Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

(02-17: UPDATED) Solanaceous series: a multipost dhutra primer: Part one and two
    #3127283 - 09/12/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Solanaceous series: A Multi-Post Dhutra primer: Part One

For the love of metel: Botanical Blood Lust

Well honestly I was going to make this post very long, but I decided to break it up into a series of several posts. It was going to go into great detail about my relationship with the plant but I'm going to save that for another day. Many of you have Private Messaged me and asked about my thoughts, stance, and understanding of this power plant. This series is a response to the many of you who are curious. In the following "essay" i will primarily deal with the propagation of the plant. I did not include much informaiton on taking cuttings though, as I am still working on this. So if anyone has some good advice to share about taking cuttings, specifically from Datura metel, please let me know.

Alright! Lets get busy....

I grow lots of datura metel. Well, I believe I have a lot for a home garden. Around 20 - 30 plants , all outdoors.I gave several of them away already as I believe all deserve to experience the splendor this plant has to share. I bought them as small 1' plants (the ones I started from seed this year didn't make it) and they have all grown to well over 3' some reaching 4-5' in heigth. Its quiet a site to see.

Starting from seed

If you are starting your datura metel from seed I find it best to start them planted in peat pellets, placed in a humidity dome(they usually come with the peat pellets, obtainable at walmart) The use of a heating pad and some germicide will also help increase the success rate. When I started germinating mine with a heating pad they usually always popped up in about one week. Once they the cotyledons seperate from the seed and spread out to form a " T "you can transplant them into 3'' ceramic pots with some loose , well draining potting soil. They will be about an inch high at this time. No longer is the heating pad required. In my experience keeping the heating pad on after the seeds have germinated seem to almost inhibit or stunt their growth.

Transplanting outdoors

Once the plants are about 6''-12'' tall and showing some nice greenery they can be transplanted outdoors. This year, I spaced mine out about 2.5' feet from each other but I now feel that still may not be enough room. It isn't hurting them , its just a little tight. During the first month that they were outdoors (early spring zone 6) I fertilized them with a very weak dilution of 20-20-20 on a daily basis. The amount of fertilizer used was about 1/10th of what was called for. I started this practice based on the advice of a local horticulturalist. After a visit to the botanica and seeing huge 6' metel plants with pods as big as soft balls, I was just dying to know their secret, which turned out to be , unfortunatelly, the use of chemical fertilizer.

Plants facing East/West will produce larger yields.

Now this is where I need your attention comrad's. Today , I stepped outside and noticed something very peculiar. I have about 4 plants along a fence line facing the south (fence is on the north side of the plants.) These plants get some shade from sorrounding tree's but plenty of sun and heat during the day. They recieved an equal amount of care and feeding as the others. The odd thing is that they produced a significantly lower amount of flowers and foliage, were much shorter than the other plants, and seemed to be less resistant to disease. The flowers were not nearly as long and telescoping as its peers and the seed pods were only about the diamater of quarter and produced less seed.

The plants facing east/west (the way the sun rises) did much better. They were facing the west and held up against a fence to which was on their east side. These plants grew to be about 5' tall, produced larger seed pods; some tennis ball size and some larger, produced larger foliage in a vigorous manner and in much more abundance than the latter, as well as being seemingly more disease resistant.

in sickness and in health

I've read countless times in respectful literature that datura metel is very drought resistant. This is not so true in my experience. However, I do believe that the soil used may also play a significant role in its ability to retain water. For the first two months of being in its new outdoor location, my plants require regular daily watering. I find the best time to water is right before it starts to get hot. I generally water each plant for about 45-60 seconds right at the base of the main stem. I do not spray the foliage as to not disturb any new growths or formations (those infant pods can easily be knocked off). I also chose to cover the sorrounding ground with black weed control cloth, which I obtained from a local garden center. This may also help reduce the amount of water evaporated, increase soil temperature as well as serve its primary function, to deter weed developement.

Like I said before, semi-regular use of a weak nutrient dilution tends to really stimulate the plants vigorous nature. Miracle gro or peters 20-20-20 work fine for me. I wouldn't fertilize too much untill the plants are about 2' tall, although weak solutions could be used on younger plants.

I noticed that on many of my plants the leaves were covered with hundreds of small holes. I assumed it was the work of some slimey creature so I had my wife purchase some corn meal from the grocery store . This works very well for keeping them slugs and snails off your plants. All you must do is take the corn meal and make a circle around the base of the plant. This acts as a sort of barrier and prevents the introducers from devouring your precious plants.

I haven't had many other problems with insects. White fly's a few times but that wasn't a big deal. most of the troubles I have are with my Brugmansia's who are very prone to disease.

Growing for the harvest: stop to smell the evil

When you grow datura metel with the intention of harvesting her products you must be able to devote about 10 minutes a day to her. Each morning I walk outside, smell the fresh air, look up into the sky and praise the diet(y/ies) for my existance. Next I travel through my garden doing some quick general maintainance while my drawing closer to my final destination, my line of datura metel plants. Standing proud and tall like soldiers guarding an ethereal kingdom of forbidden knowledge. After smelling the flowers and getting stung on the nose by a friendly bee I begin the task of harvesting/upkeep.

Plant Maintenance: From the ground up.

I carry a brown paper sandwhich bag with me to place my harvest in. A knife will also come in handy later. First, I scan the sorrounding ground for fallen datura leaves , not to confuse it with the dead leaves of my ruby moon hyacinth vine. You will also find many fallen, dried flowers at ground level (during later stages of growth). After picking up all the dead / fallen leaves I walk down the line again observing only the lower portion of the plant. I examine the foliage for any signs of yellowing (which is normal on the lower leaves) or insect infestation. If a leaf is becoming brittle and yellow I will go ahead and break it off with a quick upward snap, careful not to damage the stock/stem and place it in my collection bag.

Next I will rise up a level to the upper part of the plant carefully picking off flowers that have dried and are about to fall off. Its important not to harvest the flowers prematurely as that will inhibit the formation of seed pods. Once a seed pod begins to form it malitously kills its mother, the flower.A seed pod forms where the flower once was. First It will force the flower off the petical by simply growing outward and pushing it so hard it seperates from the stem. This cuts off its supply of nutrients and water, and the flower begins to die/dry as the seed pod watches and chucles a sinister laugh. (Sort of cruel isn't it? But thats just part of life). Take note not to let the dried flowers sit outside too long as I believe the excessive exposure to the elements wind/rain may deplete its power. Tropane are very water soluble, scopolamine is freely soluble in hot water.. and theres just an erie feeling that the wind may cause some sort of oxidation or deterioration. Maybe its just not her element, but she doesn't appreciate too much of it.

Pod harvest: Botanical prostate exam.

You must carefully examine each pod by hand. Squeze them gently between your fingers and admire their plump splendor. Metel pods just sort of fall apart, splitting and tearing in half so that the seeds are released and fall to the ground. Do not pick a pod before it begins to split as many of the seeds will be immature and rendered unviable. This deed upsets her greatly, as nobody enjoys a miscarriage. Unviable seeds are going to be a pale off white color and rather small, while the mature seeds are much darker.

Watching the pods is the most tedious and anxious task in caring for your metel plant but combined with serene trance state function meditation it can prove to be a joy. Every morning and every evening you must go outside and carefully examine the pods. As soon as you see a pod start to split, its time to harvest. If you wait too long, the pod will split open completely and spill all the precious seed on the ground; no fun picking hundreds of seeds out of woodchip mulch. The best way to harvest the pod, that I have found, is to simply take a razor sharp, sterile knife (dont want to introduce disease), and make a quick clean upward slice from the bottom to the top of the peticel axis. Be carefully not to loose any seed during this process. Its best to gently palm the pod and hold the stem between your two middle fingers during this procedure as it prevents any mishaps and lost seed.

Drying process.

Now that you have your splitting pods its time to let the seed carefully dry out. I find it best to simply tear the skin of the pods away and pick the seeds out by hand or with some sort of tool, like a knife or tooth pick. The Pericarp of the pod conceals a nice number of seeds too. This is the wall of the ovary, its in the very center of the pod (i call it the "command station") and is storing a nice suprise of many more viable seeds for you. Don't forget to tear that open and get all the extra seeds. Lay the seeds out on a paper towel, space them apart a bit so they can get some air (try not to stack them), and they should dry nicely within a few days. You can also direct some gentle air flow over the seeds to aid in the drying process, being careful not to use excessive force. Once COMPLETELY dry, I like to store them in very small plastic ziplock bags in groups of 200. I then take these bags and store them in an airtight container in a dark place (i've never tried freezing them. but i have a feeling that could confuse them based on the concepts of stratification.)

Flower Power: Its time to manacure the booty

Now I like to dry my flowers out on a large , long flat surface. The top of my piano and some metel shelf's do the trick for me. I lay them out so that the open end of one flower is next to the "butt" end of the next. Sort of a 69 position on the flowers. Make sure they have a little space between each other as they can get closterphobic(sp). Every few days I rotate the flowers on their opposite side to ensure an even drying process. I have seen small amounts of a white mold growing on the flowers that havent been fully dried, so keep an out for that. After the flowers are dried you can carefully place them in a large cardboard or tupperware box with some desiccant packages in the bottom to help keep out moisture. Be very carefully not to crush them . If they are going to be stored for a long period of time, think about taking them out periodically and rotating their position in the box just to help deter mold and moisture.

The leaves can also be placed in a cardboard box to dry out. I do so while they are still fresh and haven't had any problems at all. Just lay them on top of each other and they tend to dry out on their own with ease. You could seperate layers of them with sheets of paper towels or rotate them regularly if you wish but I have found this unnessessary.

There are also some misc. plant products that you will need to harvest. Once a flower dies and is pushed off the plant , so brutefully, by the seed pod it will still leave, what I call, the bract. Its the cylindrical part of the flower that houses it as it rests on the stem. As the seed pod matures it will tear this apart and it will eventually fall to the ground. I have aquired a nice number of these that I keep in my misc plant material section. You can alo save the pod's skin after you harvest the seed and add that to this misc material. I like my flowers to be just flowers, no adulterated material. same with my seed and leaf harvest, I like my product pure.

After the plant has died, if you do not wish to overwinter, take cuttings or replant the following spring (if possible, I haven't had luck yet...), you can uproot the whole plant. Dig a few feet out and several feet deep, being carefull not to damage any root hairs or creeping roots. Once the plant is uprooted I like to harvest the root Don Juan style (read the damn book). I hang the cut root with twine outside to dry over the fall season and to protect my house from dark magic. Actually, when I first moved away from home and got a house of my own the first thing I did was hang dried datura roots above the front door.. not sure why, just felt the need to.. The main stock of the plant can be fashioned into a sort of magic wand or staff. Break off the branching stems and possibly tie some string and feathers around it , and your ready to tear it up, harry potter style.

An Experiment for the future, maybe?

I have accidentally harvested pods prematurely (truthfully it was more so out of curiousity) , and left them alone for several days and the seeds continued to ripen. Maybe placing it in a shallow dish with some water and a miniscual amount of nutrients will help continue to the process of the seeds rippening. With this method, if needed, it may be possible to harvest several seed pods immaturally and force them to mature indoors artificially. I haven't tested this but it would be a worthy experiment as we could then proceed to observe how various environmental factors and chemical agents alter the process of seed formation in this plant.

Final Words (springer style)

Now, there is so much more I have to say about this plant, and I'm sure many people didn't even read this post because of its length.. but i'm going to try and make a few more posts to finalize this series so that you may understand my relationship with datura. Keep in mind that in this article I only speak of datura metel, and still I left out a great amount of info I wanted to share.. There are many sisters of metel, each one just as special and unique as the rest. Toloache has several roles in mexican/south american folk lore. Metel has many mystical powers tied in with religion that I didn't even get a chance to mention here.... Stramonium was the plant that brought my wife and I together.. to make a long story short I was found tresspassing (I call it forraying) on her several acres of range that just happened to be the home to hundreds of 5' tall stramonium plants. It was love at first site (her and I, not the plant and I) and we have been together ever since... (with the aid of the jaguar spirit we wed into unconscious matrimony. Dissociatively dellusional ever after.)

There is more to come to this datura saga.. stay tuned kids. and feel free to expand on your cultivation techniques and thoughts on this particular variety of datura.

NOTE ON UPDATE 02-17-05
Quote:

Many of you have asked about my experience with ingesting dhatura.. to be honest with you, i have never taken what I consider a large dose and never plan on doing so... I found this write up of mine in my archive(I have hundreds of files I've written that I am working on to someday compile into a book and publish) and think it fits the love of metel essay perfectly. Here we go..

Solanaceous series: A Multi-Post Dhutra primer: Part two

For the love of metel: Femme fatale

femme fa?tale (fm f-tl, -t?l, fm): An alluring, mysterious woman of great seductive charm who leads men into compromising or dangerous situations.
..... now tell me that does not fit the description of Dhutra perfectly!

Datura metel is my temptress, my affiar, my lover and my desire. I have betrayed my wife several times by having many affiars with her. Many of you have PMed me asking why I speak so highly of this plant, yet shoot people down when considering ingesting it.. The harm that she can cause is obvious and any fool knows that they are putting themselves at risk when they dance with her.. The point is, I respect her and I do not consume this plant in recreational nature or even explorative nature. If I asked her to show me other worlds or partake of her to explore other realms, she would surely keep me trapped there to keep her company, since I am so devoted to my queen. I have never had such a close relationship with a plant before , until I met her. She has inspired the deepest most poetic states of mind that I have ever experienced. I have spoke with many people whom have no connection to or understanding of the concepts of entheogens that have consumed this plant simply based on hearsay and local lore. It's known not only amongst those of our subculture but to suburban monkeys and many overprotective parents. Many claim to have eaten a few seeds and nothing happened, while others tell stories of a friend consuming several hundred seeds and preforming the most typical task one does while on datura, running around naked covered in blood. During a conversation with my father-in-law, after a few beers, he admitted to smoking the seeds of this noxious weed that grows in his back yard. He claimed that it was because he has heard of it being used for pain and his back was sore, but he was very transparent and obvious about his true intentions.. This is a prime example of Femme Fatale. He knows not of plant allies and folk healing, only that this plant has caused fatalities and can make you go crazy and he stilled was driven to ingest her..

I will be honest though, on occasion I have indeed consumed this plant. The first time was , like most peoples, in highschool. I had aquired about 60 seeds from Peruvian Journey. PJ was the place that all my lunch money went to, I was infatuated with my new found interest in psychoactive plants and herbs and spent what had to be several hundred days of malnutrition, saving all the money I could aquire, simply to purchase plants with the possibility of finding an allie. I gave an equally curious friend 10 seeds and I myself took 10 seeds. We agreed to take them the following day at school. I carried mine in a small black felt sachet I hung around my neck on a ball chain necklace. In the morning I consumed the 10 seeds. I found chewing them to be pleasurable and picking the pieces out of my teeth for the remainder of the day to be an equally joyfull task. It was honor to have such a bitter taste pestering my tounge. About midway through my school day I started to feel very heavy, nothing too intense, but it was an obvious alteration to my normal state of mind. By the time I got home my sinuses where completely dried out, i had severe cotton mouth and it felt like my head had grown about 2' in diameter. Nothing too profound.. didn't really inspire the need to further question this plants activity, however my studies of this plant and longing to see her in person grew to almost an obsessive nature.

We would go on very long drives through suburban neighborhoods trying to find someone cultivating this plant. One day I felt what was to be my first "Plant Power Pull" (*This is how plants speak and draw me to them). A friend and I where driving home when I suddenly shouted "Turn Here".. He did so even though he had no idea why I would request this... We drove down another street at a very slow speed. Ahah! I started screaming like a school girl when I spotted 5 large full grown flowering Toloache plants growing in a residential front yard. Later that night we drove out there in a truck with two other people and very disrespectfully stole the plants, threw them in a trash bag and drove off fast. I went home, graded and seperated the plant and layed it out over my floor to dry. The next several days were very bizzare and as the energy the plants put off in the room had a profound effect on my consciousness.

There is a large amount of datura stramonium growing on my In-laws land. One year we had harvested several kilo's of leaves, flowers, pods, seeds, and roots. I made many cigarettes containing the dried leaves. I would smoke several cigarettes a night and experience no alteration. Just the smell of the smoke and having it in my presence was an experience worth repeating.

I find Toloache have more of a presence than datura stramonium. I'm not nessessarily saying its more potent as it depends on what part of the plant and how you utilize it that determines potency. Just drying the leaves out in my apartment caused me to feel very strange. I had a very large wooden table that I would dry the leaves out on and the intoxicating aroma it emitted would inspire the most deepest states of relaxation and meditation.

I've often enjoyed making many crafts out of Dhatura. Pendants for necklaces from dried stramonium pods..T he pods are also excellent additions to any floral display. Smudging cones (I did have a post on how to make these but they may have been deleted.. PM if you are curious).. Even cone incense by using powdered Datura metel flowers, Potassium Nitrate and Gum Arabic. Right now i'm working on making a sheet of 1'' x 1''squares(tabs) of Dhutra metel flower incense to be burned in accordance with the changes of the moon, during meditation and of course anytime you plant or harvest your dhutra plants (which SHOULD be in accordance with stages of the moon!) At the end of a season, the night prior to the harvest, I will go outside at 3am-4am with some general tools, usually smoking Nicotiana rustica + Toloache flowers (a VERY potent synergy). I walk through the garden chanting what seems to be like an icaro,sometimes in english and sometimes in the language of plants.. Simply reciting lines that praise the plant and show my appreciation, asking for permission and thanking it for bringing so much joy to me during the season. I assure her that I will respect her and she will be put only in the hands of those who respect her as well. The use of a rattle and drum (which an equally appreciative loved one can play as you sing) and Salvia apiana bundles, Artemisia ludovisiana bundles wrapped in verbascum leaves, tobacco braids and a single metel flower may be burned and smudged over the harvest area. Sometimes I will bury items of value and worth next to the plants as a gift so that I am assured a plentiful harvest below the ground (Those innoxia roots run DEEP). Similiar rituals are performed when sowing the plants as well.. If you have trouble growing her, I recommend evaluating your attitude when you attempt to do so.

Well .. I could go on but I will stop here.. I may add more later, well see. Please share your experiences as well...

--------------------

Edited by Aneglakya (02/18/05 04:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Solanaceous series: a multipost dhutra primer: Part One [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3127790 - 09/12/04 11:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, come on you pussys .. read it. :smile: Its not that long and you may even learn a thing or two.

--------------------

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA Flag
    #3127818 - 09/12/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

nice informative post.  :thumbup:

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #3127823 - 09/12/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Your a nut dude.
I look forward to your explanation, of your relationship with the plant.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3127837 - 09/12/04 11:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hey, cool post! i wanna see whats to come! :wink:
the roots might also be an interesting material to harvest...
as for the pod problem...
why don't you place a bag around the pods and let them mature on the plant? so you can take a little break and watch them crack open inside the bag... =D

FH

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Solanaceous series: a multipost dhutra primer: Part One [Re: felixhigh]
    #3128204 - 09/13/04 01:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I tried that but it was very difficult to position the bags correctly. I used small brown paper sandwhich bags and tied them directly bellow the pods with string and they were thrown about by the wind and forced out of a functional position.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3128574 - 09/13/04 04:55 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

start them planted in peat pellets, placed in a humidity dome. The use of a heating pad and some germicide will also help increase the success rate. When I started germinating mine with a heating pad

Aaaarrggh! You're writing it a bit like a gardener repellant, friend!
You describe precisely the right thing to do but the reading alone will dizzify some.

I had great success by taking styrofoam coffeecups with a draining hole burnt in the bottom (hot knitting pin does 25 pots at once) filled with potting soil thats kept moist. Datura stramonium, Datura metel and Datura inoxia did fine with this method.

MATERIALS:
10 styrofoam coffee cups.
1/2 gal potting soil.
100 Datura seeds.
puncturing instrument.

PROCEDURE:
1..puncture holes in the bottom of the coffee cups.
2..fill them loosely with potting soil until 1/2 inch from the top.
3..put 10 seeds just under the soil in the center of each pot.

4..place pots in windowsill and keep slightly moist, but not wet.
5..germination stage takes about two weeks, sprouting to small plants takes two weeks more.

6..in each pot you will have 5-8 plants. Clip the weaker ones so you end up with ten pots with 1 plant each (a 1:10 genetic selection)
7..plant them in the soil in the half-shade. You can pre-fertilize the soil using a 1:5 dilution of urine. 1 day's urine fertilizes 1 square meter for an entire growing season and does not smell nor burn plants.
8..grow them until the pods burst, this signals harvest time.
9..dry the Dhatura seeds pn a newspaper and put them in properly identified paper envelopes
10..enter the seeds in the Shroomery Ethnobotanical Seeds Thread so you reward your plants spiritually by spreading itsoffspring around the world.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3129658 - 09/13/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i meant... wrap the whole pod in the bag, whether paper or >plastic... perhaps you should tie before the pod! hope it works...
does it exists any relationship with the plant Datura and the surname Dutra? were they a family of traditional poisoners? =D

FH

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #3129898 - 09/13/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I found a good method for taking cuttings recently. Cut into the stem a cm or two with a knife then twist it until it breaks free. With any luck it will look like it was in a lawn mower accident. The distress it causes seems to stimulate rooting. I use tap water with no rooting hormone and using this method I get insane amounts of root usually in under a week.

Flowers and seedpods will continue to grow and mature on cuttings.

When your germinating try not to overwater. Alot of seeds germinate but rot before they even break the surface. Also if your seeds don't germinate  reuse the soil. Recently I had a load of metel seedlings come up in my hbwr plants a full year after I sowed them.

Potted datura can be very prone to fungal infections. When you first move them outdoors keep a close eye on them and move them back in if it rains to much.

If your growing it with the intention to consume it the roots of the young plants are the most desirable and possibly safest part of the plant. It's pretty much pure hyoscyamine. Harvest when the plant is about a foot tall. I'm pretty sure it changes to apoatropine as the plant matures so don't try it with older plants or other species.

Nice work enth.  :thumbup: I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

I've got an old medical paper somewhere listing the different concentrations of alkaloids in different parts of the plant during it's life process/. I'll see if I can dig it up later.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3130913 - 09/13/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Such passion...! I am kinda~ interested in hearing the full story of how you met your wife as well...!

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #3140468 - 09/15/04 07:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

To me the coolest thing about metel (other than its breath taking flowers) is the sent of its flowers. Inoxia is, well an aquired sent to put it lightly. Metel on the other hand smells kind of like honey suckle. Metel is the shit!

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#3141483 - 09/15/04 10:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Awsome Post! :smile:

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Loc: Europe
    #3148579 - 09/17/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

nice!! can't wait for the next episode! :smile: Not many people are so passionate with Datura, I'm delighted to see the effort you put in it!!

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

#3168006 - 09/22/04 11:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"I was going to go into great detail about my relationship with the plant but I'm going to save that for another day."

its another day. hurry along you

--------------------

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Re: Solanaceous series: a multipost dhutra primer: Part One [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3186456 - 09/27/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

We want more!!

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Solanaceous series: a multipost dhutra primer: Part One [Re: psylo33o]
    #3187338 - 09/27/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yeah yeah, been very busy lately.. i have it all typed up just need to add a bit more then post it up.. i'll try to get to it in a few days.. Thanks for the support guys.

--------------------

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
    #3191410 - 09/28/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Can't wait

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

(02-17: UPDATED) Solanaceous series: a multipost dhutra primer: Part one and two [Re: psylo33o]
    #3794513 - 02/17/05 05:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Check Original Post for incomplete Part Two of essay... EDIT: Since no one has responded yet I will simply repost it here too.. BUT its still in the original post above.

--------------------

Edited by Aneglakya (02/18/05 04:49 AM)

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: (02-17: UPDATED) Solanaceous series: a multipost dhutra primer: Part one and two [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3797233 - 02/18/05 04:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Solanaceous series: A Multi-Post Dhutra primer: Part two

For the love of metel: Femme fatale

femme fa?tale (fm f-tl, -t?l, fm): An alluring, mysterious woman of great seductive charm who leads men into compromising or dangerous situations.
..... now tell me that does not fit the description of Dhutra perfectly!

Datura metel is my temptress, my affiar, my lover and my desire. I have betrayed my wife several times by having many affiars with her. Many of you have PMed me asking why I speak so highly of this plant, yet shoot people down when considering ingesting it.. The harm that she can cause is obvious and any fool knows that they are putting themselves at risk when they dance with her.. The point is, I respect her and I do not consume this plant in recreational nature or even explorative nature. If I asked her to show me other worlds or partake of her to explore other realms, she would surely keep me trapped there to keep her company, since I am so devoted to my queen. I have never had such a close relationship with a plant before , until I met her. She has inspired the deepest most poetic states of mind that I have ever experienced. I have spoke with many people whom have no connection to or understanding of the concepts of entheogens that have consumed this plant simply based on hearsay and local lore. It's known not only amongst those of our subculture but to suburban monkeys and many overprotective parents. Many claim to have eaten a few seeds and nothing happened, while others tell stories of a friend consuming several hundred seeds and preforming the most typical task one does while on datura, running around naked covered in blood. During a conversation with my father-in-law, after a few beers, he admitted to smoking the seeds of this noxious weed that grows in his back yard. He claimed that it was because he has heard of it being used for pain and his back was sore, but he was very transparent and obvious about his true intentions.. This is a prime example of Femme Fatale. He knows not of plant allies and folk healing, only that this plant has caused fatalities and can make you go crazy and he stilled was driven to ingest her..

I will be honest though, on occasion I have indeed consumed this plant. The first time was , like most peoples, in highschool. I had aquired about 60 seeds from Peruvian Journey. PJ was the place that all my lunch money went to, I was infatuated with my new found interest in psychoactive plants and herbs and spent what had to be several hundred days of malnutrition, saving all the money I could aquire, simply to purchase plants with the possibility of finding an allie. I gave an equally curious friend 10 seeds and I myself took 10 seeds. We agreed to take them the following day at school. I carried mine in a small black felt sachet I hung around my neck on a ball chain necklace. In the morning I consumed the 10 seeds. I found chewing them to be pleasurable and picking the pieces out of my teeth for the remainder of the day to be an equally joyfull task. It was honor to have such a bitter taste pestering my tounge. About midway through my school day I started to feel very heavy, nothing too intense, but it was an obvious alteration to my normal state of mind. By the time I got home my sinuses where completely dried out, i had severe cotton mouth and it felt like my head had grown about 2' in diameter. Nothing too profound.. didn't really inspire the need to further question this plants activity, however my studies of this plant and longing to see her in person grew to almost an obsessive nature.

We would go on very long drives through suburban neighborhoods trying to find someone cultivating this plant. One day I felt what was to be my first "Plant Power Pull" (*This is how plants speak and draw me to them). A friend and I where driving home when I suddenly shouted "Turn Here".. He did so even though he had no idea why I would request this... We drove down another street at a very slow speed. Ahah! I started screaming like a school girl when I spotted 5 large full grown flowering Toloache plants growing in a residential front yard. Later that night we drove out there in a truck with two other people and very disrespectfully stole the plants, threw them in a trash bag and drove off fast. I went home, graded and seperated the plant and layed it out over my floor to dry. The next several days were very bizzare and as the energy the plants put off in the room had a profound effect on my consciousness.

There is a large amount of datura stramonium growing on my In-laws land. One year we had harvested several kilo's of leaves, flowers, pods, seeds, and roots. I made many cigarettes containing the dried leaves. I would smoke several cigarettes a night and experience no alteration. Just the smell of the smoke and having it in my presence was an experience worth repeating.

I find Toloache have more of a presence than datura stramonium. I'm not nessessarily saying its more potent as it depends on what part of the plant and how you utilize it that determines potency. Just drying the leaves out in my apartment caused me to feel very strange. I had a very large wooden table that I would dry the leaves out on and the intoxicating aroma it emitted would inspire the most deepest states of relaxation and meditation.

I've often enjoyed making many crafts out of Dhatura. Pendants for necklaces from dried stramonium pods..T he pods are also excellent additions to any floral display. Smudging cones (I did have a post on how to make these but they may have been deleted.. PM if you are curious).. Even cone incense by using powdered Datura metel flowers, Potassium Nitrate and Gum Arabic. Right now i'm working on making a sheet of 1'' x 1''squares(tabs) of Dhutra metel flower incense to be burned in accordance with the changes of the moon, during meditation and of course anytime you plant or harvest your dhutra plants (which SHOULD be in accordance with stages of the moon!) At the end of a season, the night prior to the harvest, I will go outside at 3am-4am with some general tools, usually smoking Nicotiana rustica + Toloache flowers (a VERY potent synergy). I walk through the garden chanting what seems to be like an icaro,sometimes in english and sometimes in the language of plants.. Simply reciting lines that praise the plant and show my appreciation, asking for permission and thanking it for bringing so much joy to me during the season. I assure her that I will respect her and she will be put only in the hands of those who respect her as well. The use of a rattle and drum (which an equally appreciative loved one can play as you sing) and Salvia apiana bundles, Artemisia ludovisiana bundles wrapped in verbascum leaves, tobacco braids and a single metel flower may be burned and smudged over the harvest area. Sometimes I will bury items of value and worth next to the plants as a gift so that I am assured a plentiful harvest below the ground (Those innoxia roots run DEEP). Similiar rituals are performed when sowing the plants as well.. If you have trouble growing her, I recommend evaluating your attitude when you attempt to do so.

Well .. I could go on but I will stop here.. I may add more later, well see. Please share your experiences as well...

--------------------

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Re: (02-17: UPDATED) Solanaceous series: a multipost dhutra primer: Part one and two [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3799553 - 02/18/05 04:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"Please share your experiences as well... "
fuck that. I'll fuck with just about anything except datura

but thanx for the report. I look forward to the next segment.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder