Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekdog
Stranger
saving syringes
    #380134 - 08/27/01 05:58 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

do spore syringes stay alright in like 80 degrees ive had them for like 2 weeks but am still looking for 1/2 pint jars? Also, is a pressure canner highly recommended? thanks someday i will be able to answer questions for you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineprotocoldroid
synthtek aa
Loc: central ny
Re: saving syringes [Re: kdog]
    #380156 - 08/27/01 06:15 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

commercial spore syringes I assume... probably will last quite a while. I have a batch going from spore syringes that are almost a year and a half old from PF, they're doing exceptionally well. and those syringes went through everything from high temps to basement storage to a couple nights in a freezing uhaul truck. I think you're ok :)

jars, call everywhere. grocery stores, walmat, k-mart, etc.

I think most people reccommend a pressure canner, although I don't use one. cause I'm cheap :P I do alright without it.

peace out!

-protocoldroid

-=/ "what is this electrofunk that's drivin' y'all crazy?" \=-

[paranoia disclaimer: a science-fiction post for a science-fiction world, this post is not intended to be true.]

--------------------
-=/ "what is this electrofunk that's drivin' y'all crazy?" \=-
[disclaimer: a science-fiction post for a science-fiction world, this post is not intended to be true.]

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
    #380160 - 08/27/01 06:19 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

dude, i dont use a pressure cooker, i have never had contaminents. just put them in boiling water , but make sure the water level does not exceed the jars lid because that could dilute the substrate. o ya, make sure you keep a lid on the pot you might use to boil them with.

god must be dead if your alive

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

Offlinekdog
Stranger
Re: saving syringes [Re: protocoldroid]
    #380161 - 08/27/01 06:20 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, i will keep calling i presume they will be in stock in september when everybodys veggies are ready for harvest.

God gave some of us the need to create for self satisfaction with out the need we would not be living in the world today. Some of my teachers told me to study nature for ideas thats what im doing.

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #380405 - 08/27/01 11:48 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

80 degrees is kinda hot- is that in your house?if youre worried about temps, its better to have them cold than hot. put them in your fridge for storage...

a pressure canner is nice. when HQ 1st started, she boiled jars only and had about a 1/12 contam rate, which isnt bad. but, remember youll be limited only to pf tek style jars (no grains, seeds, etc)... use the water bath/boiling to see if you really like it, and if you do enjoy the hobby, consider getting one. last time HQ had no contams in the pf style jars, and no contams in seed jars that were pressure cooked. which is a perk :) (but still is trying to get the water content for rye down- so those jars were f*cked)...

do you have an ACE hardware where you live? they have the canning jars year round where i live (non-rural area). plus all the supplies youll need (ACE is the place for me...)

gluck

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale