Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Acid compared to shrooms
    #3799227 - 02/18/05 05:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm a fairly experienced shroomer, having tripped about 25 times in the last two years, and I smoke a LOT of weed. I've never had an even close-to-negative time, on anything. Myself and a close friend have recently stumbled across some acid, and are thinking of trying it. I always knew I would experience Lucy one day, but not as soon as this.

Anyway, I've read a lot about acid but would really like to get some good anologies that could compare it to mushrooms. I'm fairly keen on trying it but don't know what to expect. Here is my concieved notion of acid, and I'd like to know if I'm wrong...

- Acid is a less confusing trip than shrooms, and the visuals are more 'shiny' and 'clean' than the 'organic' mushroom visuals. The general effects are very, very similar but the Experience is entirely different, probably more spiritual, and more 'connecting' than the inward-facing, more personal shroom trip. -

That's the image of acid I have conceived, if anyone else can offer some better comparisons then please do...

By the way, due to working situations I won't be able to try for a month or two anyway, otherwise I would have just dived in the deep end.... :P

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSanityAssassin
Stranger
Re: Acid compared to shrooms [Re: sam420]
    #3799545 - 02/18/05 06:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I'd say that's fairly accurate, I don't find acid more spiritual though, if anything it's less. Acid just seems happier than mushrooms and is a smoother trip. It's more about your perception of reality being altered, whereas shrooms are more about your thoughts being altered.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Acid compared to shrooms [Re: SanityAssassin]
    #3799706 - 02/18/05 07:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

lsd is futuristic revolutionary technological digital

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Acid compared to shrooms [Re: SanityAssassin]
    #3799708 - 02/18/05 07:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i think its popular consensus that mushrooms are more spiritual than acid

--------------------

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: Acid compared to shrooms [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3799885 - 02/18/05 07:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think none of what is said is accurate. Acid simply brings out your actual personalit more. Everything oyu are experiencing at the moment of dropping will be extremely heightened after your brain reacts to the acid. Acid has an effect that is always the same, but it's so subtle and unnameable, that the experience is totally different every time- as if the drug itself had no personality. Mushrooms on the other hand have a very strong personality. They are like little teachers that enter your brain and guide your thoughts throughout the experience. Acid is much more YOU- more you're own brain folding in on itself, or something. I personally consider acid more spiritual, just because it taps into a depth of myself far greater than mushrooms. this could just be because ive had more intense acid trips though. What was said about acid being "technological and futuristic" is just bullshit if you ask me. these words have no relevance to any acid trip ive ever had. I've been in the woods on acid and it is very spiritual if you are in nature. But it is true that acid feels man-made as opposed to the raw energy of mushrooms. And who says it's popular concencus that mushrooms are more spiritual? you're just makin things up!

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
Re: Acid compared to shrooms [Re: Gog]
    #3800059 - 02/18/05 08:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

When I wanna have a great time while still in tune with the spiritual aspect of psychadelics, I go with shrooms.

When I want to observe beauty in all its forms, LSD is the way to go.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #3800082 - 02/18/05 08:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It seems to me that LSD and mushrooms do almost the same thing, but at different levels of conciousness. Hmmm, let me put it this way; LSD is a direct link to God, and mushrooms are a direct link to Mother Earth. I feel that both are gifts from above, tools that although different, are here to do the same thing. One thing is for sure, both are incredible, beautiful, and mind-expanding substances. The most religious/experiences of my life came from LSD.   
:sun: :peace: :tripping:

--------------------

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #3802296 - 02/19/05 03:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Comparing LSD and Shrooms.

There is no damn comparison!!

Shrooms are great, Acid puts them to shame. The biggest visual difference I've noticed is the trails, they are much more complete with LSD.

As for the trip, Pretty much the same, but shrooms are missing a certain quality which can't be fully described in words. Sometimes on acid you'll get this great feeling of being washed over with this pure alien chemical light. It's like god is inhaling and you feel at one with him/her/it. It looks like a rainbow, with more colors, very wavy, very cool.

It's like in the movies when it shows someone tripping in the third person, but nothing like that.

You get the idea.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
    #3802401 - 02/19/05 04:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think acid is more coarse than shrooms. An average shroom trip is what 4-6 hrs? Average acid trip is 9-11 hours.

Shrooms seem to have a lower body load. Acid can be phycically taxing after 5-7 hours.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience