Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
2 teks im trying out need your opinion
    #3793943 - 02/17/05 03:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ok ive failed four times in a row with the pf tek :blush: :confused: ive tried everything. i really dont wanna waste any more money one syringes so i decided to try somethign new. First of all im going to try popcorn. ive read up on the teks and im going to abide by them (soak, simmer, inoculate, colonize and case). this should be a good thing for me to try out. Next im goign to try a little something i havent been able to find any info on. im going to use regular old brown rice. my plan is to use the popcorn tek with the rice to attain the correct moisture content and then jus inoculate colonize and case. in the early days of colonization i will shake up the jars and everything and see wut happens. if anyone has tried this please let me kno how it went and anythign else you think i should know. thank you and good luck to all.

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: 2 teks im trying out need your opinion [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3793991 - 02/17/05 03:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

if you want we can try to figure out why you failed with the pf-tek . i feel everybody starting out should master pftek before moving on cause it gives you a good feel for the grow. so if you want to try to figure out what went wrong just say and ill help.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: 2 teks im trying out need your opinion [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3794001 - 02/17/05 03:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well i kno i made the mistake of not letting the jars cool long enough the second and third times, the first time my mycilium jus stopped growing for no apparent reason. the fourth time i think i might have let them dry out or something but other than that thr fourth tiem has no other apparent causes for my failure

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3794047 - 02/17/05 03:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

do you put tape on your jars?

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: 2 teks im trying out need your opinion [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3794072 - 02/17/05 03:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yes i did

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3794090 - 02/17/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

dont use tape thats why your jars stalled and why try 4 probably didnt grow. mushies need good air exchange. look into tyvek or just leave the tinfoil you pc with on the jars. tyvek will have better results with no contams but youll be good with foil. i bet you wish you knew this then.

--------------------

Offlinetrippinpimp
icon

Loc: here
    #3794140 - 02/17/05 04:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

when they were half way colonized take the tape off and turn theme up side down so the co2 lets out that could of stopped the growth and what temp do u keep your jars at idle temp is 86 i think good luck

--------------------
"...if u take d&b out of drum&bass - u get just rum&ass..."

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

#3794240 - 02/17/05 04:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lordoftheshroomz said:
ok ive failed four times in a row with the pf tek :blush: :confused: ive tried everything. i really dont wanna waste any more money one syringes so i decided to try somethign new. First of all im going to try popcorn. ive read up on the teks and im going to abide by them (soak, simmer, inoculate, colonize and case). this should be a good thing for me to try out. Next im goign to try a little something i havent been able to find any info on. im going to use regular old brown rice. my plan is to use the popcorn tek with the rice to attain the correct moisture content and then jus inoculate colonize and case. in the early days of colonization i will shake up the jars and everything and see wut happens. if anyone has tried this please let me kno how it went and anythign else you think i should know. thank you and good luck to all.

You can't forget to PC If your using anything other then the pf tek.

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: 2 teks im trying out need your opinion [Re: Taskenti]
    #3799294 - 02/18/05 04:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

so do i get any tips about the brown rice tek?

--------------------

InvisibleGlassOnion
Stranger
Loc: Antartica
    #3799354 - 02/18/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I prefer to use bandaids instead of tape to cover the inoculation hole.. Its convenient since its already sterile. Seems to support good air exchange too..

I feel your pain man I failed a few times too..I think I finally figured it out tho.

Water content is very important! When you use popcorn to spawn I recommend pressure cooking instead of simmering. Pressure cook at 15psi for 45-60 min. The kernals will be easily smashed with your fingers when you get the content correct.

Edited by GlassOnion (02/18/05 04:21 PM)

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: 2 teks im trying out need your opinion [Re: GlassOnion]
    #3799375 - 02/18/05 04:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

my only problem is no pressure cooker.... but i have a rice cooker that i can steam/boil the jars with to sterilize them

--------------------

InvisibleGlassOnion
Stranger
    #3799383 - 02/18/05 04:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You can't spawn grains without a pressure cooker (as far as I know).. I think you will have to make that investment.
I just bought an allamerican and I love it!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: 2 teks im trying out need your opinion [Re: GlassOnion]
    #3799402 - 02/18/05 04:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

why cant u spawn grains withotu a pressure cooker

--------------------

InvisibleGlassOnion
Stranger
    #3799429 - 02/18/05 04:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not totally sure why you have to pressure cook grains but my guess would be because it's easier to contaminate grains.

Edited by GlassOnion (02/18/05 04:36 PM)

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3799494 - 02/18/05 04:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It is almost impossible to sterilize a thick grainjar without a pressure cooker. Chances of failure are high, thought you had enough?

And even in the PC 1 hour at 120C is not enough. 90 minutes. And corn? Has very tough kernals.

If you have a PC there is not much reason not to start with grains. Its not getting easier after cakes anyway. But without a PC you should do the cakething.

And as Lemon_W suggested, tell us your whole process. From the selection and handling of the jars untill the moment that you tossed the cakes.

Everything! What jars, where did you buy which BRF, what lid, what breathing holes, did you cover them, with what, how sterilized, which spores, did you shake the syringe be4 inoc?, which Cake tek did you use? How did you incubate them, at what temps......

And everything I 4got 2 ask u..... :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale