Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenoctem
Stranger
flashbacks
    #3805090 - 02/19/05 10:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

heey i just had a question about shrooms, which i really wanna try,
i was just wondering if like, a long term effect would be flashbacks, the reason why i ask this is because i plan on becoming a pilot for the airforce, and i know that they have a strict regulation that forbids anyone from becoming a pilot if they have taken acid, because of the risk of a flashback, i was just wondering if the same went for shrooms

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: flashbacks [Re: noctem]
    #3805116 - 02/19/05 10:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I hear it's possible,but rare. Get your priorities in order for yourself and determine whats more important to you.

OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

Loc: Ðirty §outh
Re: flashbacks [Re: Pinhead]
    #3805857 - 02/20/05 03:31 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i have shroom flashbacks sometimes but i only get them if i am really stoned and the setting is right.

--------------------
"I mean, it's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
-Captain Murphy

"Quit being a bitch and pill me up"
-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
"I am not Stormy, I am He who smokes Bitches!"
-Stormy

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: flashbacks [Re: Gainer]
    #3805879 - 02/20/05 03:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Flashbacks are the result of intense emotional experience. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is a form of Flashback.

It is nothing chemical in the mushroom that will cause it.

You probably won't have any flashbacks unless you have a really strong experience that effects you deeply on some level, and usually only if it was a bad trip (flashbacks to bad trips are more common for some reason).

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3805992 - 02/20/05 05:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the reason why i ask this is because i plan on becoming a pilot for the airforce, and i know that they have a strict regulation that forbids anyone from becoming a pilot if they have taken acid, because of the risk of a flashback

The answer is very simple:

The Air Force has a very strict rule that forbids a history of LSD in their pilots because of the risk of flashbacks. Mushrooms are major psychedelics and are known to cause flashbacks in some.

This is not about a drivers licence. This is about the possibility of having to ditch a $ 20.000.000 aircraft into a populated area at 900 mph because of you taking risks that the US Airforce strictly forbids.

Yes, mushrooms are no LSD, so by the letter of the rules you would not violate them if you had/used mushrooms. But if you are of The Right Stuff instead of a rules stretcher then you will heed the SPIRIT of the rules which says that if you have taken a major psychedelic then you are thereby unfit to be a pilot, or, if you want to be a pilot, you must abstain from psychedelics use.

The US Army has got a point. Being a pilot results in high intensity experiences that require your utmost attention. Flashbacks, if they occur at all, tend to occur in high intensity experiences and will temporarily destroy your capability for high concentration.

At a speed of 500 meters a second you'd best be on your mental peak, not a psychedelic one.

The US Army has extensively studied LSD as a chemical warfare agent in Edgewood Arsenal, Maryland from the 1950s into the early 1970s. You can count on them knowing more about LSD then they'll ever admit to.

We are a bunch of tie-dying, potsmoking hippies :rasta:
We know alot of LSD but just about shit about the science behind what it takes to be a jet aircraft pilot.

The US Army has got brilliant scientists who know very much about jet pilot requirements and brilliant scientists who know very much about LSD. You shouldn't question the rules in the first place :evil: but if their scientists agree amongst themselves that ex-psychedelic travellers should not become jet aircraft pilots then that too adds a compelling reason to either not fly a blotter/mushroom or a jet aircraft.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: flashbacks [Re: Asante]
    #3808964 - 02/20/05 10:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah right. I think they are simply afraid of giving a head that much power. You might just fly that thing straight to cuba, after years of training, for the sake of chaos.
I think you should be more concerned about the short term effects..the possibility having a life altering experience that changes your persepctive of the military and your path. Or it might not be a big deal..

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

Re: flashbacks [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3809063 - 02/20/05 11:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i thought flash back was simply being reminded of something that you experienced while on shrooms in a sober state of mind...

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

Re: flashbacks [Re: The_Green_Glow]
    #3809065 - 02/20/05 11:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

correct me if i am wrong

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

Anonymous

#3809328 - 02/21/05 12:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:shrug:

Anonymous

Re: flashbacks [Re: ]
    #3809469 - 02/21/05 01:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

whats that pic called? the moisture that forms when a jet is passing through the speed of sound? thats a damn cool pic.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3809518 - 02/21/05 01:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i thought flash back was simply being reminded of something that you experienced while on shrooms in a sober state of mind...

A flashback is the induced recurrence and reliving of intense situations. A psychedelic flashback would throw you off-guard and make you feel like you're in the middle of a strong trip for a few minutes or so. You don't want that at 500meters a second during combat maneuvres.

A common theme that bugs people in trips is the theme of "no escape/no exit".. what is more suitable then being strapped in a small cockpit with an oxygen mask and engaging in a hostile confrontation for supplying a situation that HAS "no escape/no exit"?

The Army's got a point, more points then we realize.
Either you trip or you become a flyboy, but not both. If you deliberately break a crucial safety rule before joining up then you have not got what it takes.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinenoctem
Stranger
Re: flashbacks [Re: Asante]
    #3810331 - 02/21/05 10:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well thanks for all the information, i guess that puts me at a fork in the road.

OfflineLilShank
TECH N9NE

#3813083 - 02/21/05 07:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ive never got flashbacks from mushrooms but i have gotten them from Ecstasy

--------------------
Thats why ur momma got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
Thats why ur sister got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
since ur momma and ur sister got a big ol butt
they helped the NiNa bust a big ol' nut

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: flashbacks [Re: LilShank]
    #3815487 - 02/22/05 03:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LilShank said:

How do you know the difference?

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

OfflineLilShank
TECH N9NE

Re: flashbacks [Re: BloodNOil]
    #3818973 - 02/22/05 07:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BloodNOil said:
Quote:

LilShank said:

How do you know the difference?

If i was experiencing mushroom like affects i would know that was a mushrooms flashback
If i was having Ecstasy like effects i would know it was an ecstasy flashback

--------------------
Thats why ur momma got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
Thats why ur sister got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
since ur momma and ur sister got a big ol butt
they helped the NiNa bust a big ol' nut

OfflineQuankus
keep a dreamjournal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Benicia, CA and Monterey ...
Re: flashbacks [Re: LilShank]
    #3820379 - 02/22/05 11:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

my physiology teacher was trying to say that ALL flashbacks are negative. I have expereinced shrooms flashbacks, but so far for just a few seconds. Never a few minutes like Wiccan says. (some of the flashbacks were from a scary experience on shrooms and the others we're from positive parts of my trip that i disticntly remember. it felt stronger than dejavu but not as nearly as intense as the trip itself.
anyways, if anybody has any documented proof of positive flashbacks, drop a link.

--------------------

CyanoFriscosa

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #3820673 - 02/23/05 12:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have never heard of fashbacks from mushrooms..i mean ever! they are so natural...they are in fact one of the most safest substances ever...

Edited by skunk78395 (02/23/05 01:01 AM)

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: flashbacks [Re: Skunk420]
    #3820772 - 02/23/05 01:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Any intense emotional experience can cause flashbacks... Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is said to be a form of flashbacks. This is why bad trips are more flash-back prone. It's a mind thing, and not a drug-specific thing. It's also a phenomena that we don't have a lot of information on, so it is best to be safe than sorry if you're flying around in a jet... Wiccan_Seeker makes a good point that I didn't think about at all before he said - you're "trapped" in a tight cockpit when you're flying a plane and the fear that you could lose engine power and fall to your death is always in the back of your mind. Situations like these can bring on a flashback.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #3822871 - 02/23/05 03:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I used to get flash backs in the 80's from taking Acid in the 70's and 80's.
I haven't took Acid since...1984.
My last flash back was in 1987...at a Mexican Taco Joint that had 60's style Tapistries on the walls and light shades...I started seeing tracers.

I have been dosing on mushrooms since 1975.
I haven't experienced any type of flash backs from using mushrooms...that I am aware of.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: flashbacks [Re: ]
    #3853740 - 03/01/05 06:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jono1 said:
whats that pic called?  the moisture that forms when a jet is passing through the speed of sound?  thats a damn cool pic.

Its called a Sonic Boom, when it passes through the sound barrier  :thumbup:

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder