Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Low dose shr for drawing session
    #3802801 - 02/19/05 10:54 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I know drawing/painting is often recommended as a fun and interesting thing to do while tripping. But how about taking rather low dose (say 0.5 - 1.5g) specifically for a drawing session. Do you think a low dose will be enough to alter perception for quite different drawing/creating experience? Or rather no less than a medium dose  (for a regular trip) should be taken for such reasons?

Do you have any experience with mushrooms and creation/drawing/art dose wise? I`v tried drawing once or twice for a while, but I wasn`t as into drawing as I am now sober, and I want to experiment, especially with colors. Share your experiences and ideas!

Thx, have a nice trip always :smile:

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGluckon
Stranger
Re: Low dose shr for drawing session [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #3802815 - 02/19/05 11:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't draw and have yet to do it while trippin, but, I don't think such a low dose would do much. A dose below 2.0 for me is just a nice body high. When I take low doses like that I'm usually just disappointed that I didn't take more.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: Low dose shr for drawing session [Re: Gluckon]
    #3802836 - 02/19/05 11:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Any amount of psychedelic fiddles with your mental and perceptive filters. I know drawing takes a whole nother direction with even just a couple hits of weed, so yes, I should think a threshold dose of shrooms should give you a new perspective and provide for a very enjoyable mental environment for drawing.

Every mushroom trip I've had, I've enjoyed drawing, but I like drawing sober. :shrug:

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: Low dose shr for drawing session [Re: TinTree]
    #3802960 - 02/19/05 12:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I`m talking about doses I will definitely feel not only physically. After last years high dose trip I` became - as some people here were stating it happens - more sensitive to psilocybins effects and doses I would hardly felt before are definitely psychedelic and meaningful for me now (of course 1g wont send me to hyperspace, but still I see the difference).

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: Low dose shr for drawing session [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #3803307 - 02/19/05 03:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You can't go wrong with 1.5 grams and a plan of action.

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Re: Low dose shr for drawing session [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3803630 - 02/19/05 04:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I disagree. Recently I discovered the joys of drawing on shrooms, and I was on a 15g fresh truffle trip which was every bit as strong as any 3-3.5g mushroom trip I have had... don't know why (the truffs were small but many). Anyway I had the most incredible time, I was drawing and the picture had completed itself before I had even finished making a few lines... just a matter of tracing, hehe. But I don't usually draw and felt so inspired. Didn't finish the pic, but a week later I planned to finish it with another dose of the same strength. It wasn't as strong due to minor tolerance build-up and the truffles were large but few (I don't know if any evidence points to smaller shrooms or truffs being more potent, it might be b.s. but thats my experience so far).

Getting to the point, because the second trip was only 80-90% as strong, even though I was inspired to draw, the visuals and sheer involvement in the picture simply weren't there, and I got bored. Drawing on threshold doses may slightly improve your enthusiasm, but it impairs your ability to make decisions about what to put on the paper, and the coordination loss doesn't help. On higher doses it's so much more than just a drawing, its a living breathing work.

Thats my opinion, I'm not an artist so it does take a lot for me to sit down and enjoy it so much. But if you're tripping anyway why not do a good 30g dose... you won't tripping balls.

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience