Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams
Loc: USA
grains and birdseed..
    #3802281 - 02/19/05 12:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hello i have been growing brf 1/2 pint pf cakes for about 9 months now and i have been pretty successful but just need bigger yields. i was wondering what kind of grains and what kind of wbs are best and where i can purchase them? you soak the grains or birdseed for 24 hours to germinate contam spores, then put in jars and pressure cook correct? also do you still put verm in with the grains or seed, and put dry verm in the top of the jar like brf cakes? thank you, everyone has been a big help for me over the last nine months and i never would have been able to get this far without you all.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: grains and birdseed.. [Re: SamhainJ]
    #3802316 - 02/19/05 01:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

read the teks my friend..
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/26016

personally i prefer WBS

OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams
Loc: USA
Re: grains and birdseed.. [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3802320 - 02/19/05 01:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ok. does it matter what kind of see, or is any brand better than another. i thought i heard mixes with sunflower are bad, is this true?

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: grains and birdseed.. [Re: SamhainJ]
    #3802328 - 02/19/05 01:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

read this post on WBS.

Types of WBS

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: grains and birdseed.. [Re: Roadkill]
    #3802509 - 02/19/05 03:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You all? Must be a northerner :smirk:

Hmmm, Yields shouldnt really be why you'd switch over to grains. They do make somewhat bigger fruits and better 2nd and 3rd flushes..Did you do cakes w/ pf cakes and what'd you use? Maybe if you critique your methods you may yield more with pf cakes. Maybe you could apply that to grains and dung and increase knowledge as well....Hm, well Good luck, grains are a whole new chapter :thumbup:

EDIT:

Most people start using grains b/c
-never used it b4 and jus want to try it out
-faster colonization, i.e, less waiting and patience required between grows
-and lastly, yields/nutes.

Just my .o2, Gl :smile:

OfflineHerbin_Legend
Stranger
Re: grains and birdseed.. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3802565 - 02/19/05 03:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, I gotta give a HUGE shout out to Roadkill for his most excellent Horse Poo Tek (further reffered to as HPT). Second, to answer your question, any sort of mixed wild bird seed will suffice. I've switched my brands around with little noticeable difference. But, to truly get the huge flushes you see on this site, You've GOT to use Roadkill's HPT. You've already done the hard part of learning with PF cakes, now it's time to graduate on to bigger and better things. A friend of mine used the HPT and increased his yields as compared to an aquarium full of cakes by 2000%, EASILY. First flush? 35 grams dry. As soon as he motivates me to make 50 posts, I'll post his completed grow log using the HPT. It's really amazing, and I can't imagine using anything else. Horse Poo is easily obtained by calling local stables and asking if you can use their manure for a "biology" project. Trust me, it works.

--------------------
"nothing is fool proof for fools are ingenious and will find a way" - Prisoner #1

OfflineHerbin_Legend
Stranger
Re: grains and birdseed.. [Re: Herbin_Legend]
    #3802567 - 02/19/05 03:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

BTW, You can play with your personal formula, but leaving the WBS without verm is fine.

--------------------
"nothing is fool proof for fools are ingenious and will find a way" - Prisoner #1

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: grains and birdseed.. [Re: Herbin_Legend]
    #3803207 - 02/19/05 12:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Personally I hate WBS. It works ok I guess, but it's a pain in the ass to get ready compared to popcorn.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Offlinepizzle3k
Midwest Mushin!
Male

Re: grains and birdseed.. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3806310 - 02/20/05 10:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i gave up on popcorn..in my experiences if it isnt colnized within 9 days,it contams..dont kno why but in my experiences it has..i have now switched to WBS ,and am waiting to check my incubator in a few days..i have also heard of rumors that grains make better potency,any one actually have proof of this???

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom