Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hygrometer, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinevnzln
Stranger
raising humidity for out door growing
    #3803677 - 02/19/05 05:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well right now I'm going to start making about 6 pints of wbs spawn. now, back to my question. i live in southern Florida and i think i found a pretty good spot to grow in my back yard. i found a very shady spot with bushy palm trees all around. well i set my temp and humidity recorder there and the temp is about 70 all the time but my humidity changes from 93% to 60%. i want to know what would be the best method to keep the humidity in the 90%'s. do i mist above the shrooms? do i soak the whole ground around the shrooms? can i burry one of those soak hoses under the shroom patch? what would be the best and least time consuming method? thank you for all you help in advance. hector

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNextKind
Cannabinoid

Re: raising humidity for out door growing [Re: vnzln]
    #3803698 - 02/19/05 05:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I believe you can put a line of drip hose around the area and let it drip very very slowly. Maybe a drop or two every few minutes or something

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: raising humidity for out door growing [Re: NextKind]
    #3803710 - 02/19/05 05:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Set up a casing layer of your choosing, and if you want to you can sprinkle a fine layer of rye grass (fresh) above that. Lightly mist the grass, it provides a nice micro climate for pins to form outdoors. Avoid direct and heavy misting, of course. This is just one way you can do it.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinevnzln
Stranger
Re: raising humidity for out door growing [Re: Holydiver]
    #3805455 - 02/20/05 02:21 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

thanks anymore?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3805625 - 02/20/05 03:02 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't even worry about the humidity fluctuations. Putting the grass down is a good idea though, would help to boost the humidity in the microclimate. I take it your putting the hygrometer directly on the ground???

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinevnzln
Stranger
Re: raising humidity for out door growing [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3808623 - 02/20/05 10:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

so i'm fine with these humidity fluctuations?? and i have the hygrometer directly on the ground. oh and another question when i put the grass on top , how often do i water the patch? thank you

Offlinechocbruce
Learned Student

Loc: ...
    #3808717 - 02/20/05 11:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well, cubes grow naturally in florida...So I'd say that you're fine with any flucuation. in fact, those finish flushing i suggest that you get a lil manure and put it on top of that....and see what develops.

--------------------
I look for answers and present ideas, but in no way shape or form endorse, or partake in, growing, or manufacture of substances, or plants, or any specie that is illegal in your neck of the woods. I do however, tear the tags off of my mattresses. Be warned.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hygrometer, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation