Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Secure addiction
    #3803112 - 02/19/05 01:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I know that addiction gives you this feeling of security about the future, you are who you are, and you know that you will be the same (addicted) person tomorrow.But....

Often our habits shape our decisions and choices in life. What we fail to realize is that our habits link us to the past and prevent us from making the most of life's offerings within the present moment.

(taken from:  http://goto.bilkent.edu.tr/gunes/ZEN/koans.htm

Most of the shroomerites are addicted i think. And that makes me wonder of the actual freedom that the psilocybin trip provides. Don't we have strong enough trips to makes us desire a free brain?
Is it something that has to do with the set & setting? The absence of shamanic guidance?

Seriously, i don't think a <<succesfull>> shroomer would have any sort of addiction when i think of what the wonderfull psilocybian trip teaches.

The reason to be high is all over this planet, every day anywhere, the fact that we are alive should be enough to bring us to extacy.Life is a neverending change, and i am starting to fall in love with that. It's a huge trip! :cool:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (02/19/05 02:13 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleadrug

Re: Secure addiction [Re: Sterile]
    #3803127 - 02/19/05 01:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

What's your definition of a "successful shroomer", if you don't mind my asking...

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Re: Secure addiction [Re: adrug]
    #3803162 - 02/19/05 02:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The one who utilizes the psilocybin trip teachings in his sober life.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (02/19/05 02:21 PM)

OfflineUpSwell
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3803692 - 02/19/05 05:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You sound a little lost yourself. You don't sound coherent or disciplined enough to be taking introspective journeys with the help of powerful chemicals.

Maybe you should lay off the chemicals and focus on reality for a while?

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3803723 - 02/19/05 05:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've been kind of seeing what Sterile is saying. I think people become addicted to the tripping mindset. Not tripping neccesarily, but the idea that "tripping frees your brain" and "it teaches you things" and just the whole IDEA of tripping and all it's aspects reaching into your life. People can become attached to that pretty quickly. People tend to think they are constantly changing and learning things and evolving because they eat mushrooms but really I've never seen that much change. There are alot of factors and people tend to just go "MUSHROOMS, PSCHEDELICS, THAT'S WHY THE WORLD IS SHIT IS BECAUSE THE PRESIDENT ISN'T TRIPPING". Which may or may not have vailidity, but it's just the mindset. Tripping doesn't solve everything, let alone much of anything. It's fun and it should be cherished but sometimes it seems a little overdone.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #3803739 - 02/19/05 05:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I love tripping, but havent for 5+ months.... I keep it a special occasion. When the time is right.

I think that trippnig too often (more than once or twice a month regularly) is disrespectful to the mushroom and destroys it's sense of uniqueness. Every trip is different for me. The day I get "that same old feeling" tripping is the day of my last trip.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Secure addiction [Re: freddurgan]
    #3803752 - 02/19/05 05:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

A hammer. It can be used for constructive purposes such as nailing together pieces of wood, tearing down drywall, etc. It can be used for recreational purposes such as beating the hell out of something, breaking glass, etc. Same with mushrooms. It can show and teach you things that are helpful, but only if you use it the right way. It can be a fun release from everyday life. It all depends on how you use it, or how you want to use it. I know some people that just like tripping because they get to see pretty colors, cool morphing stuff, all that good jazz. I know some people that only use mushrooms for spiritual and learning purposes that are offended at the thought of using them strictly for fun. I know some people, like myself, that are in the middle. It's just a drug that makes your brain function a little different, that's all.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: Secure addiction [Re: DNKYD]
    #3803785 - 02/19/05 05:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm addicted to this site :stoned:

... and so are the rest of you! :evil:

--------------------
delta9

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Re: Secure addiction [Re: delta9]
    #3803827 - 02/19/05 05:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Good point  :smile: I think the most dangerous thing in addiction might not be the substance you use, but the frequency of use....

Weed is also a good example. Most of the shroomerites are addicted to weed, and the main problem is that their perception about it, is unable to see the problem in its whole, from a higher point of view.

As stated from a univercity of India, the main problem of weed addicts ,is the loss of memory about the true desire of quitting...
Even if you say you wanna quit one night, you forget all about it with a morning bud.....and then again, and again and so on and so forth....

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

Annos Tek

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3803935 - 02/19/05 06:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think that's true. I just think having a problem with weed is a really hard problem to see because it's so subtle. It doesn't hurt you, you don't OD, you don't freak out, it just slowly grows on you and affects things in small ways frequently until things arent the same anymore.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3803957 - 02/19/05 06:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Like Delta said we are all addicted to this site. You seem to only be applying your addiction idea to mind altering substances. What about food, that is mind altering in that if you don't eat it you go crazy and your body eats itself. You seem to be hung up on distinctions. But I also see where you are coming from, some people do trip way too much. I mean what if you really are burning up hard earned karma that you gained by living a past life as a monk? There is enough in life to put you in complete exctasy, it is the way of the world that doesn't let you experience it, and your own mind IMO.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
    #3803968 - 02/19/05 06:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have to disagree with you there, tripping does solve many things, you just have to let it, and put the teachings to work. If you view tripping as only recreational, odds are that's all you'll get out of it. If you think it's deeper than that, and use it for spiritual/learning experiences, than the odds are you'll get a lot out of it. There are exceptions of course (in both cases), but it seems pretty solid.

--------------------

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

#3803997 - 02/19/05 07:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I don't think that's true. I just think having a problem with weed is a really hard problem to see because it's so subtle. It doesn't hurt you, you don't OD, you don't freak out, it just slowly grows on you and affects things in small ways frequently until things arent the same anymore.

I believe we both agree on frequency here, right?

Don't you agree that most of the problems caused by any addiction are revealed in a progressive manner?

The thing is, which specific issues interfear and cause this progressive situation. Memory could be one of them....

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

Annos Tek

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3804058 - 02/19/05 07:28 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I looks like I got two convo's going here

1.) I do view mushrooms as spiritual, but to me there is too much emphasis as the mushroom/LSD tab as like a "spiritual pill". Eat it and you're spiritual. But that's just not how it works. In my opinion, and hence why this can't ever be resolved but it's fun to talk about anyway, spirituality takes time and people. You need to experience shit for yourself, and you need to absorb other ideas from other people. No matter how much you sit and experience ecstasy and joy from a psychedelic, and renew your belief in God and etc. etc., the next day you aren't tripping and those thoughts are hazy and vague at best. I think (think again) that the only learning that comes from mushrooms is just that you experienced something very abnormal, and just the act of doing something as far away from regular reality as that will affect you in some way. But to the people who say that mushrooms are like some spiritual railgun, and you eat them and are catapulted to the level of some buddhist monk, and then become VERY self-centered, I think that's just not a good way to go.

2.) Yes, frequency is the first part of addiction. And yes, all addictions reveal themselves in a progressive manner, but my thing with pot is that the progressions are SO subtle that you'd never know and you might not ever know. But other people know and these very minutely gained changes manifest themselves very obviously sometimes, hidden from you.

and 3.) yes, the shroomery is the worst addiction I have by far :wink: Not gonna even try to fight that. I'm a shroomeryaholic.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> The Pub