Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
gloom and doom about the end, 2012, etc...
    #3793826 - 02/17/05 05:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Here's why it seems way off to me. We're nowhere near a crisis point today as we have been in the past. If those things from the past, WWI, WWII, The Cold War, didn't end up fixing mankind, or breaking mankind, why should it look that way now? I'm fine. You've got internet connection, you're fine. You're not in a trench waiting to make a suicide run into enemy machine gun fire. You're not waiting in line about to be cooked in an oven. There's no B52s flying around the perimeter of the soviet bloc with an neutron bomb in the hatch. How many people died in 9/11? 3,000? How many Iraqis have died? 20,000? On Average how many Israelis get suicide bombed each week? 5? You know how many kids were dieing in Vietnam every day in 1976? Like 200. You know how many jews were starved or tortured to death in WWII? 5 mil. You know how many soviet citizens died in WWII? 20 mil. How many troops died in Fallujah? 200? You know how many Americans died at Gettysburg? Wasn't it like 600,000?

I have to admit I agree with Swami when he was comparing current ease of living with like 200 years ago. Even villagers in India and Africa have it good compared with like life in feudal Europe. We are fine today. I mean, I'm not fine, I have personal issues, but I'm not in danger. and ok the country's goten weird since 9/11 but really, if you take off the tinfoil hat you'll see we're not that different from 12 years ago, from Reagan/Bush. life goes on alright. 8 years from now? I don't know but it in a relative way it looks like smooth sailing as far as <i>my</i> eye can see.

If it takes a war with more suffering than anything we've seen before then we're in trouble, but I think the world's got so many safeguards and checks now, it just seems unlikely. This isn't Star Wars.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: gloom and doom about the end, 2012, etc... [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3793853 - 02/17/05 05:06 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

the Mayans calender in one complete cycle, takes many years..

the Gregorian calender (the one you and me use?) in one complete cycle, takes 12 months..

now December, the end of time.. for us..
and 2012, the end of time.. for the Mayans (and us?)

happy 'new year' anyone? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: gloom and doom about the end, 2012, etc... [Re: Gomp]
    #3793889 - 02/17/05 05:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Honestly, people should look up the Hopi Prophecies.

I know the end is soon from my own visions. It is going to be one last great bubble of evil before evil will be eradicated. Many will die, it is that simple. People won't learn, they like thier power and thier money and thier lust, but we forget that Love is what makes us. Untill we realize and transcend the ignorance that Love is enough, we will suffer. If we do not suffer, we cause others to suffer and since all people are one, that is you sufferring as well.

--------------------
Agent 727

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3793909 - 02/17/05 05:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Your point of view seems to be really selfish. "We are fine today"? By "we", do you mean us humans? Cuz if you do, we are really not fine, a large percentage of humans live in poverty, die of hunger, of easily curable diseases, of aids, and yes, of wars and conflicts. We are fine you say?? Gosh, get your head out of your ass and your ass out of the fog.

Don't you know that globalisation of the economy is globalisation of poverty and inequality?

That being said, people have to stop talking about change being negative. Change doesn't have to be tragic, like a world war, change can be very peaceful and calm, if we're responsible enough we can make it happen like that...or not, up to us.

--------------------

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: gloom and doom about the end, 2012, etc... [Re: exclusive58]
    #3793954 - 02/17/05 05:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
Your point of view seems to be really selfish. "We are fine today"? By "we", do you mean us humans? Cuz if you do, we are really not fine, a large percentage of humans live in poverty, die of hunger, of easily curable diseases, of aids, and yes, of wars and conflicts. We are fine you say?? Gosh, get your head out of your ass and your ass out of the fog.

Don't you know that globalisation of the economy is globalisation of poverty and inequality?

That being said, people have to stop talking about change being negative. Change doesn't have to be tragic, like a world war, change can be very peaceful and calm, if we're responsible enough we can make it happen like that...or not, up to us.

You are correct in everything you speak of. Capitolism is actually a form of slavery. The rich and powerful enslave us with thier power and pull on us, the rich are enslaved by fear that they have to cover themselves up and act in secret or else we will open our eyes and realize that this is system and society is bogus and run by nothing else but greed.

The truth is that we cause all of our agony on ourselves and we actually go as far as to accept the world the way it is with it's ecconomy, although it means slavery. Open up your eyes, Questions_For_Joo, you are a slave. A slave that works for worthless sovereignly ordained dollar amounts. Realize how everything you work (sell yourself) for is spent as soon as you get it and that which you save will be spent as well.

In this system, we are nothing but numbers in the pocket of the secret rich and powerful class. Beware - and may eyes be openned.

--------------------
Agent 727

Re: gloom and doom about the end, 2012, etc... [Re: exclusive58]
    #3794039 - 02/17/05 05:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:

I'm not saying everyone's fine. What I am saying is that now, as forever in the past of human history, some people are doing good for themselves, some people are in poverty, hungry, without medicine, and most people are doing alright. You sound like the snob to me, assuming that just cause you don't have a television set you must be depressed. The country is the country and the city is the city in America, as in the UK as in Brazil as in China as in Australia.. most people are doing alright compared to the terrible things that have happened in human history.

--------------------

Re: gloom and doom about the end, 2012, etc... [Re: MAGnum]
    #3794074 - 02/17/05 05:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Open up your eyes, Questions_For_Joo, you are a slave. A slave that works for worthless sovereignly ordained dollar amounts. Realize how everything you work (sell yourself) for is spent as soon as you get it and that which you save will be spent as well.

In this system, we are nothing but numbers in the pocket of the secret rich and powerful class. Beware - and may eyes be openned.

Open your eyes Magnum, we're not all out to get you.. I work for credit which can be exchanged for goods and services.

I started working bagging groceries for $6/hour. I didn't hate the supermarket and I didn't hate the US Govt or the Mystery Elite Squad. Now I am making more and I still don't hate anyone less or more. There is no Illuminati. Who are they? Bill Gates? He didn't get laid till he was 22 but he knew computers. He busted his balls. John Kerry? Kerry worked hard at school. He did community service. He started off as a town council member or some shit. Some corporate CEO? These guys spent hours on their homework assignments for Business Basics 103 at the college they went to. People work hard, they climb ladders. Get over it, they aren't trying to enslave humanity, they aren't plotting to install a microchip in your brain, they're just trying to be good at what they do.. If you change your perspective you'll find you're a happier person.

--------------------

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3794470 - 02/17/05 07:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I never said I hate anything. I simply said that the rituals we follow are produced of evil. I started working for $6.25 an hour at my first job as well and it was very heavy. Out of all my Jobs that was still my favorite one because of various reasons. But that doesn't make capitolism good. Because I was able to earn doesn't make capitolism good.

What about pollution, strait up slavery, war and bad health? These are some of the side effects by the way people live today. Unless we really change, we are doomed to torment ourselves and ruin the earth.

You are right that they are not "trying" to enslave humanity, but humanity is already enslaved, my friend. Carl Marx was right when he said that the combined happiness and contentment of capitolism is based on the misery of others toward the lower class spectrum. You might fall in as one of the "content" people, but even the rich and content are enslaved by greed and the ignorance that Love isn't enough. It's not as much that people are out to get each other, but it is more people ritualizing greed in every mechanism of society including church, military, hospitals, school, homes, cars, etc.

I am not asking that you hate your surroundings because life is Good! I am simply saying that you and everyone need to wake up and bring balance back to society so that everyone in all differant nations are equal, other wise WE WILL DESTROY OURSELVES! If the threats of pollution aren't bad enough, wait till the trees all get sick and die from toxic rain. We'll all be swimming in our own piss, my friend, and the reality of our poison has come a-knockin and it will come in.

--------------------
Agent 727

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: gloom and doom about the end, 2012, etc... [Re: MAGnum]
    #3794692 - 02/17/05 07:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I love how people think that because we have designer clothing, and Americal Idol, life is fine. Thinking that we are fine now, because millions of people have died in the last 100 years stupid. Even though you were not alive, these are all considered recent events, and we have not become one as a world, we have not solved world hunger, and we do not have world peace...even though vietnam was deadly, and you have a playstation 2.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Re: gloom and doom about the end, 2012, etc... [Re: tak]
    #3794869 - 02/17/05 09:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I dunno if your agro is directed at me or at Magnum but I just want to set the record that I don't own a Playstation 2, I recycle everything I can, I have ridden my bicycle about the same distant as I have used a car (not couting highway trips), I feel for everyone who has it bad in any way, my workplace is killing me for psychological reasons but I keep going cause I'm saving up to get a cabin/farm in the woods someplace, and I'm just saying to me there is nothing building which looks as cataclysmic as things which humanity has seen in its past.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
    #3794954 - 02/17/05 09:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

are you typing this at this library?

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #3795049 - 02/17/05 09:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
the Mayans calender in one complete cycle, takes many years..

the Gregorian calender (the one you and me use?) in one complete cycle, takes 12 months..

now December, the end of time.. for us..
and 2012, the end of time.. for the Mayans (and us?)

happy 'new year' anyone? :P

you mean happy 'New Age'. The mayan calendar is in its sitxh sun i beleive. The 2012 date signals the end of this age and some crazy astranomical events that will take place. should be interesting. nothing to fear, but something to be aware of.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3795081 - 02/17/05 09:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Take a look at the human race. Take a look at the human race in the past 50 years. The attrocities committed are on a unseen scale. 50 million dead in USSR. over 100 million dead in WWII. The nuclear bombing of a nation. The genocide in vietnam and cambodia. The turmoil in the mideast. Sure this has happened in the past but not at a rate like this. The Spanish Inquisition could only hope to kill millions of people like now.

The human race is going to destroy itself. Its only a matter of time before they drop the bomb and its good bye world. Either way you look at the next 20 years will see drastic changes.

All i hope is that the people on this forum and including myself will survive what is going to happen to the human race in the next 20 years.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3797190 - 02/18/05 06:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"most people are doing alright compared to the terrible things that have happened in human history."

ok, so the fact that you are personally doing alright means that most people are doing alright? the fact that you are not personally affected by poverty or inequality means that most people aren't?

I think that one of the most probable chaotic event that could happen in the future is the mass rebellion of third world populations against the Occident, because they're sick of your kind of mentality, they're sick of being exploited, they're sick of the lack of solidarity from our part...hopefully by then you'll really understand that everything is not fine.

hey sorry if i'm coming out harsh, don't take it personally, its just your judgements i'm attacking, and hopefully you and your judgements don't make one.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3797216 - 02/18/05 06:46 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
If it takes a war with more suffering than anything we've seen before then we're in trouble, but I think the world's got so many safeguards and checks now, it just seems unlikely.  This isn't Star Wars.

I think taking a look into peak oil might raise some concerns for what could possibly be a major, world-wide problem resulting in millions, perhaps billions of deaths...  Informative Peak Oil Website

Excerpt:
Oil will not just "run out" because all oil production follows a bell curve. This is true whether we're talking about an individual field, a country, or on the planet as a whole. 

Oil is increasingly plentiful on the upslope of the bell curve, increasingly scarce and expensive on the down slope. The peak of the curve coincides with the point at which the endowment of oil has been 50 percent depleted. Once the peak is passed, oil production begins to go down while cost begins to go up.

In practical and considerably oversimplified terms, this means that if 2000 was the year of global Peak Oil, worldwide oil production in the year 2020 will be the same as it was in 1980. However, the world?s population in 2020 will be both much larger (approximately twice) and much more industrialized (oil-dependent) than it was in 1980. Consequently, worldwide demand for oil will outpace worldwide production of oil by a significant margin. As a result, the price will skyrocket, oil-dependent economies will crumble, and resource wars will explode.

Before downplaying the consequences of peak oil, please research and consider just how intricately dependant our civilization is on oil, how difficult it would be to change our infrastructure to another viable resource (keeping in mind that no current combination of resources can fufill our demands of oil, not to mention how much time is needed to do as compared to how much time we have to do so), and how many of the world's population completely relies on oil for their existance.....

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: gloom and doom about the end, 2012, etc... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3797705 - 02/18/05 11:33 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Technology got us into this mess, and technology will be what gets us out of it.

Do not fear, our saviour is gestating in the womb of science.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology