Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineprozacworks1ders
Stranger
Strains
    #3807131 - 02/20/05 05:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:mushroom2:Hey there fellow shroomers! I plan on cultivting for the first time and I was wondering what the best strain to use is. So far I'm looking on this site called SporeWorks.com and it seems like there are a lot of good strains, but if anyone knows about any better or cheaper strains/sites, then please let me know! :smile: :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Strains [Re: prozacworks1ders]
    #3807158 - 02/20/05 05:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think the general concensus about this is that most strains are more-or-less the same. Some have slightly faster spawn running, larger fruits, higher yield...etc. etc....but in the end, a cube is a cube, in my opinion. The outcome of your labors is more dependent on...well, your labors...rather than which strain you pick.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Strains [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #3807537 - 02/20/05 06:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Is it just me or does somebody ask this question like once per day?!

Cubes are cubes!

If you are virgin looking to get your first piece of ass are you that worried what race she is? No it's just a pussy!!

:samurai:

Offlinepenlight438094
1 spliff 16.1g +1 man alone =Blitzed!
 Arcade Champion: Poker

Re: Strains [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3807568 - 02/20/05 06:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

kronnyQ said:
Is it just me or does somebody ask this question like once per day?!

Cubes are cubes!

If you are virgin looking to get your first piece of ass are you that worried what race she is? No it's just a pussy!!

:samurai:

that was amazing

--------------------
Grown on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Loc: Australia
Re: Strains [Re: penlight438094]
    #3808383 - 02/20/05 09:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i once inoculated 5 jars with Malabar and 5 jars with Golden Teacher...and all GT's contamminated, so 10 days later i knocked up 5 more with Equador, and the EQ's colonized a few days faster than the MAL's did...thats amazing.

same conditions....they simply grew faster than the MAL's i had.

MAL's came from Sporeworks, and GT and EQ came from Ralphstersspores.com FYI

--------------------

always remember.... to respect the fungus!:awesomenod::inlove3:

Offlineprozacworks1ders
Stranger
Re: Strains [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3836485 - 02/26/05 12:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I know that most strains are more or less the same. Do you think that I didn't look at this site before I asked my question? I was wanting to know if there were any easier or cheaper strains for my first time. I mean, it's my first time! I'll probably mess up a little and I don't want to spend a lot of money on the trial and error process, that's all. I probably should've made that more clear in the first post, but that was my fault so...any more advice?

Offlineguest23
Stranger
    #3836492 - 02/26/05 01:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Price doesn't change by the strain, it varies by vendor.
Look around here: http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php
SporeWorks is great, but there are cheaper places if you're worried about price.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3836791 - 02/26/05 02:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

>I know that most strains are more or less the same.
You know wrong. ALL strains are more or less the same.

>Do you think that I didn't look at this site before I asked my question?
Since you asked it, YES. See how many posts I have? I have probably read THAT MANY FRIGGEN POSTS ASKING THIS SAME GOD DAMNED QUESTION. So, had you read much into the site you would have seen the post stickied to the top that says SEARCH before POSTING a question.

>I was wanting to know if there were any easier or cheaper strains for my first time.
As everyone already said, NO.

>I mean, it's my first time! I'll probably mess up a little and I don't want to spend a lot of money on the trial and error process, that's all.
Most vendors give free syringe deals to shroomery members, look for cheaper vendors. Sporesdirect.com has 8 dollar syringes, good deals on 5 and 10 syringes, plus a free syringe with your order. 2 syringes for 8 bucks or 6 for 38 plus only 6 bucks shipping on any order size, good for large orders.

>I probably should've made that more clear in the first post
It was perfectly clear. People did not misunderstand you, you misunderstand them

>but that was my fault so...any more advice?'
Besides what I gave you...cubies will all vary. Potency, yeilds, size, color, speed, ease of pinning, resistance to contams, ect will all vary from strain to strain. They will also vary from substrain to substrain. My B+ wont turn out the same as yours. Not only because the spores are from a different place, but because we have different substrates and environmental conditions. And the longer I hold it and you hold yours the more different from eachother the strains will get as you change it, taking isolates or clones or new prints. Even your own B+ syringe with the same print will have tons of different spores in it. Different mycelium will grow in each jar (slightly) and each casing you make will be different. You could make 2 casings and one flourishes and nothing much happens to the other, made exactly the same. Do not look for others results for strains, try out a few that you want to try and see what you like and what grows good for YOU.

You also need to learn to use the search function and quit asking questions that are easily found by searching.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisibleveggie

#3837150 - 02/26/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Below is some information on strains originally posted by Magash.
(when I find the post, I will replace this with the link)

Quote:

B+
The B+ is a relatively fast colonizer that fruits very easily and produces some large fruits in abundace. A hardy forgiving strain makes this an excellent choice for beginners as it grows easily in a variety of conditions. Colonization temperatures are 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Ecuador
The Ecuadorian is an excellent choice for the beginner as this cubensis strain produces some large fruits with nice flushes. The ecuadorian is just a beautiful fruit that will grow easily on most any substrate. This strain has very meaty stalks with beautiful caramel colored caps. Colonization temperatures are 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Thailand Koh-Saumi
This cubensis form the Isle of Koh-Saumi produces small to medium fruits with potent effects. This one is a very good resistor of contaminants, a fast colonizer, and is a good choice for beginners. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Puerto Rican
The Puerto Rican is known for it's VERY potent effects and extremely rizomorphic mycellium. A fast and aggressive colonizer that produces medium to large fruits. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

PESA
The VERY potent PESA produces small to medium fruits. It was originally sold by pacific exotic spora as an azure hybrid, But it is just a really potent cubensis. Also a fast colonizer makes this one a really nice strain. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees. F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Treasure Coast
A very prolific fruiter from the gulf coast of southern florida,The Treasure Coast strain of cubensis is known for it's characteristic of producing albino fruits. The Treasure Coast is a very fast colonizer, which produces some beautiful lightly caramel, sometimes almost white or albino fruits. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Mazatapec
A hardy classic cubensis strain from deep in southern Mexico. The Mazatapec is sought for it's spirituality from within. An aggressive, rhizomorphic mycellium is another characteristic of this strain. Another good choice for the beginner. The Mazatapec also has the tendency to be an abundant fruiter.Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F is optimal.

Golden Teacher
A beuatiful cubensis that is very hardy and produces large fruits especially in later flushes. Thick meaty stalks and dark spotted caps are another characteristic of this strain. Extreme bluing reaction upon any cutting or bruising of the fruit. It's no wonder it carries the name it does. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Tasmanian
The Tasmanian strain of cubensis has excellent fruiting ability. The fruits The Tasmanian produces are large with some fruits reaching heights up to 8 inches. The caps on this strain are a light yellow in color. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Acadian Coast
This Strain of cubensis from louisiana is an abundant fruiter with extremely rizomorphic mycellium. A prolific pinset is another characteristic of this strain. Fruits are medium to large. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

PES Amazonian
A very Prolific fruiter with average fruits reaching over six inches. A good choice for beginners, the mycellium is very rizomorphic, and it is also a fast colonizer. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Huautla
Psilocybe cubensis Huautla recently collected from southern Mexico in the Oaxaca region, close to the village Huautla de jiminez. It has long skinny stalks, and conic to hemispheric caps. An abundant fruiter with fruits from six to ten inches. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Cambodian
An excellent strain from Angkor wat, the Cambodian is a very fast colonizer producing beautiful fruits. For a cubensis the Cambodian is thought to be very potent. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Plantasia Mystery
A beautiful strain of cubensis with average size fruits. Colonization speed is average for a cubensis. This one is worth exploring it's mystery. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees is optimal.

Gulf Coast
From the eastern coastal region of Florida, the Gulf coast strain of cubensis is very potent. An abundant fruiter the gulf coast strain has average to large fruits. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Panama
This one from Panama is an excelent cubensis. Potent as well as an abundant fruiter makes this one a nice choice for any collection. The panamanian is sure to please. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees is optimal.

note: You may notice a pattern here; "Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees is optimal" :ooo:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation