Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Will I get Schizo?
    #3798301 - 02/18/05 12:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

My uncle has schizophrenia. He used to do allot of acid and shit and it eventually built up. I was wondering if i had a great chance of getting schizo if keep doing mushrooms. Reading back in my family's history there seems to be no other evidents of schizophrenia. Just my uncle. :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Will I get Schizo? [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3798319 - 02/18/05 12:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you dont get schizophrenia from mushrooms. If you have it mushrooms will probably let you know you have it.n Schizophrenia doesnt start showing up till your in late adolescense around 18 to 21.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Will I get Schizo? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3798333 - 02/18/05 12:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

soo like it doesn't matter if i do mushrooms or not if i have schizo it will eventually show up no matter what?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3798344 - 02/18/05 12:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's good to consider the possible consequences of using psychedelics.  That shows a lot of responsibility on your part, so good job.  :smile:  Mushies can trigger a PRE-EXISTING propensity for mental illness, but they will not "create" one.  They can only bring something that already existed to the surface. 

As to whether or not you should be worried...caution is helpful, but if you take care to keep yourself grounded and respect the shroom you should be okay.  :heart:

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Will I get Schizo? [Re: MOTH]
    #3798371 - 02/18/05 12:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

will do.. magic is not a toy. thanks man

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3798600 - 02/18/05 01:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If it runs in your family, then your chances are much better than average of becoming Schizophrenic, or so I've read, anyway. As far as the connection between this and the use of psychedelics, there is no conclusive proof, beyond the normal anti-drug hysteria in these times...

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Will I get Schizo? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3798680 - 02/18/05 01:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well my uncle is the only one that has it. Im guessing its hidden deep inside our family he just eventually triggered it from doing lsd too much.

Offlinemidway
Stranger

#3799087 - 02/18/05 03:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ive found many people in my life that blame all thier mental problems on one or two psychedelic experiences, and never acknowledge their alcohol consumption is the likely cause. I have used Psilocybin extensively, and it has improved my mental clarity and ability to focus, as well as disabling my need for bad habit drugs such as caffiene, nicotine, and alcohol.
My advice is to drop the cigs, drop the alcohol, drop the junk food, get exercise, and do as many mushrooms as you feel are needed. I have experiences some incredible states of total well being from such a philosophy. I think if you do that, youll see that lsd and psilocybin are more beneficial to your mental state than harmful.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3799679 - 02/18/05 05:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, if even just one relative has it your chances are much, much greater. So the psychedelics you take may unvail it. I'd be careful.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Will I get Schizo? [Re: Locus]
    #3800155 - 02/18/05 06:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I do shrooms probably about once every other month. I take about dosages between 2-4 grams (dry). I just hope it doesnt trigger schizophrenia if I have it. Should I quit shrooms? They have changed my life for the better soo much yet I dont want to turn out being crazy at the end. Does anyone on this site have schizophrenia? if soo what is it like? Could you acually live a happier life when you have schizophrenia? ahh this all is creepy...

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3800596 - 02/18/05 08:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I really don't know what you should do. But I think I would at least do it less frequently than every other month.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3800621 - 02/18/05 08:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OK.

1950s: You take some mescaline, and start to think maybe rich white guys shouldn't run the world. Your rich parents and their psychologist, along with authority figures who want to keep rich white guys in power, diagnos you as crazy.

2005: you take mushrooms and realize a lot of stuff in society is bullshit, reject most of it, and start living in a way that feels more organic to you. The rich white guys who run the mega corporations are threatened by this, because you are no longer over consuming, so the studies on drug abuse they cause the government to produce diagnos you as crazy.

Don't worry about it. A lot of insanity is confronting all the bullshit society has planted deep in your mind. This can be a positive process which betters your life! As ou reject more of society, they will reject you, including a diagnosis of crazy. But this doesn't mean much.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Will I get Schizo? [Re: tomk]
    #3800688 - 02/18/05 08:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, but there is a difference between egoloss and stuff like that and completely losing your mind. Opening your mind and everything is great, but schizophrenia is real and not the same thing. I'd still be careful ...just what I think.

--------------------

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3801034 - 02/18/05 09:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

*Trying to stay on topic* Something that might add to the informativeness of this thread is the response to these questions:
-Is it possible to carry schizophrenia in your bloodline, but not feel the effects of it? and If it's possible to have the schizophrenia in your genes without the effects, then take mushrooms/LSD and have it start affecting you?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Will I get Schizo? [Re: Society]
    #3801347 - 02/18/05 10:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

people that have schizophrenia dont think there crazy right? like they acually beleive in what they see and what doesnt makes since.

OfflineTrespasser
Stranger
    #3802477 - 02/19/05 02:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Schizophrenia has a strong genetic component, but even when it comes to one egg-twins, if one of them develops the illness the other one might not, although the risk is high. As a doctor desribed it to me, to have a genetic component that gives a predisposition for schizophrenia (or mental illness), increases that persons vulnerability. In other words it requires less stress for that person to reach the threshold level and end up in a psychosis. The stress could come in many forms: drug use, loss of a close relative, loosing a job, etc. Even so called "healthy" people can end up in a psychosis it just requires more stress, but to get schizophrenia one needs to have a predisposition for it.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3805811 - 02/20/05 02:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

people that have schizophrenia dont think there crazy right? like they acually beleive in what they see and what doesnt makes since.

man it sure is tricky... I mean, why don't we call christians schizophrenic? aren't their beliefs fucking waay out? (Jesus is the "son of God", he died for our sins on a cross, then he rose again, etc) but they'er not called crazy because... well, probably because a lot of them happen to be in power.

I know a guy who is deemed schizophrenic by doctors. he's homeless, and in order to get any help from the government AT ALL he has to take his meds. he doesn't want to. over the time I lived in the same city as him, he was on and off the meds a few times. I'll tell you, I preferred his personality when he was off to when he was on.
Off the meds, he was super witty and sharp, kinda volatile and unpredictable. also very moody, could be very sad or angry one minute, totally cheerful the next. on the meds, his eyelids were constantly at half-mast, he wasn't so witty, took him longer to 'get' ideas. also not nearly so moody, his emotions stayed in a much smaller range.

when he was off the meds, he wasn't a danger to himself or others, except if you consider naughty words and wacky ideas dangerous. last time I saw him, he was being 'apprehended' outside my work

I'll admit my knowledge of schoziphrenia is almost entirely based on this one guy and other people he told me about, but I think it's a label which is used to define a few different states of being. like, if someone's beating up old grannies, yes they should be at least locked up for a while, if not medicated. but if they're harmless and they just think differently... leave them alone? I don't know

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Will I get Schizo? [Re: MOTH]
    #3805830 - 02/20/05 03:04 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That is not fact yet. There was a study going on in Europe in the past year analyzing psychedelics with schizophrenia. I have not read results yet. I do, however, know there is a connection with frequent use of PCP and schizophrenia.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinebugfungii24
Stranger
Re: Will I get Schizo? [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3805843 - 02/20/05 03:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

When I read about schizophrenia it seems like bullshit.

but since I've arrived here, I've discovered that it's for REAL! "...The lady on the news is comin over for a date--but now she's not comin' because she knows I'm thare...", "... You see, I believe I'm an alien reincarnate..." etc. It's refreshing.

But people who normally get diagnosed aren't cases like that. They were diagnosed because of family and Dr. conspiracies and misunderstandings. For example on one site I read this: '...When I called my brother on the other side of the country (he was still living back with our parents), and he sounded flat...different...I later discovered this was called "the flat effect"...All I knew is that it wasn't our Johnnie...and immediately contacted mother so that we could speak to our family Dr...'
That stupid whore! Johnnie was probably expecting tinkerbell Tina, that's why he was flat!

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Will I get Schizo? [Re: bugfungii24]
    #3806523 - 02/20/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Read the book  Mad in America.  It is all about the mistreatment/diagnosis of the mentally ill.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract