Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: Veter]
    #3777511 - 02/14/05 06:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well as long as there is the desire to improve yourself ure at least pointed the right way :smile:

as for inspiration, complacency is a vicious circle...
there has to be some kind of outside stimulant to make u go: ey this crap aint good enuff, i want something better...

Borgface u feel the need to resist mediocrity, so there must be something superior to compare it too... is there?
is there anything in particular that makes us think there could be something more satisfying then buying a new car?
or is it innate?
is there something inside us that urges us to look for this 'more'?
or is that what spychedelics do? open the doors to realities that
show an infinity of possibility and therby exploding our frame of reference...?
if everything that we do starts with a thought, is it not so that
imagination is the driving force behind all undertakings?
does that mean that daydreaming 'expands the mind'?

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: hpnotiq]
    #3779142 - 02/14/05 03:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I should say something else too:

This world - it's "citizens" - are sound asleep.

Absolutely numb both to TRUTH and to REALITY.

This is evident in that nearly every single person has a fake laugh and will laugh on queue (instead of laughing at things that are truly humorous naturally).

This is evident in the fact that we are more interested in television and magazines than family and state-wide peace.

This is evident in many ways.

It takes a strong medicine to effect a strong change. Mushrooms are that medicine and there are other medicines that can also help.

Nevertheless, it takes a lot more people than the few we currently have to bring change to society: Health, honesty, a love for the truth, a royal servant's heart to God, equality of finances among the people, righteous laws and righteous people enforcing these laws.

Until we grow in number we are basically waiting and nothing else.

"Waiting for what?" you ask, I hope.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: gdman]
    #3781561 - 02/14/05 11:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
they can be a great tool in that, I wouldn't say it's any better, different... or healthier. They can be used as a great tool in meditation, they are but a catalyst used to dissolve the normal filters of perception.

nicely put man!

People are lazy, its alot easier to eat a couple mushrooms then spend years meditating.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: barfightlard]
    #3783628 - 02/15/05 01:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Before i tried psychedelics, i had no clue what meditation was. :wink:
I knew about it, but I didn't understand what it was.
So for me, it was pretty crucial.  I probably would have gotten to where i am without drugs, but it would have taken much longer.

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offlinezenbed
ZenBed

Loc: Wisconsin
Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: Great Scott]
    #3784119 - 02/15/05 03:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

For me, the death/rebirth experience is an integral part of a psychedelic session, particulary Ayahuasca (DMT). Meditation alone does not facilitate this for me. I know, as stated in previous posts, that many do not like the EGO dissolution that can come from high dose sessions.

--------------------
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

OfflineRainbowDrops
Technicolormindsets &prismed sweatbeads
Female

Loc: Florida
Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: zenbed]
    #3784360 - 02/15/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I believe meditating is like a psychedelic experience in a sense. When you meditate you are in the same place as when undergoing a psychedelic experience, but on a different path.

Also, many can't focus during meditation. When you do psychedelics you are forced into hyper drive. Enlivening your brain through force. Much easier than intense focus.... & it's easy to get distracted.

--------------------
mmmm, spacecake

Offlinedougyfresh038
Stranger
Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3785647 - 02/15/05 08:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I liked reading that.

That is all.

OfflineAztec
DilatedHallucinator
 User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom with the caterpi...
Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: dougyfresh038]
    #3787257 - 02/16/05 12:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Meditation is nice especially if practiced right. I've gone to this Zen-Master who has has the highest black-belt degree and is one of the nicest people ever. I want to shroom one morning and go to his temple. That would be one unforgettable experience.

--------------------
"You know the wisdom is reflected the knowledge when its manifested, If not fed in due time the mind is anorexic." - Cormega

OfflineUpSwell
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: hpnotiq]
    #3788312 - 02/16/05 06:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Mushrooms are easier and more fun.

I've never heard, talked to, or read something by a person who does drugs and supposedly has something to offer from their trips that ever meant SQUAT, except to that person.

That feeling of connectedness, of one-ness, that sensation of vital IMPORTANCE, that stuff is nice.  But it doesn't really mean anything.  Perhaps you can get some type of insight to yourself once in a while, and I have experienced this.  But to listen to a hippy prattle on and on about how their knowledge will change the face of mankind, I can't think of anything less relevant.

Once people start believing they are 'getting somewhere' with their drug use, is usually when you'll notice that these people become useless to their family, themselves and those around them.  "Hey, dude, I just did 20 hits of blot!"  Oh yeah, I can tell, you couldn't operate my front door.  :laugh:

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: UpSwell]
    #3797753 - 02/18/05 09:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The reason we prefer psychedelics to other methods is because psychedelics don't require effort or discipline and we are lazy people. It's like when Hunter Thompson talked about "... overeager hippies who thought they could buy peace and understanding for $5 a hit..."

I love psychedelics! Don't get me wrong. They are definitely what kicked my ass into it's current spiritual gear, but I know that I can't rely on them forever. When I'm dead, I won't be able to eat shrooms, so I have to find enlightenment BEYOND shrooms that I can take with me when I die.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: UpSwell]
    #3797814 - 02/18/05 10:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"That feeling of connectedness, of one-ness, that sensation of vital IMPORTANCE, that stuff is nice. But it doesn't really mean anything."

Who the hell are you to say this? What do you know? You can say it doesn't seem to mean anything to you, but you cannot tell me that everything in this universe isn't connected and in constant flux. And this stuff is important. If you think Quantum Physics doesn't really mean anything at all, well I shed a tear for you. The cutting edge of science is proving these things that all religions have been claiming for years and years, and if you think that all of it doesn't mean anything  :rolleyes:

Knowledge is power. Thought you could have learned something from Saturday Morning Cartoons.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineorichalc
Stranger

Re: why use psychedelics and not try to self-induced a better experience like meditating? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3797920 - 02/18/05 10:44 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i would say it is connected and in constant flux.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies