Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCaptain Loafy McPoopdick
(4 1 2)

Loc: 1 5 1 3 6
Help a skinny bastard out won't ya?
    #3802920 - 02/19/05 10:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Is there any way for a skinny person like me to gain any kind of muscle mass? I weigh 140 lbs and i'm 5'9
It's disgusting.
I don't usually work out because when I did nothing happened. any kind of protean I can take? I'm going to start working out again. I just really need a food chart, work out plans, and some protean stuff from a health shop.
and advice of what I should do?
I hate being so skinny.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
(4 1 2)

Re: Help a skinny bastard out won't ya? [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #3803068 - 02/19/05 11:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Please?

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#3803076 - 02/19/05 11:29 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Do you want to get strong or have muscle?

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3803104 - 02/19/05 11:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

(4 1 2)

Re: Help a skinny bastard out won't ya? [Re: looner2]
    #3803120 - 02/19/05 11:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think i'm aiming to get more muscle
I'm a little confused wouldn't getting more muscle make me stronger??
hhaha that was probably a dumb thing to ask
I think wanting both wouldn't be the look I want. that would just cause a sort of fat muscle look. cuts and shape are really what I want but still wanting to get big, if that made sense

either way i'm open for suggestions and I will read that site over, thanks!

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3803728 - 02/19/05 03:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm 138 lbs, 5'10 and I"m pretty skinny... but I'm also somewhat muscular. Weight doesn't seem to have much to do with it.

Protein, stretching, cardio, weight training, equillibrium, and a healthier lifestyle.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3804056 - 02/19/05 05:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Eat loads and pump that iron, me lad!

Sticking at it is what you really need to find out how to do :grin:

--------------------

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3804430 - 02/19/05 07:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

How old are you?
I am more skinny than that, it's not really a bad thing. I am about 6 ft and under 130 pounds.
It usually has to do with metabolism and genetics, look at other people in your family. Were they skinny in youth too? Are they still skinny?
In my family, people tend to be skinny until around 25 or so and they bulk up as they age. My parents are around 50 and they are not overweight but are no longer skinny. Being skinny does have its benefits, fast metabolisms are usually pretty healthy and lightweights often have a lot of energy and are fast. I do tons of walking and hiking, it really has helped me build up some leg muscle. I have really long legs and they are the stroingest part of my body probably.
As for ways to gain muscle mass, I would just suggest working out, possibly joining a gym or fitness club. If you don't like that sort of thing, you can work out on your own and try to come up with some sort physical activities that provide workouts.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: eris]
    #3804803 - 02/19/05 09:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Help a skinny bastard out won't ya? [Re: dr_gonz]
    #3804961 - 02/19/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You have to go into it with the mindset that you will not get "huge" in a week. It's takes at least 6 months to notice a real change in your physique (atleast in my experience).

drgonz, I was thinking this about EXACT concept today.  I started a consistent workout plan of 2-5 times a week (which actaully doesn't sound consistent...) back in April and didn't notice I had actually gained muscle mass until around about August or September.  There's really no method of instant gratification.  Come up with a healthy meal plan, run 30+ minutes a day, and work out.  Don't forget to stretch after your muscles are warmed up because it's been shown that those who stretch for flexibility are 30% stronger from working out.  Hope I didn't skew the statement or statistic...  :sad:

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Help a skinny bastard out won't ya? [Re: Society]
    #3804997 - 02/19/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

lol

im over 6 foot and i weight 60 kg i eat more than most fat people, don't try too hard to put on weight it will make you unhealthy. You are what you are, metabolism sees to that

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: faslimy]
    #3805054 - 02/19/05 10:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineMoxemerald
Executive

Loc: NJ
    #3805328 - 02/19/05 11:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yea bro im about 6' and about 130 lbs. I'm really skinny but I dont mind at all. What you gotta do is just get comfortable with it, and it's a blast. You can fit places and run fast and eat all u want.

haha

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: Help a skinny bastard out won't ya? [Re: Moxemerald]
    #3805832 - 02/20/05 03:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Up until I was about 22 I was 6'3" 169, now I'm 6'3" 220, how did I gain so much? i drank beer, ate alot, and got older. Now I'm working out to turn some of the flub into muscle but it's going very well so far and I only work out 3 times a week.

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: discoabe]
    #3806679 - 02/20/05 12:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

#3806863 - 02/20/05 01:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Moxemerald said:
You can fit places

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

you know, Bruce Lee never weighed more than 140lbs i believe

--------------------

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3806871 - 02/20/05 01:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Moxemerald said:
Yea bro im about 6' and about 130 lbs. I'm really skinny but I dont mind at all. What you gotta do is just get comfortable with it, and it's a blast. You can fit places and run fast and eat all u want.

haha

That's exactly the way I look at it. I'm not really worried about being skinny for life because as time goes on, I'm sure I will gain plenty.
If I need to put on some extra muscle I could always work out more.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
    #3806933 - 02/20/05 02:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I just joined a gym and I'm being shown around by a physical trainer who used to be 6'0 130 lbs. when he was 18. I'm not sure what age he is now (he looks mid 20's), but he's 6'2 250 lbs. (all muscle). There is hope for skinny people like us. :smile:

This is good advice for you.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=79491

This is as well (check links on bottom too).
http://bodybuildingpro.com/bodytypeinformation.html

Btw, I suggest only doing aerobic exercise on your days off from working out.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#3807250 - 02/20/05 03:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you're looking to put on muscle and little to no fat then you'll want to start bodybuilding, which is different from strength training. Muscle size doesn't necessarily correlate to strength nor vice-versa.

When you lift, you want to lift big, preferably with sets in the 6-10 rep range. do the big compound exercies, which are benchpress, deadlift and squats. you'll put on muscle quick from just these three, especially when first starting out, though you may want to incorporate secondary exercises if some of your muscles aren't getting enough stimulation for growth from those alone.

when bodybuilding, diet is just as important if not more so than the lifting part. If you have a fast metabolism (which it sounds like you do) it'll help you but also hurt you. try to count what you're eating on a daily basis. you want to eat at least 1.5 to 2 grams of protein for every pound of bodyweight. you also need to get plenty of carbs and fat too, but get your carbs and fat from a healthy source, not junk food. if you're having trouble meeting protein requirements, buy a whey supplement.

the most efficient method of bodybuilding has been found to be cycles of bulking and cutting. first start bulking. eat as much food as you can and lift big in the gym. the point here is to grow the muscles as fast as possible by eating plenty of calories. eventually, even though you weren't trying to, you'll find you added quite some fat along with your muscle. so then you begin a cutting phase. cutting consists of aerobic exercise a few times a week along with reduced intake of calories. the point of course is to burn the excess fat you gained so you can see those ripped muscles underneath. there's no specific time frames for bulking and cutting, just use your own descretion. when you begin to feel uncomfortable with the fat you gained, start cutting; when you're satisfied with the tone of your muscles, you can start bulking again.

And don't worry, you're not at any sort of disadvantage because you're skinny. you think most bodybuilders are just naturally buff? everybody starts out skinny (or fat) at some point before they begin building muscle in a gym.

hope this helps. good luck! you won't be skinny forever.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: Help a skinny bastard out won't ya? [Re: moog]
    #3807606 - 02/20/05 04:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

nice advice.

I'd also like to add that most people don't even need protein supplements. Any decent nutritionist/physician will tell you that the average normal human diet has more than enough protein for working out and building solid mass.

They say more rigorous athletes would need around 3 grams per pound of body mass. But if you notice, most of what you eat has plenty more.

As for working out habits, make sure you stretch ALOT before taking on bulk, especially if you're a new-comer to working out and lifting heavy weights.

Oh, and if you want to change your metabolism, you need to change your eating pattern. Eating less meals, and more bulk in those meals, tends to slow down your metabolism. As increasing the amount of meals and just eating small amounts throughout the day will accelerate your metabolism.

If you just wanna get fat REALLY quickly, just eat a hardy meal every night before going to bed, and don't eat anything when you wake up.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale