 - 02/21/05 08:50 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't really eat much either, but since i'm going to start working out again I will need to eat a lot.
I like to eat meat because it brings out the primal beast. Have you ever considered becoming a vegetarian?
I don't think you need to seek any kind of help, just force the food down and soon you'll become okay with the texture and thought of eating healthy. now that's probably easier said then done, really though it will work.
I know what you mean by being anorexic but not by choice, I was the same way up until recently
You can do it!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3811591 - 02/21/05 05:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Greetings.

Check it out:
Choose one day this week that you will eat no food whatsoever for 24 entire hours!
After the 24 hrs has ended (assuming you aren't sleeping), head to the kitchen for a peach or mango. After eating it, drink a tall glass of your favorite bottled water and add a dash or two of parsely or dill weed. This will calm your stomach from the fast.
If you are man enough, :smile: , reinitiate another 24hr fast.
For the next week eat only your favorite fruits and vegatables (seperately - not combined). Eat no meats whatsoever for atleast 7 straight days.

That's it. Try it if it seems like a new method and call BS or truth on its effects.

Enter  :sun: :heart:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trying new foods [Re: World Spirit]
    #3811637 - 02/21/05 05:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

One additional note:
I strongly recommend excercising during the fast itself (and almost every day of life in fact). Even if its jump rope and light weight lifting, pushups, etc.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3812175 - 02/21/05 06:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

How would that help me to try new foods and gain weight?

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3812629 - 02/21/05 07:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It will. Try it.

:sun: :heart:

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3813743 - 02/21/05 11:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I weigh very little as it is, not eating for 24 hours won't help it at all.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3813768 - 02/21/05 11:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Not true.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3813826 - 02/21/05 11:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Care to elaborate? I haven't weighed myself lately, but I'm never over 115. So in order to maintain a body weight of 115 lbs I need to take in about 1700 calories a day. Having 0 calorie intake for a day won't do any good.

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #3814155 - 02/22/05 12:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, you'll definitely lose weight.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3814204 - 02/22/05 12:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Check it out:
I've been studying health and herbs for a little while now. If you're having problems gaining weight you probably are eating the wrong foods, eating them at the wrong pace, eating them in the wrong combination, and lastly you're probably not weight lifting 5 or 6 days a week.

Fasting is the start of a new process. I can only encourage you to pickup a pamphlet or booklet about fasting to fully understand it. I'm not telling you to fast twice a week forever. Try it once and see what happens. You might be surprised at the REACTION you have to the fast, not the actual fast itself.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3814350 - 02/22/05 12:38 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've fasted plenty of times for 24 hours before mushroom trips. I don't see any actual benefit of fasting in the weight gaining process.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Delicious Bacon

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being