Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

shrooms getting weaker?
    #3797307 - 02/18/05 06:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i've done shrooms six times now, and each time the trip gets weaker. its as if i'm getting a tolerance to it, but i've read that tolerance only lasts a few days, and all my trips have been two weeks or more apart.

the first time i tried them, i had 20g of fresh thai mushrooms and had quite a strong visual trip. the second time was 30g of mexicans, and this was considerably weaker. i tried several types of mushrooms, with doses of about 20-30g and each time the effects were weaker. the other day i had 40g of thai, and really didn't get much from it. a bit of a buzz, but no visuals or anything. should i just give up and stick to acid?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHintOfLife
Ridin Dirty'
Re: shrooms getting weaker? [Re: alsey]
    #3797381 - 02/18/05 07:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

40 grams? im assuming these are fresh, correct?....you might just be getting used to the mushroom experience so it seems as if the effects are dwindiling......good luck

--------------------
"I don't like people who take drugs... Customs men for example."
~ Mick Miller ~

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: shrooms getting weaker? [Re: HintOfLife]
    #3797453 - 02/18/05 07:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

im going with tolerance. just wait a month at least between trips.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: shrooms getting weaker? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3797472 - 02/18/05 07:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Definitely sounds like tolerance. Leave it longer between trips - also that way what you learned on the trip will have time to settle in!

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: shrooms getting weaker? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #3797497 - 02/18/05 07:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Tolerance could be a part of it, but dosing on fresh mushrooms could be a bigger part. The fresh doses you mentioned in the 20-40 gram range could all very well dry out to a few grams, or possibly less. Fresh dosing is totally unreliable, dosage wise. Look at these pics, and imagine how small even your 40 gram dose could have been in actuality.

75 grams wet:

The same batch, dried:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: shrooms getting weaker? [Re: alsey]
    #3797585 - 02/18/05 08:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

> i've read that tolerance only lasts a few days

I have read that the earth is flat, but that doesn't make it so.  :grin:

Everybody is different, and this is how it works for me.  My tolerance is near 100% for the first few days, but drops down to maybe 80% by the end of the first week.  Probably around 50% after two weeks, and down to around 15% after a month.  I doubt I drop down to baseline until two months have passed.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDuffmanooohyea
shroomapprentice
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms getting weaker? [Re: Seuss]
    #3797604 - 02/18/05 08:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you should dry out your shrooms and grind them up to make pills. you can do a eigth in a matter of seconds as opposed to eating them witch takes longer. the pills hit hard and quick, your will most def be in outerspace going that route.

--------------------
"Because you need me Springfield. Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals and rule you like a King!" Sideshow Bob

OfflineLe_Big_Mac
D-Unit

Loc: Eight miles high
Re: shrooms getting weaker? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3797635 - 02/18/05 09:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
Tolerance could be a part of it, but dosing on fresh mushrooms could be a bigger part.  The fresh doses you mentioned in the 20-40 gram range could all very well dry out to a few grams, or possibly less. Fresh dosing is totally unreliable, dosage wise.  Look at these pics, and imagine how small even your 40 gram dose could have been in actuality.

I'm with you on this one dude. I ate 75g fresh of cubensis last night hoping to achieve a level 4, or even level 5 trip. Nothing like this happened, and my experience could only really be attributed to level 3. No ego loss, but I did have some pretty stellar visuals...

Anyway, I've been giving it a lot of thought since then, it seems like you've just cleared up most of my misconceptions, thanks again.

Peace
:mushroom2:

--------------------
Be the fuck.

Edited by Le_Big_Mac (02/18/05 10:25 AM)

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: shrooms getting weaker? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #3797649 - 02/18/05 09:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Leave shrooms be for a month or so. Its happened to me before too. :thumbup: "you'll be fine"

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: shrooms getting weaker? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3797763 - 02/18/05 09:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, that is alot different from the roughly ten percent thing that wet is about ten percent dried. That is nowhere near ten percent. That is cool. I guess the moral is that you must dose dried to figure out exactly how much you are going to get, and then the alkaloid content is different from harvest to harvest to so...

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag