Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
I feel really distant when I trip
    #3807066 - 02/20/05 02:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's like everyone and everything is really far away and can't get through to me. I mean I can understand people, and interact with the world, but I always get that feeling like you've lost control or passed out and people are shaking you and saying you're name, but you can't respond. That has not ever actually happened to me, but I get that feeling very strongly when I trip.

I've heard alot of people talk about tripping like it's connecting or becoming one with the universe, but I always feel off in my own world. It always feels like nothing and nobody matters.

Are there any practices or thoughts that might help me stay connected to the world/other people when tripping?

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: I feel really distant when I trip [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3807151 - 02/20/05 03:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I also sometimes experience existential angst. It's not the most pleasant thing but I don't know if I would say it's necessarily a bad thing...

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: I feel really distant when I trip [Re: dblaney]
    #3807262 - 02/20/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It is part of the experienceing everything as one. To realize you are totally alone is to be lost in the game. To realize that alone is the only way to be is to be liberated.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: I feel really distant when I trip [Re: mecreateme]
    #3809047 - 02/20/05 11:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm. It's not like my everybody is self contained within my mind, so much as it is that everyone seems to be outside or far away from it.

--------------------

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

#3809076 - 02/20/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that's funny, i feel very intune :crazy:  like i understand everything and then some..very little confusion, but when there is it makes way for speculation, and like to think.

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: I feel really distant when I trip [Re: The_Green_Glow]
    #3809106 - 02/20/05 11:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder if that is tryptamines. The only things besides weed I am very experienced in are mescaline and MDA. I'm not stimulated to think alot on either, but I'm less inclined to believe it is the chemical that is the problem.

If I feel I understand everything it's that there is nothing to understand.

--------------------

Edited by Divided_Sky (02/20/05 11:36 PM)

Anonymous

#3811617 - 02/21/05 03:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
It's like everyone and everything is really far away and can't get through to me. I mean I can understand people, and interact with the world, but I always get that feeling like you've lost control or passed out and people are shaking you and saying you're name, but you can't respond. That has not ever actually happened to me, but I get that feeling very strongly when I trip.

I've heard alot of people talk about tripping like it's connecting or becoming one with the universe, but I always feel off in my own world. It always feels like nothing and nobody matters.

Are there any practices or thoughts that might help me stay connected to the world/other people when tripping?

I sort of feel the same way when I trip. Its like I can interact with people normally, but I feel like Im in my own world. I also feel like I cant control myself in a way. For example, I'll start scratching my leg even though its not itchy.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3811768 - 02/21/05 03:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Here's my thoughts on this:

Fungi pull us out of "ordinary" thought and out of an ordinary relationship with the world.

They cause us to see life from a different perspective, and this includes the way we see and relate to other people.

Try to not let yourself become the wierd one.
Also try not to become the wise one.

Your human, but your a human with a fungi-inspired perspective.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3813486 - 02/21/05 08:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Divided Sky,

I think I know what you are talking about.  For a few trips after my five gram trip I couldn't get over the feeling that I was "trapped" in my own little world, leagues away from everyone else.  It was like there was a 'shield' of some sort keeping me from communicating with my friends in the same room.  I kept getting really nervous and upset about the fact that I couldn't "connect" with anyone else in the room.  I felt so seperate.  Is this sort of what you mean? 

Well, for me it was really making tripping uncomfortable for me so I tried to fix the problem.  It was my suspicion that the reason why I felt that way was because I was still subconsciously fighting the trip.  I still wan't able to completely give in and release my ego.  Determined to fix this, I kept tripping once a month on lowish 2.5-3 gram doses until I did some lengthy preperation and took 4 grams, the highest dose since my 5 gram trip. 

I was freaking nervous as well, but I put a lot of effort into that trip, with the whole ritual thing and a lot of reading.  I promised myself that even if the trip got uncomfortable I would not fight it, just submit.  And during the trip, it happened.  There was a moment where I began to feel my ego slip away and after brief, queasy feeling of panic, I collasped into a ball on the floor and just let it happen.  It was the first time EVER I can honestly say I "let go" completely while tripping. 

Anyway, after I let go, that's when I realized that everything in the world was one organism and I experienced the "one-ness" that everyone talks about.  And the first time I've ever experienced total peace and love while tripping. 

I guess the point of this post is just to give you my experience with the phenomenon you are talking about and to say that maybe one day you can get past it too.  :heart:

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: I feel really distant when I trip [Re: MOTH]
    #3814702 - 02/21/05 11:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Try tripping in a forest, maybe you'll at least be one with nature.

And if you're tripping, be with other people who are tripping, at about the same dose. Communication between a tripper and non-tripper doesn't work... but between two trippers, there's a level of mind reading going on, so communication is hella easy, and fun.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineTim3WorX
Stranger
Re: I feel really distant when I trip [Re: MeThoD]
    #3816797 - 02/22/05 12:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I know what you mean, last few times I have tripped i've felt far away from everything even though i'm not.. and stuff tends to look wierd even though it hasnt changed

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3816813 - 02/22/05 12:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If everyone seems to be on the outside, they are also on the inside.
Don't you see that polar opposites create each other. To say that they are outside and not inside is like saying there is an up but not a down.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: I feel really distant when I trip [Re: mecreateme]
    #3817460 - 02/22/05 03:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think the issue might be letting go. It always seems that the first half of the trip is a contraction, and the second a release. It's like my anxiety gets higher, my sense of self gets stronger, i get more hyper and nuerotic until eventual I lose the fight (or i feel the end is near) and then everything becomes very relaxed and peaceful. I always feel like I can beat the trip, like I can get through it unscathed, but I inevitably must lose. But even when I can finally relax I always feel a small part of my mind in rebellion. It's like something is telling me the state I am in is too uncontrolled, too amoral or even hedonistic. Maybe it's my superego gone bad or something, like it tells me I'm headed for nihilism and total apathy if it doesn't get it's way.

Perhaps this struggle is actually making the presence of the ego more prominent.

--------------------

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Loc: -tite Flag
    #3817682 - 02/22/05 04:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This is the feeling of helplessness that I get at high doses. I'm not very eloquent but here goes.

All my senses start to fade out (I'm usually in bed by then) and hearing is my only contact with reality, but then I start to wonder if what I hear is even real. I start to fight it now(unfortunately) and what my mind has come up with is that I have gone insane after the first trip I had and in reality I am actually in a sanitarium, in a straight jacket, drooling in a corner or something and I have awakened. When I sleep I have dreams of reality( the elasped time from my last trip) and when I wake I am insane but this is reality. My friends' and my wifes' voices I hear only because they are visiting me and I can hear the pity in them. I try to comunicate with them but I feel dumb with the insanity. I plead with them to kill me and end my pitiful existence ( I feel very desperate and detatched from anything) even though I'm not suicidal I just see no other way out of this hell. It's a nightmare I cannot escape. But alas I do. And the relief is blissfull. It takes a lot of convincing once I am able to stand up that I am ever going to be normal again.

This is an exaggerated example of what your talking about, maybe?

--------------------

OfflineTim3WorX
Stranger
Re: I feel really distant when I trip [Re: NOS4A2]
    #3818222 - 02/22/05 05:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I would say that about sums it up, you can hear what people are talking to you about but it might as well be gibberish even though you should be able to understand it, also the feeling of being very distorted or lopsided is weird... does anyone find themselves rubbing or touching their face alot while on mushrooms? or is it just me

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Loc: -tite Flag
Re: I feel really distant when I trip [Re: Tim3WorX]
    #3819083 - 02/22/05 08:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have developed a nervous movement i do where I rub the back of an index finger on my forehead then flick my nose and repeat. My friend laughs at me. Like that guy in the movie twelve monkeys.

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel really distant when I trip [Re: Tim3WorX]
    #3821210 - 02/23/05 07:49 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Very much, I rub my face and look at my hands. And I touch all sorts of things. Anything I can get my hands on, it feels good to touch.

Once you realize you are in a fight, it should be over. There is no reason to fight yourself. Let the pathetic ego die, don't listen to its claims of grandeur.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder