Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
sloppy and no sterilization test with verm casing
    #379239 - 08/26/01 12:47 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I did a super unsterilized casing, just to test out how sloppy i can be and get away with it on a single verm casing inside a small styrophome cooler. Anyways before hand, i ended up just washing my hands with soap. Put a layer of verm down on the bottom, sprayed it down a bit. Next i took the 2 ecudor cakes, from multi spore innoc, out of the jar and cut them in half. I then placed the 4 cake halves in the my cooler. I then used my hands to transport dry verm right from the bag on top the of substrate. I applied about a half inch layer. I gave it a super duper spray down, and let it sit. That was on wednesday. Sunday morning, today, i opend it up to give it its daily misting, and noticed a few pins. Hopfully there will be a shitload of pins by tonight. Ill try and post pics.
-baraka

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: sloppy and no sterilization test with verm casing [Re: baraka]
    #379256 - 08/26/01 01:01 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Isnt it great to know you can be a dirty hobo and still grow shrooms?

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
    #379470 - 08/26/01 07:01 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

My friend did kind of the same thing...
Cased one cake, just sterilized her hands and sprayed lysol in the room. Then, she put an inch of moist verm, on the bottom of a lysol-sterilized container, then crumbled the cake, then another layer of verm (1-2 an inch). The verm was not sterilized. She was about to put plastic-wrap over the top of it, when all of a sudden she knocked the casing into the sink, and half of it spilled out. All she did was scoop everything back into the container. There was cake at the top now, so she pushed it down a bit and covered with verm again... We'll see if anything good comes out of this casing..

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: sloppy and no sterilization test with verm casing [Re: Shiznitz]
    #379513 - 08/26/01 08:04 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Ya, im in no way supporting dirty cultivation practices, but i was in a hurry and i just wanted to see, i guess u can be pretty sloppy with verm casings and come out alright :).
-baraka

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineBeatnik
addict
Loc: Australia
    #379553 - 08/26/01 09:10 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Ive always used unsterilised verm when casing with verm and have never had a problem. I figured it was because verm is totally inert hence has no nutritional base for contams. The same reason PF uses it for the air barrier.

Milk my prostate with your tongue or give ralphster your spore prints. its your choice.

--------------------
Support the FSR

I toss, there for i am.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: sloppy and no sterilization test with verm casing [Re: Beatnik]
    #379742 - 08/27/01 04:22 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

The problem is verm can contain contam spores, then the only thing they need is to be in contact with a nutricious material, that nutricious material could be the spaw substrate in between the verm. Anyway, everybody has its way.

Peace,
MAIA

"Houston, we have a problem... shrooms are over "
=)Free&Spread the Spores(=
Support the FSR

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds