Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSoularize
insubordinate and churlish
Male

So, who's ever tripped at the zoo?
    #3796481 - 02/18/05 01:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm dying to know what the experience was like. On one hand, I think it would be the most spectacular trip, visually. On the other hand, seeing all the caged animals could have a horribly negative affect spiritually and emotionally.

--------------------
The man in the black pajamas, Dude. Worthy fuckin' adversary.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: So, who's ever tripped at the zoo? [Re: Soularize]
    #3796491 - 02/18/05 01:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It might be interesting at a low dose. Anything more then like 3g and I'm staying home.

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3796546 - 02/18/05 01:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

definately would be a sweet trip! that cage thing would only bother you if your like that(treehugger style), but otherwise you would marvel the beauty of the animals!

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3796551 - 02/18/05 01:57 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

What a novel idea! Of course, I'd probably zone out and fall into the penguin habitat.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3796563 - 02/18/05 01:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Soularize said:
On the other hand, seeing all the caged animals could have a horribly negative affect spiritually and emotionally.

Don't think of zoos as a place that animals are taken from their homes and caged up.  Most zoos now serve the purpose of saving endangered animals and speading knowledge to the public so we can appreciate and protect them.  It's far from a jail.  Many animals live much longer then they do in captivity then they do in the wild.  They don't have to compete for resources, they get medical attention when needed, and all their other needs are taken care of.  Some of the habitats that are created now a days are just phenomonal a represent the natural enviroment very well. 

I know a lot of people feel differently about zoos, but I spent 2 years as a assistant wolverine keeper and I'll tell you right now, the two wolverines that I worked with live a better life then I do :cool:.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: So, who's ever tripped at the zoo? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3796566 - 02/18/05 01:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

under water tunnel is where id be laying down(with seals swimming around)

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: So, who's ever tripped at the zoo? [Re: dobinky]
    #3796994 - 02/18/05 04:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dobinky said:
under water tunnel is where id be laying down(with seals swimming around)

Took the thought right out of my head!

--------------------
delta9

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: So, who's ever tripped at the zoo? [Re: delta9]
    #3797645 - 02/18/05 11:08 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah the underwater tunnel would be so fucking cool with all the fish swimming around you, you'd feel like you were underwater too!

It really depends on the zoo. Some are very good, and take very good care of their animals. Some zoos slack and there are dirty cages and miserable animals who can barely function. That kind of zoo would send me into a bad trip, but I love all life, not necesarily a tree hugger, but I recognize the inherent beauty in all creation and noncreation as it may be. Again, its all about the zoo, more successful ones take better care of their animals usually and you should have a great time tripping there. Of course, just seeing a bunch of caged animals can lead you to your own trapped existence inside your own mind. But that is something that would present itself on a higher dose more likely.
Just keep it low, like one to two grams and you should have a great time.

I bet the monkeys would be hilarious, just hope you don't get hit with a pile of shit!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: So, who's ever tripped at the zoo? [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3797654 - 02/18/05 11:12 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Never tried sounds pretty cool though.

--------------------

InvisibleSoularize
Male

Re: So, who's ever tripped at the zoo? [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #3797883 - 02/18/05 12:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah on a lower dose Im pretty sure I could enjoy the zoo. I live near one of the best zoo's in the world actually. I would personally stay the fuck away from the nocturnal house  :eek:

I would most likely spend alot of time in their greenhouse with all the tropical birds and plants hehe

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3798094 - 02/18/05 01:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think, since most animals at zoos look pretty sad and bored, that it wouldn't be as magical as you'd hope.

Now the aquarium! That's another story!!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleSoularize
Male

Re: So, who's ever tripped at the zoo? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3798350 - 02/18/05 02:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

How would the aquarium be any differnt in this instance though? You're still observing a bunch of creatures who have a small limited space to live in. The aquarium would be very cool though, a la some electric jellyfish  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

#3799829 - 02/18/05 07:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I find aquariums (or any underwater habitat) to be fascinating, and pretty trippy to begin with.  That's because you're literally looking into another world, one that is totally alien to us.  Heck, even looking at my fishtank is pretty good when I'm tripping!  :tongue2:

And I'll tell you what - if they had a few of these guys (cuttlefish) in there, I'm sold!

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

#3799942 - 02/18/05 08:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Had suggested this to a friend and thought it sounded cool too. Another friend though mentioned that he had tried it and couldn't focus on anything but the smell of all that shit. Something to think about if you don't like the smell of feces

Offlineerags
Get the most outof your gourd
 User Gallery

Re: So, who's ever tripped at the zoo? [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #3800488 - 02/18/05 09:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

We ran into a crazy dude at the zoo, who was obviously fucked up. He was yelling "I am communicating with the animals " at the gorilla habitat then he turns to my buddy next to me and says "You know what im talking about, man" He was right.

--------------------
http://www.bumwine.com/

InvisibleSoularize
Male

Re: So, who's ever tripped at the zoo? [Re: erags]
    #3802129 - 02/19/05 02:25 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I just have to indulge in telling an anecdote here. One time a friend of mine and I were on acid at another friend's house, and this guy happened to have one of those huge parrots (the kind you can teach words to and such). OK so we were on our come up, giggly bastards indeed, and we thought it would be interesting to observe this fine colorful specimen. hehe so we walk up to the cage and start talking to the bird, who correspondingly jabbers back at us. I started to move my body rhythmically, bobbing my head up and down and this parrot starts mimicking me like crazy, following my every move.

Ah i guess you had to be there...on acid lol. this was just one of those absurd moments that sent my friend and i into ecstatic laughter.

--------------------

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

#3802311 - 02/19/05 03:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, man - that sounds friggin hilarious! :rotfl:

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#3805791 - 02/20/05 04:16 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I was once at a small zoo on mushrooms.  Its a zoo thats in a big city park.  Anyway, the animals there were like Ox, reindeer, llamas and such.  We went at night and we had to hop over this wooden fence.  Anyway the first animal we saw was an ox, which my friends began taunting and yelling stuff at.  I went up to observe this creature and noticed that it looked very, very mechanical.  Like it was one of those robots made to look like animals in hollywood movies.  My friends managed to piss the oxen off, and it started dragging its front leg across the dirt, looking like it was getting ready to charge, very much like the charging rhino in Donkey Kong country 2.  My friend said that he wanted to grab his horn, and when he made to motion to reach towards the horn the ox flung his horn across the metal fence, like it was warning my friend "don't fuck around with me".  We then decided to continue and we were tripping at the fact that we couldnt see all the animals because alot of them were sleeping.  We did however see the reindeer.  We ran up towards their fence and started screaming.  There were about 8 female deer, which all jumped up in fear and proceeded to book it as far away from us as possible.  The one male reindeer we did see didnt run however, but stayed behind to stand up to us and look tough.  I could still tell however, that this male deer was scared shitless and was only acting upon his male egotistical instincs.  Im pretty sure I saw his front leg started shaking from nervousness, and he didnt even really face towards us.  The one male had to act liek the big man, to impress, or simply protect the female deer.

Whoa, what an amazing things to witness.  Me and my friends agreed that we sensed that same things from these animals.
Very interesting and fun indeed!

This is recommended to anyone that can visiy the zoo during closed hours and see these animals without having to be around other sober people.
We dont want anyone having a bad trip now do we?

:thumbup: :thumbup:! :laugh:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: So, who's ever tripped at the zoo? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3806282 - 02/20/05 12:21 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Its only bad if you let the people get to you. Take some sunglasses and a few joints, hopefully you don't get caught smoking. You should be fine , I am sure zoo people are probably getting high themselves. Heh, just kidding.

Only go to the zoo if you are conifident in your tripping ability, and believe you me it is an ability. You get better and better at it.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience