Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
A nation of pussies?
    #3797855 - 02/18/05 10:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Is it just me or does it seem like everyone in the Western world is turning into a big pussy. We have political correctness to the extreme and I still can't figure out why it even exists except to give people a reason to "feel good about themselves."

And it's so much easier to point fingers at TV, radio, drugs, and McDonalds when things go wrong in society isn't it. It's so much easier to blame something else rather then acknowledge that YOU aren't taking responsibility for you and your household. Suck it up and stop blaming everything.

It seems like half of this country is composed of PC-freaks who oppose any mention of violence or war because it's fashionable, and then the other half who feels like a bomb is a perfectly good solution to any foreign problem.

Goddamn. Where's the balance people.

I'm mostly annoyed with the "PC-freaks" people right now. That's just because I read that thread about women getting all pissy because a man DARED to mention that the sexes have certain innate differences. Well, DUH, if we didn't have innate differences then why has the rift between the sexes existed for all this time. It just pisses me off how women and minorities always seem to make themselves look like dumbasses by getting huffy and over-offended about any little thing.

Anyone else feel that the pussy-easily-offended factor in America is getting ridiculous...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: A nation of pussies? [Re: MOTH]
    #3797953 - 02/18/05 10:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I feel ya. It sounds like being PC is the new "in" thing for leftist college students. If you aren't totally 100% racial equality don't tell a racist jokes everyone is equal and let's live in idealism world, then you aren't fucking liberal, you're a god damn redneck.

That's how it seems to me.

Speaking of the non-PC side, I read an article in my school newspaper about how gay people shouldn't be allowed to live in the married couples housing. Pissed me right off.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #3797961 - 02/18/05 10:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

in the 90's I used to refer to the PC guys in society as "sensitive 90's guys" or just plain pussies.  PC seemed to take off in the 90's ( probably Klintons fault :wink: ) But you are correct and to be honest with you it affects my work as well, when we're in meetings there's always a bull dyke or two that gets offended if I say some shit like "man kind" or "guys" etc.  Personally if i weren't at work I wouldn't give a rat's ass wether or not they're offended.  I'm not nor will I ever be PC.  Thanks God, i'm much happier just being honest.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: A nation of pussies? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3797963 - 02/18/05 10:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I feel ya. It sounds like being PC is the new "in" thing for leftist college students.

New? Are you living in the '70s?

Anti-PC backlash is old already. Catch up.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: A nation of pussies? [Re: Phluck]
    #3797967 - 02/18/05 10:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Yeah I feel ya. It sounds like being PC is the new "in" thing for leftist college students.

New? Are you living in the '70s?

Anti-PC backlash is old already. Catch up.

Catch up to what?

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #3797973 - 02/18/05 10:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes.

the computer term master/slave is being banned.

Waitron for Waiter.

first year student rather than Freshman.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: A nation of pussies? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3797984 - 02/18/05 11:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Manhole cover will now be referred to as personhole cover.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3797989 - 02/18/05 11:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Catch up to what?

Culture 'n shit.

People have been complaining about political correctness since the late 80s at least. The internet is filled with people who will spout off racist rhetoric as an ironic lash out against the easily offended, sometimes to the point where they push it too far. People are blasted as radicals nowadays if they even suggest that they embrace feminist ideas... without even having to state what ideas they embrace. Sure there are certainly people who take political correctness too far, but this is nothing new at all, it's been around long enough that there are people who take the backlash too far.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3797997 - 02/18/05 11:04 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Catch up to what?

Culture 'n shit.

People have been complaining about political correctness since the late 80s at least. The internet is filled with people who will spout off racist rhetoric as an ironic lash out against the easily offended, sometimes to the point where they push it too far. People are blasted as radicals nowadays if they even suggest that they embrace feminist ideas... without even having to state what ideas they embrace. Sure there are certainly people who take political correctness too far, but this is nothing new at all, it's been around long enough that there are people who take the backlash too far.

I guess I'm a little behind on culture because I used to believe that the political correctness was a great thing to have.  I'm trying to catch up, promise.  :sun:

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
Re: A nation of pussies? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3797998 - 02/18/05 11:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Personhole cover.

Boogeyperson.

You are a real person's person.

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3798017 - 02/18/05 11:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Catch up to what?

Culture 'n shit.

I meant to say that you're certaintly right about that. I know that balance is really important towards this sort of thing. You don't want to take anything too far. But the fact that PC-ness is getting excessive is a pretty new thought for me, that's why I started this post.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #3798020 - 02/18/05 11:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm with ya'. Immaturity manifests itself it both the attitudes you outline. I too really detest the whiney PC crowd - what a bunch of pussies. Remember the old school yard rhyme, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?" It seems these cry babies never even learned that simple lesson.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3798025 - 02/18/05 11:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It was inevitable, I'm afraid. Take a human out of the cold and rain, give him food and shelter and money to spend then a TV to vegitate in front of...and he looses his survival edge.

Inevitable :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3798027 - 02/18/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The thing is, in some ways, political correctness is great, in some ways. But when people start calling for censorship, or start nitpicking over stupid meaningless details, it gets stupid.

Then, of course, you've got people who see when its taken to far and decide "political correctness is stupid", so they decide that ALL politcal correctness is stupied, and that this means that they should be racist jerks, and that anyone who embraces any ideas that could be considered politically correct is a pansy.

It's not a "with us or against us" type of deal. Both extremes are populated by dogmatic morons. The ideal position lies, as usual, somewhere in the middle.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3798047 - 02/18/05 11:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I meant to say that you're certaintly right about that. I know that balance is really important towards this sort of thing. You don't want to take anything too far. But the fact that PC-ness is getting excessive is a pretty new thought for me, that's why I started this post.

That's okay, I was really directing my initial comment to FredDurgan, who suggested that political correctness was a new fad.

It's always good to see the problems with something that you formerly embraced, that's the key to taking a well thought out position. A lot of people just move from one extreme to another though, make sure not to forget the good things that made you embrace the idea in the first place.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3798050 - 02/18/05 11:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

what's positive about PC? Calling someone a "nigger" or another a 'redneck" is not, not being politically correct, it's being a racist asshole. There is a difference, things should be what they are, Aristotelian law, things are what they are.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: A nation of pussies? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3798072 - 02/18/05 11:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

what's positive about PC? Calling someone a "nigger" or another a 'redneck" is not, not being politically correct, it's being a racist asshole. There is a difference, thing should be what they are, Aristotelian law, things are what they are.

Well, the idea behind being PC initially was not being a racist asshole. Some people took it too far, so even not being a racist asshole is PC, it's just not being a PC moron.

Just because it's gotten to the point where people use PC as an insult doesn't mean that the original meaning doesn't still exist. I'm sure the idea that you're a little bit PC might annoy you, Inny, but you are PC, if only not in an extremist way.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3798101 - 02/18/05 11:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PC might annoy you, Inny, but you are PC, if only not in an extremist way.

How am I PC?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3798117 - 02/18/05 11:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with Innvertigo, what is positive about PC? I completely agree with legal equality and a lack of discrimination.

To who does PC apply? Is it only politicians and political parties or everyone in general? If a store wants to call their fried chicken "nigger lovers special" I see absolutely no problem with that. They have made a choice and people can decide if they want to shop there or not.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: A nation of pussies? [Re: trendal]
    #3798175 - 02/18/05 11:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was gonna post something to the effect of what you said.

Most people in the western world live comfortably. As soon as people survival needs are taken care of, they need something else to fill the gap so they start bitching about stupid, trivial things.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale