Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefallingaway24
catatonic selfmedicator
my casing went down hill..
    #3794723 - 02/17/05 07:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

so basically i made a casing with coir and verm, things were looking pretty good, it pinned pretty evenly with lots of pins. there were 2 shrooms that just exploded with growth and i picked them, and out of the rest of the pins it seems as if only 2 other mushrooms are growing, and they are growing very slowly. i don't have a camera so i'm going to try and explain whats going on with the 2 that are still slowly growing....when i look at them it looks like the caps are shedding almost, there are noticible layers of white "skin" if you will on them and the bases keep getting fatter or wider i guess, but its not getting any taller just wider, and the shroom is only an inch and a half tall. if anyone can make any sense of that i'd appreciate some input.

--------------------
"Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the bottles." ~drugstore cowboy~

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
Re: my casing went down hill.. [Re: fallingaway24]
    #3794772 - 02/17/05 08:18 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

decrease moisture level, increase gas echange.

what method do u use to mist/ echange gas??

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

OfflineVictor
Here To Help
Re: my casing went down hill.. [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #3794777 - 02/17/05 08:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i had fat-asses before..the stem ended up being the size of the caps, it was really weird....i found out that it was just a retarded strain...i dont know about yours though...whats your growing conditions as of now ? humidity, temp, etc. ?
-Victor

Offlinefallingaway24
catatonic selfmedicator
Re: my casing went down hill.. [Re: Victor]
    #3794834 - 02/17/05 09:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i'm pretty sure its not the strain, because the ones that did develop all the way looked just fine. my setup is something i created that i'd never heard of, basicaly i have a heat pad sitting on a shelf, and on top of the heat pad is a fairly large bowl filled about a quarter way up with water, and in the bowl with water is just a stand that i put my casing on. i have one more clear plastic bowl that i turn upside down and use it for a lid, i'm not sure what the exact enviornment is inside, because its to small for me to put my temp/humidity device inside, but the clear plastic bowl on top stays pretty wet, its always filled with moisture or whatever on it. and as for gas exchange, that just consists of me taking the lid off and wiping all the water off the inside of the lid. hope that kind of helps ya figure out whats going on.

--------------------
"Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the bottles." ~drugstore cowboy~

Offlinefallingaway24
catatonic selfmedicator
Re: my casing went down hill.. [Re: fallingaway24]
    #3794837 - 02/17/05 09:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

by the way i'm not realy sure how to go about lowering the humidity because my heat pad is on the lowest setting.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation