Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroom_newbie_ca
Stranger
First time Shroom use, how much to do?
    #3777252 - 02/14/05 02:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem. My friend and I are considering doing some shrooms at some point soon. We've both heard all kinds of different things about them as far as how much to do. I've heard that to get an intense, visual trip you need 1 gram but I've also heard 3 and people on this board have been suggesting they do 5 - 6 grams. Both my friend and I are interested in getting to a state where it's not a mild buzz like pot, or a relaxed feeling, but a *controlled* hallucenation experience. I realize that shrooms like weed probably vary in their strength but for two first timers what would be a general guideline for dosage to achieve the effects described above and what should I look out for in shrooms when buying them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: First time Shroom use, how much to do? [Re: Shroom_newbie_ca]
    #3777279 - 02/14/05 02:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

welcome to the shroomery
between 1.5-2g dried shrooms is perfect for a first time :thumbup:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml
you can find pics of dried shrooms etc here

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Re: First time Shroom use, how much to do? [Re: stefan]
    #3778212 - 02/14/05 10:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Set and setting are very important with shrooms. You could trip very hard on 1 gram in a forest listening to music, or not hard at all on 2 grams watching TV in a friend's basement with his mom upstairs.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3778267 - 02/14/05 10:44 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Pinball makes a good point. Hanggliding on 2 grams might feel like 4 or 5 grams. I think you'll find that the overall concensus is that (about) 3.5 grams is a strong dose, 1.5 grams is a light dose, and 2.5 grams is a moderate dose. That's just a rough average. Some people need more, and some people need less. I would recommend taking 2-2.5 grams.

OfflineSynapticMisfire
Stranger

Re: First time Shroom use, how much to do? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3778358 - 02/14/05 11:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, since there is no way to determine their potency and your sensitivity to psilocybin, I would suggest eating 1/2 an 8th(roughly 1.772 dried grams). However, I've also heard that it's better to dive in than it is to wade in shallow waters...Your first trip is usually the most profound and important experience also so It's really up to you. In some rare cases, there are people so sensitive that 1 gram of dried cubes is enough to propel them into level 4/5(as much as I hate using the scale). Just remember, if you don't take enough, you can always consume more, but if you eat an 8th and find out you are hypersensitive to psilocybin, you can't untake(yes I know it's not a word)your dosage. It's entirely up to you.

--------------------

OfflineAztec
DilatedHallucinator
 User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom with the caterpi...
Re: First time Shroom use, how much to do? [Re: SynapticMisfire]
    #3778412 - 02/14/05 11:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You wont be able to find that controlled trip you want because who knows what kind of fungi you might get! Could cubensis or some of the way more potent shit like Cynascens. If you get cubensis I advise around 2-3 grams for a good first trip. Ask your dealer what kind he's giving and ask him how are they. Then based off that make a decision whats best for you and your friend. Most shrooms smell weird or like cow shit and you can see dark coloration on stems. Also stems and caps contain equal amounts of the main chemical that makes you trip. Size only matters. Check out the image galleries like stefan has posted and educate yourself real good with info provide here at shroomery...I myself wished I would have just consumed the whole 8th (3.5 grams) I got for my first trip with cubensis...hope any of this helps peace

--------------------
"You know the wisdom is reflected the knowledge when its manifested, If not fed in due time the mind is anorexic." - Cormega

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3779238 - 02/14/05 03:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I recommend anything between 1-2g. On my first time i had 1g and combined with some hash it was enough to provide a very nice trippy evening.

You have all the time in the world. Just start low and work your way up.

Anonymous

Re: First time Shroom use, how much to do? [Re: esin]
    #3780152 - 02/14/05 06:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

2g's dude :thumbup: :heart:

im tellin ya... :cool:

OfflineShroom_newbie_ca
Stranger
Re: First time Shroom use, how much to do? [Re: ]
    #3802426 - 02/19/05 02:31 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

My friend and I did the shrooms last night. I did about 3.5 grams dry. He did 2.5 or 3. It was an intense experience. Definetely gave me a new perspective on things. It gives you a new appreciation for everything... tactile senses, colour, a panoply of other things all simple but life related. I spent 5 minutes just to feel the texture of the haitian flute. Sure.. I also laughed a lot (A LOT) and tripped out, but before and after that there was a lot of contemplation. It was like seeing everything again for the first time. The world is pretty overwhelming..

I understand what people say about shrooms being guides. While I wont say I met God or anything as I think it's a bit much to draw god out of drugs, I did feel a "God like presence" I assume it's likely some part of the inner psyche that often goes unnoticed. A superego of some sort, perhaps the part that gives a person a sense of judgement. Hence the judge-like God presence.

I'd rate the experience 11 / 10 and reccomend it to anyone. (P.S.) for anyone in the position I was at the begining of this post... We ate 3.5 dried shrooms, somewhat older shrooms, both on mostly empty stomachs, mixed with no weed or alcohol (though we had both smoked much earlier today). It took 15 minutes to feel initial effects. He got a bit sick I got light headed. By 35 minutes we were both in lala land. About 2.5 hours after eating the shrooms we had both come down to base. It was pretty weird, we were insanely high then all of a sudden it just stopped right sudden. We both experienced exactly that. Good luck to anyone!

OfflineOzzyGod
Stranger
    #5000380 - 11/30/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

id take an eighth. Expeirience what there is to experience.

asjidutudgh

OfflineMcdoopy
Fungus Face
 User Gallery

Loc: Varrok Center
Re: First time Shroom use, how much to do? [Re: OzzyGod]
    #5000499 - 11/30/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

2g

OfflineBootscraper
Yeah Dude!!!

Loc: Rocky Mountains of Colora...
Re: First time Shroom use, how much to do? [Re: Mcdoopy]
    #5003012 - 12/01/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I have the same question- I am going to take half an eighth- Is that too much?

--------------------
***TIME IS NOT WASTED WHEN YOUR WASTED IN TIME

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom