Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomel
Control Jar Method help......
    #380319 - 08/27/01 09:18 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Okay....I was reading through PF-Tek and decided to try the control jar method to make perfectly sure my spore syringe would not be wasted.I got done steam sterilizing about 1 day ago and earlier today thinking back i forgot to wipe the insides of the jars down to the subtrate before adding dry Verm.(From what i hear this isnt stressed anoth)So i quickly gathered my jars for inspection and i noticed on about three of them have really small black spots(note i didnt innoculate jars).The spots are about the size of a peice of coarse vermiculte.Im hoping this is nothing because it was hard anoth secretly sterilizing the jars in a large canning pot 3 in the morning without my girlfriend waking up and getting pissed at me.Could this be a contam or could it be something else and should i expect the other jars to follow?(Important:there is no spores in jars...just subtrate)

The world isnt a planet its a stone tossed into space.

--------------------
Hows my driven man?
We are still parked.
-Cheech&Chong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineteonanacatl1
Stranger

Loc: NYC
Re: Control Jar Method help...... [Re: Shroomel]
    #380349 - 08/27/01 10:10 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Well you are right about wipinr the verm away thats not a real big deal. However friend I would wait like 3 more days before giving the contam vote of yay or nay. Dont get parinoid you arent losing anything except time.

And I hope that you die and your death will come soon
I'll follow your casket through the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered into your death bed
Then I'll stand over your grave till I'm sure that you're
dead - Bob Dylan

--------------------
And I hope that you die and your death will come soon
I'll follow your casket through the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered into your death bed
Then I'll stand over your grave till I'm sure that you're
dead - Bob Dylan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract