Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Tapestry, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemidway
Stranger

getting the most out of psylocibin.
    #3799163 - 02/18/05 05:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

After I began to get reasonably sized flushes and to use mushrooms on a regular basis, i started to see the need for better discipline in other areas in my life in order to capitalize on the great gift that is psylocibin/psilocin.

First: the physical regimine. Jogging and weight training. Good health and physical strength GREATLY increase your control over yourself and your trips.. some of my fondest memories are from long runs and time at the gym while on a weeklong psylocibin use period.

Second: diet. Eating right is the only way to go if youre using psylocibin for mental enhancement like i do.

Third: Other drugs. I eliminated THC, nicotine and alcohol from my life. These drugs are useless when held up to psylocibin, and only serve to distract and confuse the matter. Keep in mind that i dont really use mushrooms to party with, i use them to expand my mentality (for lack of better explanation).  I still have an open door to other tryptamines, since they perform the same essential duty as psylocibin.

Fourth: getting rid of other hinderances, like media and useless friendships and contacts. I started to limit my exposure to previously important social circles. . . at first it was simply because they seemed so small, stupid and petty when compared to the experiences i was having by myself. Frankly they were petty and annoying when i was on mushrooms. After a while i started to notice that even when i wasnt on mushrooms they remained useless, so i made it a policy to minimize my contact with them. Now i only talk to females in search of meaningful companionship, and even that is rare and very special. everything else is a waste of my time....psylocibin changed me like that. 
Oh and i unplugged my tv and stopped listening to the radio too. Its amazing how you dont miss them. I still listen to music sometimes, but even that is becoming less and less useful.
One more thing, i quit spanking the monkey and eliminated all activity that didnt have an overt purpose, like gaining power and control over myself.

The results: I have a tactile control over events and persons in my life to a previously impossible extent. I have a newfound self knowledge and strength, which is essentially like a neverending personal ecstacy..this has extended itself months beyond mushroom use periods and does not fade. Yes, i do stop using them from time to time...the benefits are permanent and real.

More advice: Read carlos castaneda...if not for his books i would have never thought such things possible. Read buddhist texts on mind control techniques. Life is serious business, and mushrooms are here to be your tool . . .. use them to the utmost.

:wink:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: getting the most out of psylocibin. [Re: midway]
    #3799918 - 02/18/05 08:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Greetings Midway,

I am impressed with some, if not most, of your comments. Nearly all people on the net that discuss this subject do NOT end up with coherent, meaningful lives as a result of the fungi alone - because they fail to change their life on a day-to-day basis.
The mushroom experience gives intense insight from a different perspective. Some things you get right away, other things take time, and some things just seem impossible to really grasp. Either way, if we do find truth and we are convicted to pursue it, usually there will be life-changes that take place.
However...a gentle word of caution if I may:
We must not become anti-social or "I'm better than you" type of people. This is probably the downside of really seeing what the human experience is typically like compared to what it SHOULD BE. On fungi, you will probably find yourself in a situation where cutting out as much BS/nonsense as possible is the only road to truth and to a meaningful existence.
However, (again), I cannot overemphasize the challenge in obtaining so-called knowledge and balancing it with a humble, "I'm still human like the rest of 'em" disposition.
With increased fondness for fungi comes a burden of TRUTH. One of the first burdens I believe people receive is that of sincerity (ie cutting the BS).
The second seems to be an honest connection with Nature. Appreciating Nature and valueing what we have is true wisdom. Having a thankful disposition for our food and (bottled) water is essential. Using natural things instead of sythentic things is essential. Less TV and an increase in real-life activity becomes essential.
This post of yours is inspiring. I'd love to hear any specific changes you've made in your life. I'll be happy to share as well.

My book recommendation, believe it, is:
The Bible

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: getting the most out of psylocibin. [Re: World Spirit]
    #3800191 - 02/18/05 08:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I like your post Enter. Especially the part about burdens. Maybe one reason people have bad trips is because they fail to understand that the things they see can be gradually incorporated into their lives, rather then immediately confronted. If something like your idea about Burdens is right, then perhaps there is potential here for a new way to treat people having bad trips. Rather then emphasizing that their state of mind is temporary, emphasize that the things they are experiencing can be dealt with over time. I dunno, just an aside that popped into my head.

I really disagree with the approach of the original poster to mushrooms, they aren't here to be our tool, we are here to be theirs.

I think the question is a sort of Koan. As long as you view the world such that you exist in it and seperate from it, and there are things, like psilocybin, which exist in the world and are seperate from you, which you use in goal directed ways to control your own fate, you cannot get the most out of psilocybin. Once you get the most out of psilocybin, you see the interwoven fabric that underlies the world, and realize that there are no boundries between you and the world. (Alan Watts said something about a tapestry of a bird. From one point of view, you have a bird, but turn it over and the fabric that constitutes the bird is continuous with the whole). You couldn't really answer the question in a way that would be satisfactory to the orignal asker of the question. To get the most out of psilocybin, stop trying to shape the experience and let it shape you. But this doesn't get "you" anything, because you completely lose your sense of identity, which is a result of a combination of your memories of the past and dreams of the future, and become immersed in the moment. Remember, mushrooms are one of the hormones that the planet secretes so that when the time comes in 2012, our collective unconsciousness will awaken, and are humanity will transcend. (OK the terrence mckenna stuff is a little out there. But still...)

"Third: Other drugs. I eliminated THC, nicotine and alcohol from my life. These drugs are useless when held up to psylocibin, and only serve to distract and confuse the matter. Keep in mind that i dont really use mushrooms to party with, i use them to expand my mentality (for lack of better explanation). I still have an open door to other tryptamines, since they perform the same essential duty as psylocibin."

One of the major effects I have had from mushrooms is that THC has become a lot more spiritual of an experience. I am not sure if this is because I use THC to self medicate, or what, but pot has gone way up as a priority since I have been doing a lot of psilocybin.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: getting the most out of psylocibin. [Re: tomk]
    #3800389 - 02/18/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

...to mushrooms, they aren't here to be our tool, we are here to be theirs.

Interesting and well put.  :sun:

Offlinemidway
Stranger

Re: getting the most out of psylocibin. [Re: tomk]
    #3803568 - 02/19/05 04:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Really cool responses...
About becoming high and mighty----youre absolutely right about that. Maybe it would have been more accurate to say that it is best to pick and choose your associates carefully.
Quote:

One of the major effects I have had from mushrooms is that THC has become a lot more spiritual of an experience. I am not sure if this is because I use THC to self medicate, or what, but pot has gone way up as a priority since I have been doing a lot of psilocybin.

That was true for me too for a while, but i more or less decided that i liked the pure mushroom experience better..found it easier to concentrate.

And another thing that Ive found is that the dosage i was originally using was too high. i started to use them more as a part of my diet rather than dosing them like a drug in the evenings on weekends...it was really useful to me to use them as part of my daily life on a low dose basis.

Also i must say that i do slip up some...heh not perfect by any means..but generally i do stick to what i said, and it really has been very positive.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: getting the most out of psylocibin. [Re: midway]
    #3803840 - 02/19/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So could you tell me what changes you've made in lifestyle/habits/spending your time?

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
    #3803875 - 02/19/05 06:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

We must not become anti-social or "I'm better than you" type of people. This is probably the downside of really seeing what the human experience is typically like compared to what it SHOULD BE. On fungi, you will probably find yourself in a situation where cutting out as much BS/nonsense as possible is the only road to truth and to a meaningful existence.

I'm probably guilty of having that "anti-social, everyone else is human scum" attitude. I've never used psilocybin either, but it really gets to me how self-contradictory, ignorant, or stupid 99+% of the humans I deal with are. To be social, I have to put on a facade of actually being able to slightly relate to the verbal scum that spews from people's mouths.

I need psilocybin to destroy my ego.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: getting the most out of psylocibin. [Re: Society]
    #3804053 - 02/19/05 07:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Two notes (if I may):

- For me, its not so much that I think of people as ignorant, selfish, deceived, etc.  Instead, its more of a challenge for me to mix with them without beginnning to think as they do.
Example: It's like two glasses of water that get poured into one. The impurities of the first glass get mixed into the second and vice-versa. My spiritual direction in life ultimately gets temporarily placed into the soul the person I'm around, and their's goes into my soul.

2 -  Psilocybin won't necessarily destroy your pride, it will probably do the following:
a. decrease it during the experience
b. increase the power of your will when in compliance with that which is Highest, or perhaps even when not in compliance. Ever see the spore wars (vendor fights)? How bout the moderator wars? Or even the admin wars? There's no question that we're a fiery group of kin.  :evil: :wink:

Fiery, but completely likeable.  :sun:

OfflinePeyoteZen
Save The Republic
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Again!
    #3804449 - 02/19/05 09:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Enter said:
Quote:

...to mushrooms, they aren't here to be our tool, we are here to be theirs.

Interesting and well put.  :sun:

Yes... i like that.
I read something once that went a little like this:
"Psilocybin requires the nervous system of a mammal in order to work".  haha

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Tapestry, Terrence McKenna

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being