Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehpnotiq
Stranger
Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage?
    #3798897 - 02/18/05 02:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

not physical damage but maybe emotional or mental damage or maybe just change a lot of the way u are... i plan on coming back and being normal again thats why

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: hpnotiq]
    #3798968 - 02/18/05 02:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well of course no matter how powerful of an experience you have you will return to normal. I don't think salvia would be the best thing to do for your first psychedelic experience though. Salvia isn't going to give you pretty visuals like acid or make you ponder the secrets of the universe like mushrooms. It will take a shotgun to your brain and blow it into a million tiny pieces and then slowly place them back together. It is possible for the experience to make you think a little differently about yourself or the world, but it isn't going to cause any damage. Be careful, Salvia is powerful stuff. Sometimes a little too powerful for some.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3799010 - 02/18/05 02:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I don't think salvia would be the best thing to do for your first psychedelic experience though

I agree, salvia is nothing to be taken lighty.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: Civ]
    #3799112 - 02/18/05 03:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

why is salvia legal?!!

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3799126 - 02/18/05 03:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Why not?

Well, it's fairly obscure (or it was), not very recreational, and the active constitute is not related to any illegal substance in structure or effects.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3799155 - 02/18/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

why is salvia legal?!!

Cuz it has about as many side effects as a horror movie.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3799231 - 02/18/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

p4kSouL said:
why is salvia legal?!!

That won't last.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3800964 - 02/18/05 09:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

not so many side effects an no toxic effects
however some experiences are unforgettable
and in a way
like sex
there was before salvia
and any time after, so
maybe it does change something irreversibly?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #3801088 - 02/18/05 09:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

not maybe, it does. Every single experience you have will change you forever, a psychedelic experience more so. I've never returned from a trip the same person I left as. But I've never returned from a day of school the same person I left as, either.

Shotgun to the brain? I'd say it's more like taking your ego and throwing it into a black hole. It gets smooshed into a quantum singularity and then jetted out the other end.

--------------------

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: jux]
    #3801217 - 02/18/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I definately think if you *get there* - you wont come back normal... and without assitance of a light transition through psychedelic states to *there* your gonna be pulling your nuts looking to readjust into something you thought you knew...

Read extensively about god concepts, physics; string theory inparticular, the NN DMT experience, Terrence Mckenna's experiences, Buddhist teachings/eastern philosophy, mysticism, *is reality just an illusion*/Multidimensional reality, interpretation of physical senses, Jane Roberts and her Seth books, and watch the Matrix...

(actually do all of that) However... if you *get there* the Salvia experience will be all of that x 2,000,000 in understanding/shock terms.

Assimilation can be difficult... especially if your drowning in the pond.

However - i do have ideas that she wont let you *get there* until your ready - default protector. But dont have faith in an airbag.

OfflineTheProdigy
People like youjust fuel myfire...

Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: headset]
    #3802240 - 02/19/05 12:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Salvia was my first hallucinogen. I'm perfectly fine, and I had a great time with it. I still smoke it on occasion but it's not "Fun" like mushrooms are. Just make sure you use it right and you will be fine. Only damage I could see happening is if you don't have a sitter and you do something stupid.

--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3802395 - 02/19/05 02:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It may make you never want to take another drug again. It almost had that effect on me. I'd say get some shrooms, go into the happy hunting grounds with a friendly entheogen before messing around with salvia.

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: Noviseer]
    #3802463 - 02/19/05 02:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

salvia was my first "psychedelic" altghough i don't consider it a true psychedelic, but that doesn't mean you can't learn a lot from it. however i dont recommend it to people as a first because it's not fun or trippy like shrooms, shrooms have a lesson to teach but they also have a very happy, silly side to them. after my level 5 salvia trip i became much more cautious and afraid of drugs, which is unfortunate. salvia blew my world apart and showed me that everything i thought i knew was wrong, but it didn't leave me witht he answer when it was over and i didn't have the guts to do it again (at least not all the way to level 5).

Offlinehpnotiq
Stranger
Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: Deviate]
    #3806399 - 02/20/05 11:04 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

In what way can it alter your thinking? will it have an effect on my goals?

OfflineDeviate
Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: hpnotiq]
    #3806666 - 02/20/05 12:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

it's possible that it could change the whole way you think about existance and what's real, you might get let in on the "cosmic joke" if you smoke enough. it's also possible that it wouldn't change you much at all.

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: Deviate]
    #3806961 - 02/20/05 02:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Salvia was my first psychedelic. There's not much to worry about. You wont get it, you'll forget it as soon as it happens, and if you get in too deep you'll just pull yourself out of it and be down in a minute.
It hits you so hard that..it doesn't really matter, it goes over your head. At first...it got less and less comfortable, for me, as I aproached it with more experience. Until I stopped doing it altogether.
Salvia is a pretty sure fire way of demonstrating the flimsy nature of our precived reality.

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3821095 - 02/23/05 06:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

All experiences over time will eventually go away and even the insight learned will not necessarily stay either. Its similar to having a religous experience and figuring alot of new things out and gaining new morals, but it requires you to act upon those to have any change. Nothing can change unless youre willing.
I still wouldnt recommend Salvia as your first psychadelic...it will severly warp your perseption of them.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflineChingChong
Non-OffensiveTalker

Loc: Where the buffalo roam
    #3821124 - 02/23/05 07:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

it will kill you.

--------------------
How can one murder enormously if one is microscopic.

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: ChingChong]
    #3823881 - 02/23/05 06:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The first time I tried salvia was only recently, just a week or so ago. It was interesting in hindsight. I know you weren't asking about physical side effects, but I burned my lips :shocked:. I made a homemade pipe out of an apple and... well I sucked to hard or something and my lips were a bit burned. I didn't really learn much from the trip, maybe next time though. No mental damage, no nausea, nothing.

OfflineRainbowDrops
Technicolormindsets &prismed sweatbeads
Female

Loc: Florida
    #3823940 - 02/23/05 06:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

p4kSouL said:
why is salvia legal?!!

More like why is everything illegal?

--------------------
mmmm, spacecake

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Will doing salvia for a first time psychedelic user cause any damage? [Re: RainbowDrops]
    #3823945 - 02/23/05 06:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Seriously.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order