Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnOddLittlePlace
Novice Grower
 User Gallery

Loc: Tumble down shack in Bigf...
Innoculating tonight (update with pics)
    #3797701 - 02/18/05 09:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, inoculating my first group of jars (besides some Ecuador i was to excited to wait on and hastily shot up and subsequently fucked up) tonight.

They are Kerr half pint jars but i used tin foil lids. Pf tek (Brf/verm). I used NON organic brown rice that i ground up and medium grade vermiculite. Pced them all for an hour. I'm going to remove the top layer of tinfoil, inject them in 4 spots with 1cc of Golden Teacher spores, replace top layer of tinfoil and stick them in my incubator. The Incubator is tub in tub tek, with a 300w heater and a blanket on the top that keeps the temperatures between 85 (during the day) and 83ish(during the night).
Sound OK? Am i missing anything? Thanks everyone for the help now and all of the knowledge i have gained up to this point =)

--------------------

My mind was wandering like the wild geese in the West.

Edited by AnOddLittlePlace (02/22/05 02:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Innoculating tonight [Re: AnOddLittlePlace]
    #3797711 - 02/18/05 09:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds good. You have a top layer of verm above the substrate, right? If so, you don't need to replace the top foil layer. Just let it breathe, verm barrier never let me down once when I played with PF jars.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

#3797713 - 02/18/05 09:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

A lot of people have used non-organic brown rice, and more often than not they end up with no myc. Try if you don't mind experimenting with some spores

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

OfflineAnOddLittlePlace
Novice Grower
 User Gallery

Re: Innoculating tonight [Re: Holydiver]
    #3797714 - 02/18/05 09:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i have a top layer diver, thanks ill do that :smile:

I heard that the differences in what actually ended up in the non organic vs organic were minuscule...dont remember who said it, figured it wouldn't be a problem...eek

--------------------

Edited by AnOddLittlePlace (02/18/05 09:37 AM)

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

#3797725 - 02/18/05 09:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

try it... I hope I am wrong, but there have been 2 people in the last 2 weeks that didn't use organic BRF and they had no growth. I hope there methods were wrong. Best of luck

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

OfflineShrooms4Less
Shroom4Free
 User Gallery

Loc: Right Here
    #3797734 - 02/18/05 09:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Good Luck and Have a great time growing and a better time eating. Long live the SHROOM!!!!

--------------------
If your friend is already dead, and being eaten by vultures, I think it's okay to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him to do some tricks. But ONLY if you're serious about adopting the vulture. - Deep Thoughts (Saturday Night Live)

OfflineAnOddLittlePlace
Novice Grower
 User Gallery

Re: Innoculating tonight [Re: Damn_Skippy]
    #3815984 - 02/22/05 08:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Damn_Skippy said:
A lot of people have used non-organic brown rice, and more often than not they end up with no myc. Try if you don't mind experimenting with some spores

day 4, no growth, wish me luck.../sigh im trying rye next if i cant pull this off i think i can do magash's tek

--------------------

OfflineAnOddLittlePlace
Novice Grower
 User Gallery

#3817118 - 02/22/05 02:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry to bump my own thread again...but looks like growth on 10 of 11
jars !
Incubator Map

Bad quality pic of growth in question!

My mushroom statue from mexico, it fell off and the clowns died but the strong shroom lives on. Need to glue em back on

--------------------

Edited by AnOddLittlePlace (02/22/05 02:25 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder