Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
The uncomunicatable
    #3796188 - 02/18/05 01:00 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

These words do us no justice.Even face to face, we as humans can only draw a ruff picture of what we want to communicate. Like that scene in Waking life, wher the lady is talking about how if you say the word ~Love to someone.
The other person takes that, and interprets it to their own definition. They look back on their own experiences and remember their own love, or lack of love.
Its just a weird thing. We humans think were so smart, with our words, but the words are so... meaningless in the scheme of things.
We can chatter all we want here on the shroomery, but the real essence isn't in the talk. Its in the unity that we feel as shroomerites. What keeps us all here is that connection, that we can't express in words.

I love most of you. My brethren.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: The uncomunicatable [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3796201 - 02/18/05 01:02 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Love you too babe! I feel the same way about my fellow pubbers.
Kristi

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Offlinedigitalcube
would u likesome dolphinsafe tuna
 User Gallery

Loc: la
Re: The uncomunicatable [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #3796242 - 02/18/05 01:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yall know im on this bitch way too much hehe peace

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: The uncomunicatable [Re: digitalcube]
    #3798478 - 02/18/05 02:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

waking life is a great movie. none of my friends liked it but thats because they dont understand "words" and the sentances that come from these words.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: The uncomunicatable [Re: danlennon3]
    #3798506 - 02/18/05 03:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: The uncomunicatable [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3798835 - 02/18/05 04:18 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I totally agree with you, but keep in mind that people today, don't make good use of the speech abilities.

For example, everyone tends to believe that the most important part of using words, lays in the actual choice of them and the correct construction of sentenses...

...when in fact, the most important thing is the WAY you will pronounce them and the actual feeling that you 're gonna supplly them with.

Listen to some Leary/McKenna speeches. If you concentrate on the way they pronounce the words, and the small time delay in the short breaks between them, you can reveal another way of using speech.

You can use it in such a way, that you don't need to specify and limit the meaning of words ,but rather leave them wide open via neutral expression and other tacticks ,in order to let the common values of words float all together and give the listener the freedom to see many perspectives of the discussion, speech, lecture.

This is particulary easy to achive, because of the nature of words. No matter what language you speak, the source of it's words and structure, was one mother language.
Thats the reason we find so many common words in all the languages of earth.

The pronounciation might be different from country to country, but ,hey its different within one country from place to place you we all know this.

We all speak the same language ,its just another evolutionary branch of it what we call "other language" the archetypes of the one mother language of all languages,is written deep in our DNA and if we stop infiltrating the things we hear by trying to undertand, then the meaning of what we hear can be revealed.

It is a common experience of many, that during the intoxication of psilocybian mushrooms and other strong psychoactives, to be able to undertand other languages+tribal dialects they had never even heard of.

Once i had this conversation with a linguist, a very passionated one, who devoted the last 20 years of his life studying the roots of the mother of all languages and he told me:
"I do not believe that the alphabet is a human invention....It's a pattern in nature, and occures just like mathematics, Humans haven't constructed anything, they just discover the coded symbols".

And it is pretty easy to proove this too. The mother of all languages is coded, he continued, if you learn the code (pretty simple, i just wont get into that now) you can break-down letter by letter any world you wish, and find out its meaning without having to know the world at all.

And we re talking about thousands of words.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: The uncomunicatable [Re: Sterile]
    #3798973 - 02/18/05 04:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

And people forget ACCENT way too much. I'll use caps to convey slight, slight accent, and show you my biggest speech pet peeve.

It should be "No no, not ONE fifty, but TWO fifty." Put the accent on the part that is important.

But people do this shit all the time "No not TWO fify, three FIFty."

My caps aren't meant to be yelling, but slight accent of the word. Drives me nuts.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Community >> The Pub