Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: St. John's Wort

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
Happiness is Overrated
    #3795842 - 02/17/05 11:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Happiness isn't all it's cracked up to be. Bright colors aside, it seems just like lies and disappointment; the meadow that's really a plateau before your cliff. Don't try to force yourself into happiness. Don't take pills, don't follow religions. Embrace bitterness and spit in the dirt and harden your soul and become the antagonist. Sacrifice yourself for safety. Happiness shouldn't be a pathetic attempt to please others. If one day, you walk into laughter, then do smile, don't smother happiness, but if you're sad, be sad and break and create things. Don't deny yourself the pleasure, oblivion of pain. Sadness is a weighty reminder of worthlessness, and that's an individual's greatest gift: insignificance. Eat up your trauma and destroy yourselves, milking emotions. Happiness is hard, fleeting work. Sadness a warm stone to lie on. Sure, depression is ridiculous. Those high kids moping, dragging their sight against the ground; it surely is funny to the centered mind; the displeasure seems so uncalled for. But everything should be uncalled for. Depression, a surprising, enveloping shadow. Laughter, the little stumble in your steps as you trip. Each with its own benefits and worth. I?m not saying to make yourselves unhappy, but don?t refuse it, it?ll just make things worse.

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: MisterKite]
    #3796868 - 02/18/05 03:36 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well it depends on what you mean by "forcing yourself into happiness" I must be misunderstanding because i learned to be happy from just thinking positive and reprogramming my brain.

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #3797001 - 02/18/05 04:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

fuck that, happiness is not overrated. to be happy is a great fucking thing. if you think happiness is overrated then those so called depressions you go through aren't bad enough. or maybe you haven't actually been happy. fuck.. i havent been happy in forever. overrated.. ha..

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3797131 - 02/18/05 05:21 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

are you a goth?

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3797187 - 02/18/05 06:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yeah i bet he is, at least his attitude.. sounds goth to me. fucking completely pessimistic.. it's like those goth kids on southpark.. pretty stupid..

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineWiserGod
Stranger
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: Locus]
    #3797683 - 02/18/05 11:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

he prolly just got dumped by his girlfriend or something

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: WiserGod]
    #3797794 - 02/18/05 12:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

he thinks like my (ex)gf

very self destructive....i dont get it

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineTrespasser
Stranger
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: Vulture]
    #3798234 - 02/18/05 01:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't agree that happiness is overrated but I do find similarities between what MisterKite says and my own thoughts. I'm talking from the perspective of a normal healthy mind, extremes like depression may require medical aid and isn't just something it's possible to think oneself out of. But for the rest of us...

There isn't just happiness and good times to life, everyone has realized this, but the sad and mellow parts of ones life is to be experienced as much as the fun ones. At least I find that it give me much in return to not try to flee and combat these feelings, but instead try to be engulfed by them, feel them and view my situation and life from that perspective. For me, the sadness never seem to last more than just a few days, after which I'm usually more relaxed and in a better mood than I was before.

/ Martin

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: Trespasser]
    #3798262 - 02/18/05 02:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i used to be sad everyday. if i could be sad everyday then why couldn't i be happy everyday eh? its all in your decisions

Edited by p4kSouL (02/18/05 02:22 PM)

OfflineTrespasser
Stranger
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3798341 - 02/18/05 02:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

But ones feelings are mere a reflection of the happenings and circumstances that surrounds one. For me, thinking "positive" thoughts hasn't had any longterm effects. They've made it easier to fall asleep some nights, but in the long run I've had to figure out what people I like, what I like to do and on what I want to put my energy. My experience is that only when I've actually done something, and made some changes in my life (like moving to a new city), has my mind changed, for the most part to the better.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: Trespasser]
    #3798658 - 02/18/05 03:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Trespasser said:
But ones feelings are mere a reflection of the happenings and circumstances that surrounds one. For me, thinking "positive" thoughts hasn't had any longterm effects. They've made it easier to fall asleep some nights, but in the long run I've had to figure out what people I like, what I like to do and on what I want to put my energy. My experience is that only when I've actually done something, and made some changes in my life (like moving to a new city), has my mind changed, for the most part to the better.

yes your right you cant just think your way through it you have to DO IT. thinking positive will give you more confidence and ability to actually CHANGE your life for the better.

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3798667 - 02/18/05 03:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tasty_Smurf_House said:
are you a goth?

Probably just a unhappy person, I imagine....

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3801576 - 02/19/05 12:58 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

happiness promotes idleness. Throughout human history, the people who accomplished the greatest things were never truely happy..

Good post.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: Catalysis]
    #3801680 - 02/19/05 01:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Catalysis said:
happiness promotes idleness. Throughout human history, the people who accomplished the greatest things were never truely happy..

People that are happy don't need to accomplish something great so don't really put the effort into it. happy is an emotion. it is just as powerful as sadness and anyone can accomplish anything great if they put there mind too it. mainly people that are negative believe if they put all there devotion in to specific things they will eventually expect a reward at the end. Negativity can be a booster to succeeding in the EGO world but you have to ask yourself is it really worth it?...

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: Catalysis]
    #3802599 - 02/19/05 06:28 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

no, it's stupid.. yes these people were not happy and i understand them as i have similar qualities.. the most creative minds usually have very strong psychological faults as well.. and i bet if they could be happy they would certainly choose that over their times of desperate despair and agony.. anyway, im not getting into all of that.. but on the subject of happiness and sadness.. when you're at a point when you are so unhappy that suicide is constantly looking like your only option because you can't live in such unhappiness then you're going to want to be happy and such is the case for me for a long time.. and many of the most creative minds have surely felt this way as well.. who the fuck wants to live in pain all the time???? that is hell... you have go to be a fucking idiot to say happiness is overrated because it's when you feel good and everyone naturally strives to feel good.. to feel content..

--------------------

Edited by Locus (02/19/05 06:38 AM)

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
    #3802784 - 02/19/05 10:40 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

To tell you the truth, I've always found a certain creativity and lack of latent inhibition in depression... but I'd give ANYTHING (excluding body parts) to be happy and feel great.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: Society]
    #3805458 - 02/20/05 02:22 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, I do agree.

--------------------

Offlinegrphish
the Modern dayPacman

#3807160 - 02/20/05 05:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

sometimes im so happy i feel stupid and 'one of them'
depression makes you feel special and more intellect
some people like it..

--------------------
BoUnCy BaLL IS All SoUrCe OF LIGhT AnD HaPPiNeSS!!~! *bEEP* *beEP*

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: grphish]
    #3807915 - 02/20/05 07:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

some people like it..

Yes, I googled SJW and this website full of people's experiences with the herb came up. The host of the website said that she sometimes would stop taking St. John's Wort hoping to get the feeling of depression back again for a short amount of time. While I doubt few genuinely enjoy being chronically depressed, it definately is a "special" feeling in comparison to feeling happy and being "one of them" as you put it. Variety of emotion is probably a key to good mental health.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Happiness is Overrated [Re: grphish]
    #3807964 - 02/20/05 08:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

grphish said:
sometimes im so happy i feel stupid and 'one of them'
depression makes you feel special and more intellect
some people like it..

fucking emos!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: St. John's Wort

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being