Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePSYTECKIE
EnthnobotanicalEnthusiast
Cake Eating a no-go
    #3788339 - 02/16/05 07:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I decided to try to make some cake tea after reading the experience of some others who tried it in the cultivation thread. I have never tripped before so I used 2 half pint cakes. I brought 1 cup of water to just below a simmering boil on the stove and crumbled the cakes into the water with 2 crushed 500mg vitamin C tablets added. I let that boil for 3-4 minutes and strained all the gunk out with a doubled over peice of pantyhose. I let the brew sit overnight in the fridge and poured off all but the thin layer of sludge in the bottom into a glass of grape juice. The results:  :sad: absolutely nothing!! I dont know if I didn't use enough cakes or if I should leave the cakes in the water longer. I am going to try again this weekend with some more cakes that seem to refuse to pin. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to make this work??

--------------------
The great business of man is to improve his mind, and govern his manners: all other projects and pursuits, whether in our power to compass or not, are only amusements. -PLINY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Cake Eating a no-go [Re: PSYTECKIE]
    #3788399 - 02/16/05 07:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

look up "cold shocking"
also realize that the optimum conditions for mycelium growth aren't the same for pinning, you need to reduce the temps once the cake it fully colonized to initiate the pinning, and remember to expose them to light too.

I've tried eating cakes too and it didn't work for me either, I think the cakes have to be fully colonized (on the outside and all the way into the core, usually a week or so after it looks fully colonized externally)

I'm really mad now that I wasted my cakes trying to make this tea, don't bother with it!

--------------------
]

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #3788519 - 02/16/05 09:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

With uncolonized cakes i made a tea using 4 and i got the most minimal effects.

With spent cakes ive used 2 had a good effects. Eating/drinking cakes is gross tho. Just wait the extra week longer for mushies to grow.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinePSYTECKIE
Re: Cake Eating a no-go [Re: baraka]
    #3788593 - 02/16/05 09:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've been waiting on these cakes to pin for almost 10 weeks now. I cold shocked and dunked one of them 7 weeks ago with no results as of yet. I did notice that the cakes were really dry inside when I split them open. They were fully colonized and the mycelium looked very healthy throughout the middle of the cake. I have 5 other jars that were only halfway colonized after 4 months in the TIT @ 86 degrees. I am going to start a new grow soon with a new syringe, but I thought maybe I could salvage these cakes for something. You guys think I should just dump all the colonized portions that I have into a big pot and see if that does anything??

--------------------
The great business of man is to improve his mind, and govern his manners: all other projects and pursuits, whether in our power to compass or not, are only amusements. -PLINY

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3788839 - 02/16/05 10:49 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

My cake tea sucked. We had many , many cakes too.

We used way more than four cakes per person. You should use all the spare cakes you have if you are trying to trip from it. You should really just wait until you find some shrooms.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Edited by mecreateme (02/16/05 01:15 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Cake Eating a no-go *DELETED* [Re: mecreateme]
    #3788855 - 02/16/05 10:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by PsiloPsychic

Reason for deletion: .

OfflinePSYTECKIE
Re: Cake Eating a no-go [Re: ]
    #3790614 - 02/16/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'll give it a try this weekend and see what happens. Just for shits and giggles I am dunking 2 more cakes and placing them in the fruiting chamber. If those don't pin, then I am going to order a new syringe and start over. I think I got some really weak genetics.  :sad: Thanks for the tips guys, if anything happens this weekend with the brew I'll post it here. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

#3790793 - 02/16/05 06:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

doesnt heat destroy psilocybin?

never understood how people would say smoking would destroy the active ingrediants, yet boiling in tea works.... hmm

--------------------

Edited by SHiZNO (02/16/05 06:16 PM)

Offlinejc_illenium
undesirable
Loc: earth
Re: Cake Eating a no-go [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3790946 - 02/16/05 06:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i ate a third a pint of malabar and was talking to the tree outside my basement window.

--------------------
on my knees and burnin
my piss and moans the fuel that
set my head on fire
smell my soul its burnin

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3793205 - 02/17/05 11:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes.
Smoking is for fools, unless you like lung infections. That is what pulling fungus powder in your lungs may do to you. Plus things that burn in a pipe get very hot.

The way I make tea is to let the hot water sit for a little while and then put the shrooms in, that way nothing is destroyed in the heat. As I understand it, a little heat helps with extraction.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

OfflinePSYTECKIE
Re: Cake Eating a no-go [Re: mecreateme]
    #3794844 - 02/17/05 07:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I figured I would heat up a pot of water with the coffee pot, pour out about half and then soak the crumbled cakes in there for 10-15 minutes. It may be a large glass of tea to drink but the taste was negligible when masked with grape juice. I am trying one more time to get my cakes to fruit. I have dunked one for 24 horus and placed it back in the chamber and am soaking the other one for 36 hours and then palcing it in the chamber. I am going to spray in the chamber twice a day and see if I can get these guys to fruit. Any of you ever had full colonization of your cakes but cannot get them to fruit? I am interested to see what the problems were.

--------------------

OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams
Loc: USA
    #3796105 - 02/17/05 10:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i told my friend about this and he tried it with 7 cakes that had already fruited but were not spent. he drank the disgusting liquid but did not trip, just got pissed off at me for telling him to try it.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3797559 - 02/18/05 08:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have tried it twice and never had anything from it. The spent cakes gave me the slightest little bit of onset, but never anything more than a hint. The fresh cakes didn't even give me that.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: Cake Eating a no-go [Re: Seuss]
    #3797653 - 02/18/05 09:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I think that eating cakes might be a lie but they are colonized with mycelium so I would think it would do something. Maybe only when the mushroom is fruited is the stuff( not sure but I think I read either DMT or DMT like substance), turned into psilocybin and psilocin. Perhaps at the cake stage it is not orally active yet and so the tea made from cakes has little or no effect. Just an idea.

--------------------

OfflinePSYTECKIE
    #3798121 - 02/18/05 11:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

We'll see how it goes this weekend. I'll start a new thread to post my results. Got nothing better to do with those cakes. Hopefully my next grow will be more successful.

--------------------

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

#3799770 - 02/18/05 05:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i remember hearing good things about cranberry juice extractions

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3800131 - 02/18/05 06:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That is what I did. IME it didn't work.

--------------------

OfflineBluemoondreamer
Stranger
    #3802740 - 02/19/05 07:44 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

omg, this is exactly what I do for quick doses. Use whole grain cakes, case, wait for pins, scrape of casing, and eat. Depending on how much of the half pint jar was filled, (1/2 way to almost full jar) the cake goes for almost 2-3 doses. But I dont see whats bad about eating, if there isnt any contams, and shave a layer off so there isnt any soil, whats the big deal? Cakes must be fully colonized, and I find the best age is 4-6 weeks.

Also, I stored some jars for 7 months uncased in a garage. Full quart jars. Never cased, but the mycelia formed huge popcorn size and shape mycelia masses, that was both boiled and eaten for full effects.

All of those in my younger years, were done with PF syringes.

OfflineBluemoondreamer
Stranger
Re: Cake Eating a no-go [Re: Bluemoondreamer]
    #3802743 - 02/19/05 07:49 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ohh but eating always proved to be an sometimes too intense trip.

Very bitter to eat, not the myc, but the rice. I mean way bitter, jug it down with some non carbonated sweet stuff. Beer and coke both made me throw up at the earliest sight of onset, and destroyed the peak.

If your even in a place that this is legal to do, like mentioned above, this was done in my early twenties...

Edited by xodustrance (02/19/05 07:51 AM)

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: Cake Eating a no-go [Re: Bluemoondreamer]
    #3802814 - 02/19/05 09:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I recall reading (Erowid, perhaps?) that at the heat of boiling water, psilocybin/psilocin do indeed degrade, but at a quite slow rate, such that if you boiled it for an hour, you might notice a decreased potency. The few minutes your mushrooms are actually at the boiling point or close to it will not appreciably change the strength of your trip.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds