Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Did someone try this ? ( pic )
    #3805899 - 02/20/05 04:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm growing some mycelium on agar media, and i was thinking what am i going to do with all that mycelium so i got an idea ...

I would make PF tek jars, and in the center of the jar i would leave a hole about 3/4 of the cake deep ... That would be the spot where i would insert mycelium after sterilization of the jars ...

So this would look like this -

My question is, did anyone try this ?

ps. As laisy as i am, i didnt search before i posted this ( sorry ), so it could be posible that there is a tek like this somewhere ( ? )

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroom_man
Stranger
Loc: Canada, New Brunswick
Re: Did someone try this ? ( pic ) [Re: baltazar]
    #3805939 - 02/20/05 05:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you will need a glove-box or even better a flowhood. In theroy it should work, but if I were you I would prepare a bunch of grain jars which can then be used for caseings. Also, optionaly, you can store the agar in the fridge until summer, then make up a bunch of grain/birdseed jars, Then use the colnized jars to inculate a large outdoor patch. For PF style jars [brf/vrm] its best to make a mycelium syringe to inculate.

Hope this helps

Shroom_Man

--------------------
I have now aquired 5 differen't P. Cubensis varities.

--Cambodean-- (vendor checked out and is well knowen by many here and at other fourms)

--Mexi-Cub-- (Again Vendor is well knowen)
--Thiland Pink Bufflo-- (vendor is well knowen)
--Hawiian Strain
--Origional PF-tech strain

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: Did someone try this ? ( pic ) [Re: Shroom_man]
    #3806027 - 02/20/05 06:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The problem is i dont have a pressure cooker, so i cant sterilize grain jars ...

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
    #3806164 - 02/20/05 08:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

IMO it won?t work. When you inoc. a substrate (usually grains) via agar wedges, jars or bags need to be shaked and PF-Tek jars are impossible to shake. Your way, it will take forever to colonize if at all. Probably it will contam or the substrate will dry out before 100% colonization is achieved.
If you?re working with agar and you like to go the PF-Tek way, it would be better if you pour some sterilized water in the petri, mix it with the myc. and prepare a myc. syringe to inoc. the PF-Tek substrate.

Easiest way is: Buy some rye, wheat, millet or whatever grain you like best, and prepare it the traditional way (whole, not flour), then inoc. with the agar wedges and shake when necessary. This way, you should get the grain colonized 100% in as little as a week.

GL.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: Did someone try this ? ( pic ) [Re: Semilanceata]
    #3806177 - 02/20/05 09:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think i will try grain jars than ...

Any alternate sterilization methods for grain ? Would fractional sterilization method be ok ?

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
    #3806185 - 02/20/05 09:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I would get a pressure cooker, if you can?t get one then go the PF-Tek way, but try to inoc. with a liquid myc./spores syringe.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Invisibleastrozombi3
atm
 User Gallery

#3806192 - 02/20/05 09:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

add sterile water in petri disk and suck the micelium with syringe and inoculate it! It?s a great tek and you have very fast colonization. PC is necessary for the sterilization of grain.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Did someone try this ? ( pic ) [Re: astrozombi3]
    #3806235 - 02/20/05 09:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

^^^^^^^^

Exactly, Steam sterilization (the PF tek way) will not work for grains. You can get pressure cookers for fairly cheap at wal-mart.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: Did someone try this ? ( pic ) [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3806351 - 02/20/05 10:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ill just make some mycelium syringes, and use that tek this time ...

It's cheaper and not such a mess ( i don't have to spawn and case later, when using PF tek ... )

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag