Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDJTiest0
Stranger
beginners question
    #3802673 - 02/19/05 08:34 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

im very excited i just started growing but i have to major concers.
first of all i was sterile with everything and used gloves, but ther verm i got from homedepo was the only kind i could find. (very fine grade). and my substrate came out like mud. do you think it like loses the excess water in the pressure cooker, and can the myc grow in mud, i heard it needs to be able to breath through the substrate and it cant be like mud? Ya and last of all i didnt have time to wait 5hr after pressure cooking. i only waited like almost an hour, and i put the glass jars almsot halfway in cool water to speed the process. do you think the heat killed my spores?? im really sad right now, i was so cautious to be sterile, but i didnt have much time to do it all. someone plz give me advice so i can save my little ones.

DJTiest0

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBrotherJohn
Man Behind the Harmonica
Male
Loc: Somewhere I Have Always B...
Re: beginners question [Re: DJTiest0]
    #3802683 - 02/19/05 08:39 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

not only could the heat have killed the spores,but also you are lucky your jars didnt crack.As far as the substrate goes,you apperantly arent following the recipe because i have used fine verm myself and never made mud.after all it is only suppose to be wet to "field capacity",meaning if you pinch some between yuor fingers,water should barley drop out.yours sounds way to wet and with the whole combo of things you did wrong i dont see much hope for success.you never know.....but i would start over and this time follow directions,after all the PF mehod is as easy as pie,and it is a tried and true method,if there were additional shhortcuts you could take,they would be part of the tek..folllow it to the letter next time and youll be glad you did.

--------------------
-I Lied and Told Her I Loved Her...She Didn't Care,But Anyway.......

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: beginners question [Re: DJTiest0]
    #3802691 - 02/19/05 08:44 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

I'm not real sure what you did, but it is clear that is messed up.
Now, if you wanna grow, start over, clean everything up, sterilize, wipe everything down with alcohol.
Start with the pf tek and follow it as closely and prcisely as you can, you will most likely not fail :wink:

GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation