Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
The Interview With Jenny * 1
    #3800268 - 02/18/05 09:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I found this posted at another message board, enjoyed it and thought to share it here.

THE INTERVIEW WITH JENNY

I dreamed I had an interview with Jenny.

"So you would like to interview me?" Jenny asked.

"If you have the time" I said.

Jenny smiled. "My time is eternity."
"What questions do you have in mind for me?"

"What surprises you most about humankind?"

Jenny answered...
"That they get bored with childhood,
they rush to grow up, and then
long to be children again."

"That they lose their health to make money...
and then lose their money to restore their health."

"That by thinking anxiously about the future,
they forget the present,
such that they live in neither
the present nor the future."

"That they live as if they will never die,
and die as though they had never lived."

Jenny's hand took mine
and we were silent for a while.

And then I asked...
"As a parent, what are some of life?s lessons
you want your children to learn?"

"To learn they cannot make anyone
love them. All they can do
is let themselves be loved."

"To learn that it is not good
to compare themselves to others."

"To learn to forgive
by practicing forgiveness."

"To learn that it only takes a few seconds
to open profound wounds in those they love,
and it can take many years to heal them."

"To learn that a rich person
is not one who has the most,
but is one who needs the least."

"To learn that there are people
who love them dearly,
but simply have not yet learned
how to express or show their feelings."

"To learn that two people can
look at the same thing
and see it differently."

"To learn that it is not enough that they
forgive one another, but they must also forgive themselves."

"Thank you for your time," I said humbly.

"Is there anything else
you would like your children to know?"

Jenny smiled and said,
"Just know that I am here... always."

~ author unknown ~

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (02/19/05 12:51 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: The Interview With God [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3801732 - 02/19/05 01:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I read it and enjoyed it too....  :smile:  It seems to fit my peaceful "mood" tonight, not looking to find conflict or debate....  Sometimes simple words of wisdom are just overlooked because of their "tag"....    Sad how that simple meaning somehow gets lost sometimes in the endless side tangents and arguements, to what...?  Proove a point....    What is the point of prooving the point, when the simple essence gets so far lost under a heap of "pounding" perspectives and perceptions....?

I was very much "humbled" today by somone I had found difference with....  Humbling as he painted a beautiful vision of his spirituallity for me to "see", his throat exposed for me to slice....  This person shared with me what he believes in, not forcing, but sharing the very colors of a vision....    With me, a person that found "difference" within ideas or understanding....  This indifference was meant to seperate us for sure if either of us was to let it "become", but that is NOT what I seek, nor apparently the person I had found "difference" with....  And once our true intensions were exposed to each other, that is when the meaning came into the picture....  The open sharing of ideas or visions for simply what they are....  No outwitting, just enjoying the "view" and appreciating the fact that I might not have otherwise experienced this at all....  and I had nothing to share in return....  :frown:

The strange part of life in it's ironic twists, I would have prolly~ never seen this very personal "picture" had we not had our differences in the first place.... 

Sometimes, Simplicity is nice, simply put....  Take the words for what they are, and just soak them up....  It is very hard to do, I must admit, even for me....

Maybe I will just stay here tonight....  :smile:  In peace....   

This thread will most likely sink like an anchor unread in a turbulence of debate over beliefs and non-beliefs of "Spirituallity"....  And I am fine with that tonight....  I feel that I have seen what I needed to see, and I have already been humbled by it....    Why would the topic of "The Interview With God" mean anything to people caught up in debating and debunking "Spirituallity"....?    Well, I found meaning in it, Wisdom even - wisdom in it's simplicity....  WEATHER I BELIEVE IN GOD OR NOT, the words still have meaning....  And along with the other treasures of the day, I am content to ride this boat peacefully to it's "grave" with God, the interviewer, GittinJiggyWithit, the painted vision of a "stranger" that I once had difference with, and myself - free of conflict, judgement, and critisisms....

Muchly~ humbled....    This place could not be pried from me with a crowbar....  :smile:

(Please don't hit me with the crowbar...!  :smirk: )

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Interview With God [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3801837 - 02/19/05 01:43 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That was beautiful and inspiring. You are becoming one of my favorite creative writers here! :wink: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3801920 - 02/19/05 01:54 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't believe in a God being separate from myself

If your definition of God includes the popular one of being omnipotent and omiscient and you are one with that, then by extension you are also omnipotent and omniscient; yet I would contend that you are neither.

(This is the long-winded way of saying "That's ...."  :wink:)

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: The Interview With God [Re: Swami]
    #3802285 - 02/19/05 02:58 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Definition shmefinifin....  :shake:    I just got home from a week at work, and I ain't wastin time lookin up definitions for you...!!!??  Not here....    :noway: 

Did you come in here for a hug...?  :smirk:

Swami Swami Swami....  You have asked a lot of questions here....  In this thread, I wanna~ ask....    :yesnod:

Out of all the questions you have asked,

1) Do you ever remember any of them...?  (Ha, ok, just kiddin :wink: )

2) What have you gathered by asking all of these questions...?  You are seeking info (that is pretty clear :wink: ), you are an intelligent person, so I ask....  What are you asking for...?    Why so many questions...?    Over and over and over and over....    You are taking a lot of "time" in general for all of this, what does it all mean...?

What was your favorite answer....?

How long have you ben able to "string one"...?  :wink:  (right JAB there...!) 

What is the longest you gone at a time asking questions nonstop....?

You have GOT to have some cool shyt memorized up to talk about....!

You don't have to answer..... 

But, you should.....

Now, you should extend your hand for a hand shake like a man....  It has been offered here by myself....

:smile:

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: The Interview With God [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3802392 - 02/19/05 04:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That entire interview is evidence the god it describes is not omniscient and thus not omnipotent. Hardly a god.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: The Interview With God [Re: cb9fl]
    #3802674 - 02/19/05 08:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you die without believing in monotheism, you burn in hell.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: The Interview With God [Re: slaphappy]
    #3802975 - 02/19/05 12:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

slaphappy said:
If you die without believing in monotheism, you burn in hell.

it's "do not have any other God's BEFORE me", the early jews are suspected to believed in many God's, from the sorounding people, but than God seperated them, he made it clear he is the only real God.

you don't go to hell for not knowing something.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3802979 - 02/19/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

How did the thoughts in the interview turn into a discussion about God's existence? This board can't get enough of that it seems. I should've edited that bit and changed it to an interview with jenny.

I personally don't care if those replies in the interview were written by a mole and taken from the back of a cookie box, they were good. 

Swami, at least you said "if" this time and just didn't assume my beliefs, thank you. I have no definitions for the source of all manifestation in the universe and beyond.

No one can verify the Big Bang and what started it. I simply don't know. What are we down to now quarks. Where do quarks come from? Do you know swami? Where ever they come from, what does that come from and where did that come from and on and on and on it goes I don't know. I do know as science develops it will keep explaining everything.

In the mean time, I leave myself open to discus all theories thrown out there, wacky ones are the most fun, and can relate to quite a wide potpourri of people at different levels of understanding just by my experiences alone without having to hold on to or maintain beliefs. All I personally have are experiences I can and can't explain.

I agree with you cb9fl, a human wrote those observations and gave credit to someone named God, hardly an omnipresent omnipotent being a human is as far as abilities and awareness goes.

Slaphappy, why are your terrorizing cb9fl with threats?

S&P is nuts, I love this place! May the almighty Quark bless it! :goombah:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: The Interview With God *DELETED* [Re: cb9fl]
    #3802983 - 02/19/05 12:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by JCoke

Reason for deletion: lies

--------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Edited by JCoke (02/19/05 12:58 PM)

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: The Interview With God [Re: JCoke]
    #3803036 - 02/19/05 01:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

Jenny = God still, you believe her words just as if it was God's, therefore, to you, she is God...does'nt change a thing to me.

phantomcat, as for as swami goes, I suspect he actully several people here at the shroomery, having conversations with himself out of boredom, swami = gettinjiggywithit, there one and the same.

hell, I bet you are swami too, phantomcat, if that is your real name!

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3803058 - 02/19/05 01:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I changed it to jenny so readers would better be able to appreciate the observations without getting caught up in the validity of the source before they can appreciate and enjoy them or not.

Silly huh?

Who is this being called God JC Coke? Know this about me, I think the God in the Bible is a collective of ETs. If you have need to pin me to a category of beliefs, I fall into the cosmic consciousness sort which finds modern religion to be of a very very primitive design holding the evolution of human kind back because religions are set in stone and allow no room for growth.

Cosmic consciousness just keeps experiential expanding in self knowing.

I know, love and appreciate many religious God fearing people just the same. We all laugh and cry and bleed when cut and have much in the human experience to relate to eachother with, beleifs aside.  :wink: :heart: :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

#3803090 - 02/19/05 01:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I changed it to jenny so readers would better be able to appreciate the observations without getting caught up in the validity of the source before they can appreciate and enjoy them or not.

Silly huh?

Who is this being called God JC Coke? Know this about me, I think the God in the Bible is a collective of ETs. If you have need to pin me to a category of beliefs, I fall into the cosmic consciousness sort which finds modern religion to be of a very very primitive design holding the evolution of human kind back because religions are set in stone and allow no room for growth.

Cosmic consciousness just keeps experiential expanding in self knowing.

I know, love and appreciate many religious God fearing people just the same. We all laugh and cry and bleed when cut and have much in the human experience to relate to eachother with, beleifs aside.  :wink: :heart: :thumbup:

I dont mind you changing it to jenny, it's not silly at all, imo.

all and all, the bible adds up to only two rules, 1, love the lord your God, 2, love your neighbor as yourself, by doing these two, you fulfill everything in the Bible, everything "God" wants out of you.

if you want self, and you want life to be that, it will happen, God will give it to you.  :thumbup:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3803126 - 02/19/05 01:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:

Jenny = God still, you believe her words just as if it was God's, therefore, to you, she is God...does'nt change a thing to me.

phantomcat, as for as swami goes, I suspect he actully several people here at the shroomery, having conversations with himself out of boredom, swami = gettinjiggywithit, there one and the same.

hell, I bet you are swami too, phantomcat, if that is your real name!

hahahahahahaha

swami=jiggy=tomcat 

If you are ever in tampa Fl, send me a PM first. You can come visit.

As for swami and TomCat ????????????????????? people here have met swami in person and confirm he's a male in his late 40s.

Hey Tomcat, how do we verify your separate existance from me and swam?

Anyone here who lives in Tampa can come verify me from being anyone else they have met. Sclorch has met swam so he can rule the two of us out being the same easily because he lives in my town.  Just waiting to hear back from TomCat in PMs. I asked him where he lived before you posted this. Someone here at the shroomery has to live near him.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (02/19/05 03:06 PM)

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
    #3803321 - 02/19/05 03:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not terrorizing anything. I'm stating a religious belief, clean and simple.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Interview With God [Re: slaphappy]
    #3803378 - 02/19/05 03:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Those are some pretty terrorsing and threatening religious beleifs there.

So why are the Christians bitchen bout the Muslim terrorists making threats when they are voluntarily held hostage under terrorists threats by their own religion? :confused:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3803382 - 02/19/05 03:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
....all and all, the bible adds up to only two rules, 1, love the lord your God, 2, love your neighbor as yourself, by doing these two, you fulfill everything in the Bible, everything "God" wants out of you......

Well said.

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
    #3803460 - 02/19/05 04:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"So why are the Christians bitchen bout the Muslim terrorists making threats when they are voluntarily held hostage under terrorists threats by their own religion?"

Hahaha! Well said jiggy  :thumbup:

Great post, Jenny  :heart: :grin:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3803867 - 02/19/05 06:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone here who lives in Tampa can come verify me

I would love to :heart: - no wait, you are happily married... :frown:

*Swami downs a fifth of JD and goes out hunting for some hottie. He tests out his new line in a dead-pan Jack Webb voice:* "Excuse me ma'am..." *flashes badge*..."but you certainly need to be verified."

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: The Interview With God [Re: Swami]
    #3803869 - 02/19/05 06:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

>^;;^<

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology