Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSomaism
The Outlaw
 User Gallery

Loc: Illusion
The darkness of the opium poppy
    #3789202 - 02/16/05 12:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The plant that will use you like a toy.

This is utmost the evilest entheogen you could come across.
Danger. Stay away from the poppy. It will be always calling you back if you do not get rid of its sublime addiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: The darkness of the opium poppy [Re: Somaism]
    #3789246 - 02/16/05 12:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The plant that will use you like a toy.

This is utmost the evilest entheogen you could come across.
Danger. Stay away from the poppy. It will be always calling you back if you do not get rid of its sublime addiction.

Tools become weapons in the hands of those who are less than honest.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: The darkness of the opium poppy [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3789638 - 02/16/05 02:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Lots of people get messed up on booze, pills and such. Those who are careful can use them but do not allow themselves to get hooked. The problem is, everyone thinks they can handle something like poppies but most can not. If your only source is to grow them yourself then your supply will run out before you can get into any trouble.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The darkness of the opium poppy [Re: Somaism]
    #3789668 - 02/16/05 02:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah well I certainly do agree that the addiction is by far not worth it. Although it is possible for some people to avoid the addiction of opium and it's derivitives, it's difficult and not as likely.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: The darkness of the opium poppy [Re: Locus]
    #3795680 - 02/17/05 09:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, poppies are beautiful and the high is great for some. Others don't get it. I guess it has to do with method of prep. After three years of on and off poppie pod use, I was finally hooked for a year. I'm now through the first three days of cold turkey preceeding quitting and it is very very hard. It's like the worst case of allergins and the flu at the same time combined with depression. Plus, my schedule was fucked and I had to work three doubles cooking at the same time. My life was hell, and now it will get better. But you're right, I will never forget this powerful attraction as simple to buy as a postage stamp. I also recommend not turning those on who are not already into them. It is a loss of innocence for any involved.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The darkness of the opium poppy [Re: eve69]
    #3798485 - 02/18/05 12:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

>>This is utmost the evilest entheogen you could come across.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: The darkness of the opium poppy [Re: Legoulash]
    #3804735 - 02/19/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Agreed.

Atropine will give narcotic effects(among other things) and then kill you.

The poppy is not evil, and WD suck, but its the person, not the plant thats to blame.

When you are sick(diarrea, the flu, or a massize headache) the poppy will help, the poppy never asked to be abused, its just a plant, dont blame nature.

Blame a lack of willpower.

--------------------

Invisiblerewind
cufk tish sips
Male User Gallery

Re: The darkness of the opium poppy [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3805184 - 02/19/05 10:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Datura never caused wars and destroyed an entire nation. The opium poppy is evil for sure.

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: The darkness of the opium poppy [Re: rewind]
    #3805208 - 02/19/05 11:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Neither did the poppy. Humans cause war, don't try to blame it on a plant.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: The darkness of the opium poppy [Re: theocean06]
    #3805314 - 02/19/05 11:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Anything is evil in the wrong hands.I mean give the wrong person something as innocent as a potato and they will get an idea to build a potato gun and break something or hurt someone with it soon enough.

This is especially true with entheogens.Entheogens are a medicine and often equally a poison.Now the difference between medicine and poison lies in dosage.

Just as the difference between addiction and normal usage lies in how often you use it.If you find yourself using it too much cutback or stop for a while.If it is not helping in anyway dont use it.Ultimately the person using the entheogens are in control.

I've used many opiates and yet never have I ever become addicted.It all depends on how responsible you are with said tools.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3806008 - 02/20/05 06:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah you are right, but it's more than just responsibility and willpower.. it's a lot of things. For one, how happy or *unhappy* you are in your life at the time is a major part of being able to manage your use. That is really the basic overall reason why it begins and ends.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#3808057 - 02/20/05 06:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey man.. don't hate on the potato gun.  :evil:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder