Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Childhood Wonder [Re: Swami]
    #3808986 - 02/20/05 10:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This may be too personal a question (the Experience has NEVER left me), but, have you ever taken a sizable dosage of psychedelics, looked up at the sky, and witnessed those silvery-bluish kaleidoscopic 'wheels'? ("Gears?" he said, and I nodded "Yes.") I first saw them in June 1971 on 200 Heavenly Blue Morning Glory seeds with my friend Kenny. A year later, July 1, 1972, he accompanied me on my first Windowpane LSD trip. My dog Blackie shivered when we entered my parents' house, and Kenny was surrounded by a two-level aura - light blue and pink, and when he spoke, the same color light blue 'vapor' emerged from his mouth. Transparent pentagrams and other magical symbols appeared on the aqua-colored carpeting in my room, and they rose up on equally transparent pedestals of each shape. Every time I said the pronoun 'I,' I felt psychophysical 'pain,' as I became acutely and painfully aware of my egoity.

Those trips, and a few notable other early trips, 'imprinted' the notion of 'novelty.' On my 3rd or 4th trip on 'green Christmastree barrel acid,' before I new much about the Bible, the words which turned out to be Revelations 21:5 came into my mind: "Behold, I make all things new," as my friends and I approached the Interfaith Chapel at our college.

These moments have continued to inform me from their apparently timeless position in the unconscious wherein they have become suspended. I wonder if a hypnosis session or three might not free up your equivalent Experiences and allow them to continue to inform your present perceptions.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Childhood Wonder [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3809011 - 02/20/05 11:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

morning glory seeds in the early seventies? i did'nt even now they wee known to be psychoactive back than.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Childhood Wonder [Re: JCoke]
    #3809167 - 02/20/05 11:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
morning glory seeds in the early seventies? i did'nt even now they wee known to be psychoactive back than.

~~~
in aldous huxley's final novel _island_ the doctor (mcphail) is reading an article on the discovery of hallucinogenic compounds in morning glory seeds (of course, the folks on the island of pala are into meditating, tantric sex, mountainclimbing, and miksha-medicine (magic mushrooms!) - & this novel published back in 1962...)

~~~

in his small book _insight outlook_ dr albert hofmann says that a mystical magical moment in nature as a youth drove him to a career in chemistry (& thus to invent/discover LSD)...

~~~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Childhood Wonder [Re: JCoke]
    #3809272 - 02/21/05 12:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, the whole genome changed in 30 years! :rolleyes: Where do you think this knowledge came form? The Aztecs used them or a related species thousands of years ago.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Childhood Wonder [Re: Swami]
    #3810617 - 02/21/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Yeah, the whole genome changed in 30 years! :rolleyes: Where do you think this knowledge came form? The Aztecs used them or a related species thousands of years ago.

let me rephrase that than, I did'nt know they were popular in society in the early seventies.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

InvisibleGRTUD
INFP
Male

Loc: United States
Re: Childhood Wonder [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3810659 - 02/21/05 11:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, like Superman being killed by a building falling on him! What a crock! Superman was stronger than a locomotive, he could jump tall buildings with a single bound (as opposed to several bounds), he was faster than a speeding bullet! How could a building kill him? And no one ever investigated his death...because it was a conspiracy! There had to be some super concentrated kriptonite in that building...

--------------------
"New shit has come to light..."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies