Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesre2f
Stranger
Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions?
    #3802614 - 02/19/05 04:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I day or so after it rains, shrooms pop up everywhere. Is this because the given medium (tree bark, cow shit, whatever) is already colonized?

--------------------
....and that was when I knew it would be a bad trip, the bed was tieing me to the bed and my shirt started to eat me..............and just like that it was over, as if nothing had happened.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: sre2f]
    #3802621 - 02/19/05 04:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Exactly, and usually just waiting for the conditions to fruit.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinelittlefriend420
Rafans Rule!
Male

Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3803750 - 02/19/05 03:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I suggest that it's because you're not eagerly anticipating those mushrooms to fruit. Or maybe you are. :wink: What do I know?

--------------------
"Great trespasses have been wrought against our liberties. The people are hungry for justice and peace, but do nothing. Everyday I see the signs of an empire in decline, but still, I do nothing. My apathy is not borne of deficiency of will - I know not what to do. Public education no longer teaches the majority of us the due processes of political action. Combined with the distractions of "modern life," pushed upon us by an economic machine with insatiable appetites, the future looks grim. Still, I hope. Still, I vote. Still, I dream..."
~ Some guy on digg

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: littlefriend420]
    #3805168 - 02/19/05 10:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, they grow just as fast when homegrowing once the cakes are colonized and ready to fruit.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: Smushroom]
    #3805420 - 02/20/05 12:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

no way, at home you can pump out so many mushrooms, they grow so fast.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Offlinek2nride
journeyman
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3805518 - 02/20/05 12:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok here is how it is. Outdoors cubes will grow from a pin to mature in about 2-3 days. It takes about 5-7 days if you grow them indoors. The mushrooms outdoors have an infinate amount of fresh air while you constantly need to fan yours indoors. Even then the air you replace it with is not as good as the air outside. You know what it is like to go outside and take a deep breath. Its much more refreshing than doing it indoors. The mushrooms are the same way in likeing the outdoor air. I know there are more factors determining why they grow faster outdoors, but this is the only thing i could come up with.

OfflineRaspo
Poopsmith
 User Gallery
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: k2nride]
    #3806082 - 02/20/05 07:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

k2nride, if I have a window bringing in cool air and a fan pulling that air in, will my shrooms grow faster? Anyone else want to answer?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: Raspo]
    #3806089 - 02/20/05 07:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't believe they will. I think K2 is taking a stab in the dark at this one. Also if you start introducing more air from outside you could increase your risk for contamination.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: sre2f]
    #3806100 - 02/20/05 07:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

In NATURE, all you see is the fruiting. Not all else in the life cycle that preceeds that fruiting.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3806662 - 02/20/05 12:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Their was a post(long ago) about temperature cycling. That said the constant temp changes found in nature contribute to the faster growth.

:shrug:

Plus in nature you really only see the fruiting stage, not the pinning stage. Most (if not all) the wild cubies I have seen, were comming out of the ground w/veils not far from breaking.

Offlinemickywilliams2
journeyman
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: niteowl]
    #3807093 - 02/20/05 02:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Shrooms really do grow alot faster outdoors.
When I do outdoor beds Ill have pins one day and shrooms the next.
I grow in the summer so maybe its the heat that causes them to grow so fast.
Theyre nicer looking shrooms too.

OfflineTweexican
Clit Commander
 User Gallery
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: mickywilliams2]
    #3807609 - 02/20/05 04:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

all of this has been noted. But can anyone really prove why there is so much faster growth?

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: Tweexican]
    #3807733 - 02/20/05 05:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think the growth outdoors is so much faster, if at all.

In summer indoors P. cubensis mushrooms go from pin to flat cap in 2 days.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: Anno]
    #3807739 - 02/20/05 05:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

For example, this video covers a 42 hour timeframe:
http://www.fungifun.org.nyud.net:8090/videos/timelapse_burma.avi

Offlinebixo
Dremel Addict
 User Gallery

Loc: The Autobahn
Re: Why do shrooms grow so quick in nature, but slow in homegrown optiumum conditions? [Re: Anno]
    #3807765 - 02/20/05 05:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

holy shit, thats fucking nuts!! best time lapse ive seen, good shit anno :thumbup: shows what optimum conditions can get you.

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
    #3807867 - 02/20/05 05:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that needs to be an animated gif :grin:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

OfflineReeferMadness
Day Tripper

#3810158 - 02/21/05 08:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That's a sweet ass time lapse, good job!

--------------------
Day after day, alone on a hill, the man with a
foolish grin is perfectly still
But nobody wants to know him, that can see
that he's just a fool as he never gives an answer
But the fool on hill sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head see the world
spinning round.-The Beatles' 'Magical Mystery Tour'

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies