Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
anger and nontruth
    #3798112 - 02/18/05 11:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Why is everyone angry on the false information? People are calling non-truth evil, and calling it angry names like "bullshit" "crap" etc.
Why does illusion and deception make you angry?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerepemon
journeyman
Re: anger and nontruth [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3798116 - 02/18/05 11:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well if you get angry on it you are in the illusion too. Maybe thats the reason? :smile:

--------------------
- When the time stops, evil ones will be pointed out for all to see.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: anger and nontruth [Re: repemon]
    #3798543 - 02/18/05 01:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

maybe they get mad 'cause they came part way to understanding and find that effort wasted.
no efforts are really wasted.
coming half way is a good measure too.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: anger and nontruth [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3798713 - 02/18/05 01:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No I'm refering to those who are angry on other people's illusions. Like people who get angry when they see how much questionable info there is on this forum.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3798910 - 02/18/05 02:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Simple, because they are pissed off that others are living fine and fancy free in their self created realities and they haven't given themselves the liberty too. They chose to believe someones elses created versions of reality that suck. I would be angry too if I realized that.

I would be like, "hey, what are you doing out of prison, no fair. If I am stuck in it you have to be too, Get your ass back in here"  Then the fine and fancy free are like, "No way hose la ti da come out and play" and that would make me more upset because I can't find a way out.

Then the fine and fancy free would say, "Oh but you are out, those walls are not real, they are just creations of your mind". Then I would get more frustrated and call them delusional because they seem real to me, even though I am the one living in the fictitious prison believing it is real while I see others out playing fine and fancy free.  :crazy2:

Who has reason to be angry? The one stuck in the delusions or the one who is free in and of them?

Some of rest just may get annoyed when others keep badgering them to come back into the dark damp musty small jail cell. AND some become annoyed when those out playing invite them to come and free play because they have grown comfortable in their cells and feel safe and secure there and probably forgot how to free play. 

Doesn't make sense to be angry about the angry. Easier to just do what you can to understand. If you get angry or confused or resentful of the angry, you will just end up back in a jail cell yourself.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: anger and nontruth [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3799255 - 02/18/05 03:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yea, that makes perfect sense

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3799271 - 02/18/05 04:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"Why does illusion and deception make you angry? "

It does not anger me...but the way of delusion is the dishonest way. Truth is sacred. You would rather hear lies told to you by your friends and familly instead of truths?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #3799352 - 02/18/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Why is everyone angry on the false information? People are calling non-truth evil, and calling it angry names like "bullshit" "crap" etc.

are there any other "angry names" to avoid? :wink:

I see no anger in those words

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: anger and nontruth [Re: infidelGOD]
    #3799372 - 02/18/05 04:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
Quote:

are there any other "angry names" to avoid? :wink:

I see no anger in those words

Bullshit! What a load of crap! How evil can you be to not see the anger in them? You are so easily decieved.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (02/18/05 04:24 PM)

OfflineHippie
officialdeadhead

Loc: here & now
    #3799384 - 02/18/05 04:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Simple, because they are pissed off that others are living fine and fancy free in their self created realities and they haven't given themselves the liberty too.

More people need to realise we create our own reality.
Too many people in society now days let the world and the media form their reality. :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#3799446 - 02/18/05 04:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

so every time you use the word "bullshit" you do it out of anger?

could that explain why you sense anger behind those words when others use them?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3799505 - 02/18/05 04:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hahahahaha That reply to you was a joke! It was total bullshit! I am so evil for writing that crap in fun. Did I decieve you with an illusion?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#3799806 - 02/18/05 05:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you misinterpreted what I said
I know your post was a joke

but I could have taken it as a joke or I could have been offended by it

it all depends on how I interpret it

likewise when people challenge nontruths, you could interpret it however you want

you could see it as them being "angry" if you want... if that's what you see

but for me, as I said, I see no anger there

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3800085 - 02/18/05 06:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The interesting thing is, we never know on the Internet if someone is typing in anger. It's definitely best to only come here when you feel relaxed and calm and in good spirits. That will be your filter same as anger, frustration or saddness would be.

I agree that often, people read all sorts of their own emotional projections into posts in which they truly were not typed in. I know I have a good handful of times. I'm human.

In real life off the forum, we do see people respond to beliefs and situations with anger, using those words. This is a reality some times. That's why when I addressed the question I said that sometimes that is the case and I wrote why I think why.

If you look at all of the bad ratings and nasty PMs people have, its safe to say, people get angry here sometimes and write in anger.

I agree, when coming to this forum, best to only come when you are calm, relaxed and feeling good and do what you can not to read negative emotion in others words.

It could also be that the association is made because words like bullshit, crap, evil and deception are viewed as negative words so perhaps the reader is assuming they are being typed by someone in a negative frame, which is easily associated with anger.

Anyway, I read the original post and question as it was written. The poster wanted to know why some use them in anger. Assuming some may or may not, I wrote I why I think one would if they do. It could be that no one on this forum has ever written them in anger.

Really, your question was for the original poster and I will let him answer it.

Here's what I suggest to everyone. If you are ever reading a reply to yourself and think they may be writing in anger, check yourself first and take a break and reread it later. It may read totally different after a good nights sleep. If it still looks to be written in anger, make your next reply a PM to them asking if they are and why before continuing with that thread.

Sometimes, people do have excuses like, oh I was drunk or getting defensive cuz I was under attack all day or they may have a personal story why something upsets them. I say, look to understand the situation first before getting angry at nothing and making a counter attack.

So infidel, when you do see it in real life, why do you think people are angry with it? That's what the poster wanted to know because some are angry when attacking beliefs in real life.

My husband gets upset with me and stuff I say at times. I know why. We've talked about and I wrote about. In his case, he has adopted the reality of corporate culture because he chooses to believe that he has to have a hard skeptical critical edge to do well. That's his freaking choice. I talk from the fantasy island reality I live in and create for myself and he gets resentful because he knows what its like to be there and thinks he can't and do good well at his job at the same time. I say horseshit to him because it upsets me to see him living in an unideal reality of someone elses creation.

This is a reality we deal with in life and with people. I think the poster asked a thoughtful and sincere question that deserves some attention for when people are against the beliefs of others and use those words in anger.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (02/18/05 06:52 PM)

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3800213 - 02/18/05 07:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

original poster here..

..yea, angry posts..

well, when somene comes and says:
"Now that is total crap, where do you come up with this shit!!??"

Instead of:

"I find that hard to believe, are you sure your sources are reliable"

or when someone says:

"deziformation is evil! Films that teach kids that life is good are evil. Guess what? People kill each other and we feed our kids this crap"

I don't mean he is angry at that moment (he could be though), but he has a certain agressive attitude towards that particular issue.

So my original question should be rather:
Why do these people have such an emotional attitude toward truth and lie.

why do I say emotional?
Because those words are a form of poetry. You don't use the word crap and shit unless you want to express something subjectivly. It's art.
And it certainly does not come from emotions of joy and happyness

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3800274 - 02/18/05 07:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#3800312 - 02/18/05 07:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Why do these people have such an emotional attitude toward truth and lie.

I can't really answer that. maybe some people are just prone to strong emotions. I see emotional outbursts from all parties, whether someone is attacking a belief, or someone angrily overreacts to having his belief questioned. it goes both ways. I think it stems from insecurity and undue attachment to their beliefs, or maybe they're just having a bad day.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#3800335 - 02/18/05 07:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

It could also be that the association is made because words like bullshit, crap, evil and deception are viewed as negative words so perhaps the reader is assuming they are being typed by someone in a negative frame, which is easily associated with anger.

yeah those words can be used in anger. but I see them as more of a gut reaction for people who value truth. for example, I might be watching tv and I might say "bullshit!" if I see something that's not true. there's no anger associated with that. it's just an observation. although, I can see how that word can be interpreted as hostile if it was directed at ones beliefs...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: anger and nontruth [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3800638 - 02/18/05 08:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

no efforts are really wasted.

It has been a while (hours?) since I have read a regurgitated cliche.  :rolleyes: I can give nearly unlimited examples of wasted efforts.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3800680 - 02/18/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Simple, because they are pissed off that others are living fine and fancy free in their self created realities

R-I-G-H-T! The families of the 9/11 vicitms have no right to be angry because someone held a false belief about dying for Allah.

Seeing an acquaintance dead on the evening news because he believed the Heaven's Gate nonsense made me feel warm and fuzzy because false beliefs never lead to harm.

The Kansas serial killer who has slain entire families because God directed him to should make everyone smile.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder