Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAshroomNewbie
Stranger
Loc: Tennessee, USA
Help in East Tennessee
    #379578 - 08/26/01 09:31 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone out there in SE Tennessee, or North Ga? I've never tripped on shrooms before, but I'd like to try it at least once. I live just north of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Someone told me that cubensis grows wild around here. I'm looking for someone that will patiently introduce me to mushroom hunting in the area. Thanks for your help!

Peace,
Scott

Just Say No to Drugs! I did, but they wouldn't listen!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Help in East Tennessee [Re: AshroomNewbie]
    #379865 - 08/27/01 10:33 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Cubes MIGHT show up from time to time around your area in specific fields, would take lots of hunting to come across them though. I have my doubts about Tennessee cubies, there may be a few up around that way, but they are definately a scarce occurance. Try looking for Pan. subbs in horse and cow pastures, and in rotted hay stacks. I find most of mine around horse stables or feed areas.

--------------------

Invisiblestrang

Re: Help in East Tennessee [Re: Lizard King]
    #379871 - 08/27/01 10:41 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

hey bro i live in northern alabama and have had great success finding cubes in the past... but for the past 3 years or so the season for cubs hasent been existent.. awhile back every rain would yeild lbs. and i mean lbs. of cubes in our fields but i havent found a damn one in 3 years now... i would just look for subs in your area.. there are cubes out there but you will have to time it just right and who knows when that is....good luck though..... if you ever visit huntsville i 'll give ou a couple of fields to visit, i have moved out of town for school....

OfflineAshroomNewbie
Stranger
Loc: Tennessee, USA
Re: Help in East Tennessee [Re: Lizard King]
    #380003 - 08/27/01 02:36 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for your help, but I'm really a newbie to this. Can you please explain what a pan. sub is? Also, are you saying that cubes in Tennessee are not good? Please explain. I hope that you don't think that I'm a pain in the ass for asking what seems like dumb questions.
Thanks,
Scott

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #380353 - 08/27/01 10:17 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

If you find cubes I assure you they'll be good as any, its just that cubensis aren't a typical occurance in your state. I am sure a few grow there from time to time, but not often or abundantly.

Pan. subb is short for Panaeolus subbalteatus. Its another dung dwelling specie thats magic, but prefers horse dung over cow, and will fruit in almost any place(well fertilized yards, compost heaps, rotted hay, gardens.. etc), but are most commonly found in horse stables/riding areas/pastures. They are weakly to moderately potent, and at times can be as potent as cubensis. Do a search with this species name in this forum a few months back and you'll find plenty of pictures of Pan. subbs.

Edited by Lizard King on 08/27/01 11:18 PM.

--------------------

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #380407 - 08/27/01 11:52 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Well some (many) would debate this but I have seen magic 'shrooms in cow pasteres deep in the moutains of south eastern Kentuck near the West Virginia and Tennesee border. Yes they are rare, but there there. So there is no doubt in my mind there are some in Tennesee. Find you a free 'shroom hunting guide link (links from this site, it once was only sold now some are free via the net) and print it up. Once you have an idea what to look for (the golden safe rule is that they should bruise blue when broken) I would suggest going "fishing" around those bad ass Tennesee lakes and rivers this fall. I would bet money they can be found there in wood chips. Be sure and read all you can first so that you dont kill yourself on some posinious fungus, 'kay?

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag