Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Vortex air entraiment
    #379678 - 08/27/01 12:11 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Alright I'm going to add to the ideas spawned from Mcmans hydro pod design. I've been kicking this idea around for about 2 weeks now. I want to try and design a system of air entraiment, in a circular terrarium (such as a modified bucket or drum), that uses a means of mixing air similar to that of a "Whirl Wind" vacuum cleaner. I want to try and get the air in the bottom to begin spiraling then be moved gradually up the chamber and out an air vent. But I'm gettin hung up on how to get the vortex of air formed. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Novelty

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Vortex air entraiment [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #379711 - 08/27/01 02:07 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

im mustering up the same concept inspired from one of Mc Mans Inventions/Innovations...

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

get all your supplies AND spores at a discount price!!! CLICK HERE!!!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleDidjeridoo
Stranger

Re: Vortex air entraiment [Re: 40oz]
    #379950 - 08/27/01 12:53 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Your dilemma is solved by the shape of the container itself! If the air source is directed so that it is aimed more 'ALONG' the circular wall of the container than at (perpendicular to it) it... it will travel 'around' and circle back. To achieve an upward spiral, just aim along the curved side and slightly upward.
Two issues that occur to me are 1) the source of the air will have to be relatively strong if you wish the 'current' you are creating to spiral all the way to the top of bucket. 2) Items placed in the container (perlite, trays, etc...) will obstruct and influence the travel path of the air current. I'm thinking that if you take the single air pump hose thats going into the bucket and use a splitter (bifurcate the line) to create two air output ends... then you could have one at the bottom of the bucket (aimed along/upward the curve) and the second air output end about midway up the bucket (aimed along/upward). This might allow the second air output end to augment and maintain the circular air flow all the way to the top of the bucket. Question where are you placing the exhaust valve?

Support the FSR:smile:

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Re: Vortex air entraiment [Re: Didjeridoo]
    #379957 - 08/27/01 01:03 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I'm gonna try and use a filtered cage blower in line with a cool mist humidifier, so there will be no perlite to worry about. The exhaust valve will be placed near the top of the container. Exactly where and at what angle will have to be worked out with the direction of the air flow.

Novelty

--------------------

InvisibleDidjeridoo
Stranger

#379961 - 08/27/01 01:12 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Consider a 'scoop' style outlet to collect/capture and vent the vortex current. Much the same as an air scoop functions on the hood of a car.

Support the FSR:smile:

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Re: Vortex air entraiment [Re: Didjeridoo]
    #379968 - 08/27/01 01:27 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

You read my mind. Thanx for the help with the air circulation problem. I'll get to workin on this thing and I'll post some pics when and if I get it up and running.

Novelty

--------------------

OfflineGiga_Funk
    #380041 - 08/27/01 03:38 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

That is a very popular(well to knife makes) forge design...the propane inlet is not angled though, its just made next to the wall of the pipe so that the pipe is a ramp for the heated air.the forge is a sideways pipe though.Dont have any idea to help you just wanted to let you know that you may get somewhere reseaching gas forge design....good luck

When tripping and frolicking with unicorns, do NOT,under ANY circumstance, let them persuade you to play the innocent childrens game "leapfrog"

--------------------
I believe in magick

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract