Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Leaving on Vacation
    #3794651 - 02/17/05 07:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

[Sorry for the repost, but I originally posted very eary this morning and it got pushed back before anyone could reply.]

Well, I managed to get 3 healthy half-pint PF cakes to fruit from a starting pool of 9 on my first grow. One of the cakes has a dozen fruits so far, all nearing maturity. The other two cakes have only a handful of fruits, none larger than 2cm. This is their first flush.

Problem is, I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday. I'd planned this all to be finished by now when I started in December, but I made mistakes and ran into hang-ups and so here we are.

My question is, what should I do with the cakes before I leave? Should I harvest all the fruits and leave them in the terrarium with a little reservoir of water in the bottom to keep the humidity up? Should I only harvest the one cake that's gotten the furthest? Or should I pick everything and put the cakes in ziplocks in the refrigerator for the week? If I left them in the terrarium, nobody would be able to come by and fan & mist them everyday. They'd have to sit alone.

Thanks in advance!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Man Behind the Harmonica

Loc: Somewhere I Have Always B...
Re: Leaving on Vacation [Re: boise]
    #3794666 - 02/17/05 07:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You can place the cakes right in the fridge with the shrooms on them.I use to grow invitro and i use to grow a jar out,then place it in the fridge.whenever i wanted to i would simply remove one of the cajkes,pick a few shrooms,then place the cake back in its jar,( i also placed in a ziplock around the jar) and put it back in the fridge.I would do this with enough jars to last for 6 months and never had a problem.

-I Lied and Told Her I Loved Her...She Didn't Care,But Anyway.......

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation