Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDeviate
how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experience?
    #3807002 - 02/20/05 02:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

like people who have a lot of experience with psychedelics but would laugh at you if you talked about the mind expanding or spiritual effects. how someone can take one of these drugs and not see the significance of what it does is beyond me. the first time i smoked weed i had several revelations that still hold true today, yet i've met people who have smoked weed, done shrooms and acid and don't think of them as anything special at all. my psychedelic experience is limited, lots of weed, nitrous, a couple low dose shroom and salvia trips and one level 5 salvia trip. but these experiences have changed my life and behavior in innumerable ways. and i know my insights are real because they stand the test of time and have lead me to a much greater level of peace and happiness in my every day life. so it's a little odd for me when i meet a psychedelic drug user who dismisses the mind expanding affects as "hippie bullshit" and uses his greater experience with the drugs to invalidate mine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experience? [Re: Deviate]
    #3807029 - 02/20/05 02:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

good question, i guess you could consider these people as people who are not spiritually open or somehting, or as people who are very materialistically grounded

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experie [Re: exclusive58]
    #3807056 - 02/20/05 02:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yup...its too bad too...all they would need to do is go to a dead show while they were on a couple hundreds mics of LSD and there lives would be changed forever.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experie [Re: Deviate]
    #3807115 - 02/20/05 03:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You must remember that entheogens are merely chemicals. Any spiritual meaning you derive is of yourself alone. To focus on the chemical is missing the forest for the trees. Drugs are NOT spiritual...people are.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experie [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3807125 - 02/20/05 03:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"yup...its too bad too...all they would need to do is go to a dead show while they were on a couple hundreds mics of LSD and there lives would be changed forever."

Come on, that is so cliche and so wrong. A drug cannot change your life, only you have that power. That mentality never worked in the 60s in expanding the conciousness of society and it won't work now. Taking acid and watching a rock concert is entertainment.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experience? [Re: Deviate]
    #3807126 - 02/20/05 03:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think some people just prefer to take the experience and try to relate it to their sober reality, rather than taking their sober reality and relating it to the experience. for them this reality is the "true" reality and the trip is just an offset of that.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experie [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3807132 - 02/20/05 03:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

so do you think that spiritual people can take entheogens and not get any sort of 'revelation' or 'meaning' out of the experience.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3807141 - 02/20/05 03:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
You must remember that entheogens are merely chemicals. Any spiritual meaning you derive is of yourself alone. To focus on the chemical is missing the forest for the tree. Drugs are NOT spiritual...people are.

Nicely put. No to offend anyone or sound "blasphemous", I've had plenty of experience with various psychedelics, and I've also had some earth shattering spiritual revelations, or at least so I thought whilst intoxicated. As I recollected them sober, I realised most were just plain nuts.....

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experie [Re: exclusive58]
    #3807153 - 02/20/05 03:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The entheogen is the catalyst only. For the catalyst to function properly set and setting have to be observed. A non-spiritual person would only find LSD to be a funny little high. The spiritual inspiration is derived from within ourselves. Entheogens are merely a convenient tool...like a hammer or a saw to a carpenter. Oh yes...a spiritual person can have an experience devoid of spiritual thought....like at that great Dead concert we were discussing. Entertainment is a worthy thing, though.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3807169 - 02/20/05 03:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

nice
so therefore, assuming you're not sure about one's spiritual nature, you could just give him some entheogens and based on this person's experience you could find out if he/she is spiritual or not?

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3807193 - 02/20/05 03:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
so do you think that spiritual people can take entheogens and not get any sort of 'revelation' or 'meaning' out of the experience.

I know you weren't asking me, but in my life and experiences with psychedelics, the spritual state of mind comes when you focus on it....  If you don't choose to think that way, the thoughts will not go deeper than what they were....  But choice of thought doesn't really depend on if you are taking a psychedelic drug or not....  They just make some think deeper into things in a much more intense way....  IMO...

>^;;^<

:heart:  :tripping:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experie [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3807214 - 02/20/05 03:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

haha, ya assuming one actually has the capacity to think deeply!

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#3807259 - 02/20/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'd like to know the deep revelations you people have experienced on mushrooms, that can't be understood another way. Every trip I've been on, from level 1 to unconscious level 5, I thought during and directly afterwards that my ideas were profound and were reaching an ultimate truth or conclusion. Upon further inspection, without bias, I don't see anything profound about the experience as it applies to reality (as much as it hurt to reach this point in the beginning). As a stand alone experience, it does induce marvel and wonder, but I find it much more fulfilling to view this as a seperate entity, other than mixing it into my everyday thoughts. I still can't come up with 1 single thing that I can take from a trip and apply it to the real world in a coherent way.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3807264 - 02/20/05 03:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

True dat~, true dat~.....    :yesnod:

>^;;^<

:sun:

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experie [Re: Deviate]
    #3807321 - 02/20/05 03:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What is the meaning of the psychedelic experience?

:confused: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experie [Re: Gomp]
    #3807352 - 02/20/05 03:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hi Gomper....  :grin:    For me, all experiences mean what I choose to make out of them....    Simply put....

>^;;^<

:heart:

--------------------

>^;;^<

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: how do you feel about people who have tripped but dismiss the meaning of the psychedelic experie [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3807367 - 02/20/05 03:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Good one.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3807376 - 02/20/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't mean to sound negative, but I lost my "newbie enlightenment" several hundred trips ago. I learned to see entheogens for what they were. In answer to your question...it would depend on set and setting. It would be much easier to ask them about their spiritual views,though.

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
    #3807426 - 02/20/05 04:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well the main revelation i'm talking about is the fact that the reality you inhabit is built from "mind stuff". you're reality is computed by your brain and anything you see or experience can only be as complex as your brain can make it. we tend to think of our sensations and perceptions as reality but on a psychedelic our perceptions and sensations change, thus they cannot be reality, only the interface into reality that our brain creates. it doesn't take any sort of spiritual person to realize this, it's a simple intuition which happened to me the first time i smoked marijuana. i dont see what this has to do with set and setting or "newbie enlightenment" its just a simple fact that most people overlook but is impossible to overlook when on a psychedelic.

Edited by Deviate (02/20/05 04:08 PM)

OfflineDeviate
    #3807451 - 02/20/05 04:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

perhaps am i just really good at interpreting my experences and people who dont find meaning in smoking marijuana just suck at it? even the experience of being drunk has meaning, it proves that your inhibitions are not an inherent part of your existance. i had that revelation the first time i got drunk.

Edited by Deviate (02/20/05 04:12 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale