Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Security and Safety

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
getting mail through customs
    #3802876 - 02/19/05 11:48 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

1)I heard when Customs seizes a package from a international order they just send a slip saying that u will not be receiving ur package. Is this true? 2) I heard conflicting reports on if dogs can smell MJ seeds. Does anyone know if they can or can't? 3) How much mail does customs check do they check every single envelop or half or none and just the packages or half the packages. It sounds like that it would be a difficult job checking every single package.
Thank you

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSidiHidi
inactive
Re: getting mail through customs [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3802933 - 02/19/05 12:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Do a search by username Postmaster in this forum. One year date range. Here is one of his posts

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3480043

--------------------
R.I.P. Hunter, you will certainly be missed

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Re: getting mail through customs [Re: SidiHidi]
    #3803204 - 02/19/05 02:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

those packages he is talking about are within the united states not coming in from different countries. Im talking customs how they search packages.

--------------------

OfflineSidiHidi
inactive
    #3803794 - 02/19/05 05:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
R.I.P. Hunter, you will certainly be missed

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Re: getting mail through customs [Re: SidiHidi]
    #3804994 - 02/20/05 12:06 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

parcels= packages what about just a plain envelop? and can dogs smell seeds?

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3805201 - 02/20/05 01:01 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have sent some mail through the USPS from Amsterdam (each package may or may not have contained a qp of weed). I sent 5 packages to 3 places and each package stunk to high heaven. 4 of the packages made it. The 5th was confiscated and I only got a letter.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Re: getting mail through customs [Re: z@z.com]
    #3806124 - 02/20/05 10:19 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

coolness thank you as long as u only get a letter

--------------------

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #3829042 - 02/24/05 08:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

a friend has recieved a letter once, and not recieved anything at all another time(maybe it was caught, maybe someone ripped me off) these 2 times are of about 20.

he has a dea license though, and died 15 years ago

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: getting mail through customs [Re: tak]
    #3829176 - 02/24/05 09:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I would love to have a DEA license, you could pretty much buy anything you want.  Sorry to hear about your friend though :frown:

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: getting mail through customs [Re: theocean06]
    #3832859 - 02/25/05 02:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Send it UPS.

I work at an international hub and we have a drug dog come in like, once a fucking year.

An international plane comes in, and before the pilots can get off or we can unload the shit, a customs officer comes in, walks once through the cargo hold, asks us for a package count, and leaves.

They dont check shit.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: getting mail through customs [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3842874 - 02/27/05 08:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I've heard quite a few times people saying they got a package from UPS with a note saying their goods were damaged, and the "goods" were in fact gone. maybe if you work for UPS then you can clarify if that scenario is plausible. Also, beware of scams...I've also heard of people buying seeds and just getting sent forms from either the USDA, or the department of homeland security...some people will take your money and just mail you these fake forms and blame it on customs or homeland security.

as far as i know, seeds cannot be detected by a dog sniffing, but i could be wrong. hopefully someone in the know can clear that up.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: getting mail through customs [Re: lackobreath]
    #3850222 - 03/01/05 03:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hum, I guess rc's can be sent, but I sure as hell would send it to a po box with a fake id.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

InvisibleLuvWallyWorld
Slack-jawedgawker

Loc: Midwest
Re: getting mail through customs [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3870469 - 03/04/05 11:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Fluxburn said:
hum, I guess rc's can be sent, but I sure as hell would send it to a po box with a fake id.

wow now that's a whole nuther ballpark. For a while you could order that shit online and have it shipped to your door. I'm sure it'll be easy to mail order 2C-I (a grey-legal analogue of 2C-B) again when there's a dem in office.

--------------------

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: getting mail through customs [Re: LuvWallyWorld]
    #3870780 - 03/05/05 12:36 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Whatever, normally the mail is not checked. I ship stuff to international locations and vise versa all the time. The mail never gets checked from what I see. If it is small, like seeds or grams of rc in a business letter sent fast how the hell will they check it? They get so many business documents each day it would be impossible.

Take UPS for instance, they ship so much crap each day and all it is about is getting it there on time. The International Business Community is very affluent and they need their documents ASAP. Sometimes you need a signature ASAP, in writing to the main office. When deals like this go down each and every day in vast numbers, the economy depends on this infrastructure.

It is just like the airplanes, before we had almost 0 regulations. Now it's of the roof since of 9/11, but it just goes to prove my point. Unless a big deal is made of a security issue, it just costs to much to us, the consumer to implement costs.

Why are the damn Airplane 30 years old? Since they cost millions of dollars, it is more efficient to patch the old things up then to replace them. Just like today's systems for air travel, it is ridiculous and has almost 0 security even with the taking your shoes off, it would need a full restructuring to be effective.

To this point, the mail system has absolutely 0 effectiveness in tracking shipments. Remember the Anthrax scare, just goes to prove how ineffective the interstate mail system is. With international packaging, the US government is far more concerned with very large, drug cartel/drug rings shipments that are being tracked by the FBI etc. then a lone package to an individual.

I would love some statistical data on how many large shipments the US actually intercepts, since we have plenty of drugs available everywhere in major US cities and suburbs. I know we prioritize drugs higher the insider trading, which is only prosecuted a few individuals a year to the thousands, if not hundred of thousands of individuals who insider trade every day.

I mean, drug use is rather commonplace. Is it not about as commonplace as an individual lying on their tax return? Every waiter or waitress in the nation lies on their tax return, excluding tips from their earnings. Perhaps a few are honest, but it seems ridiculous that even a small majority of the US drug busts even scratch the surface of how many drugs actually enter the US without even a bat of the eye.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Security and Safety