Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHandsomeDave
ride the stimutacs
 User Gallery

Loc: the attractive attic
Is smoking moldy dank bad you?
    #3805569 - 02/20/05 02:49 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I recently moved and haven't smoked or taken my dank out of hiding in about 4 days.  I must've introduced a bit too much moisture to my little bud's habitat before the move, because now he has a nice fine layer of white stringy mold(like a spiderweb).  I've cleaned it a bit, but it's safe to smoke right?  Please say yes, because my pipe grows cold.. (and I'll probably smoke it anyway)  :grin: :yesnod:

--------------------
Cylon and Garfunkel

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHandsomeDave
ride the stimutacs
 User Gallery

Re: Is smoking moldy dank bad you? [Re: HandsomeDave]
    #3805692 - 02/20/05 03:29 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well I smoked it anyway(and smoked a lot!).  So I took one really packed bowl and stuffed it to about a quarter from the top.  I got about 5 seriously good rips out of it.  It burned thick and cool.  Not once in all the big rips did I have the urge to really cough. So first one was good. :smile: Then not 5 minutes later I had my next bowl loaded and packed hard to the top.  Was stoned on my 2nd rip of my 2nd outing.  I took about 10 more til the pot fell thru to the water. :rasta:  I am so glad I have more of this.  :grin:

--------------------
Cylon and Garfunkel

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
    #3805795 - 02/20/05 04:17 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Um....some mold spores can be really dangerous. It really depends on the kind of mold but Im happy I didnt recommend that you smoke it just incase something bad happened

OfflineHandsomeDave
ride the stimutacs
 User Gallery

Re: Is smoking moldy dank bad you? [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3805809 - 02/20/05 04:39 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PsillyNilly said:
Um....some mold spores can be really dangerous.  It really depends on the kind of mold but I'm happy I didn't recommend that you smoke it just in case something bad happened

Too late now.  It's been well past when I smoked my 3rd bowl.  I'm still alive.  BUT my eyes do look like Hypno Toad's though  :cool:..

--------------------
Cylon and Garfunkel

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #3805871 - 02/20/05 05:50 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Smoking moldy dank is bad for you. It is asking for a lung infection, among other dangers.

Way to be cautious and wait for an answer of something you weren't sure about... Let alone doing some research.

Ask Erowid: Are there any negative effects to smoking cannabis with mold growth on it (light green or white colored) and is there any way to remove the mold?
Quote:

Yes, this could be potentially dangerous. Molds are fungi, and some species of mold can produce highly toxic chemicals. Even if you remove all the mold that you can see, the chemicals they produce could be spread throughout the Cannabis. There's no practical way to identify whether the particular mold growing on your Cannabis is toxic or not, but burning and inhaling the smoke of potentially toxic mold isn't worth the risk.

The only thing you can do is throw the Cannabis away. If it was growing mold, chances are it would not have been very good smoking material anyway. Making sure that Cannabis is thoroughly dry before storing it should help prevent against mold.

Probably the primary acute danger with smoking cannabis that has molded is allergic reaction. Many molds produce chemicals and contain cells that can cause severe allergic reactions. The second danger is that a toxin produced by the mold would have a lingering damaging effect that would not be immediately identifiable. Your health is worth more than it would cost to buy more.

--------------------
delta9

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

Loc: no hands land, az
    #3806490 - 02/20/05 01:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

your limbs will first go numb, turn black, and then fall off.
your christmas dank is now the reaper's refer! :goombah: :goombah: :goombah:

--------------------

2,5-dimethoxy-4-astatophenethylamine

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: Is smoking moldy dank bad you? [Re: ninetynine]
    #3806644 - 02/20/05 02:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I've smoked a bit of moldy dank. it didn't bother me, but there is an inherent risk in it. i can't recommend anyone smoke the moldy dank. drying your buds properly can help a lot to reduce the risk of molds, and just say no to dealers who try to sell you weed that's still real moist...that's shady as hell, and a major rip off as weed loses a ton of weight when it dries properly.

OfflineKodos
I come in thespirit ofhostility
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel VII
Re: Is smoking moldy dank bad you? [Re: lackobreath]
    #3821885 - 02/23/05 01:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i went to the hospital for like 4 days because of that (they could never actually tell me what it was) but im pretty it was some kind of lung infection from weed that may have gotten moldy or sunthin like that

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Is smoking moldy dank bad you? [Re: Kodos]
    #3822690 - 02/23/05 04:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like cobweb to me, we get it on mushrooms alot and cure it w/ hydrogen peroxide diluded with peroxide(3%), but i'm not sure if that will help get it off your buds, lol. Hope you don't get sick or worse, die. Good luck tho, enjoy :smirk:

-Gnostic

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience