Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinechrismtb
Stranger
cramped mushrooms
    #3793350 - 02/17/05 02:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have two styrofoam coolers with 6 cakes in each. The first flush of mushrooms is growing and some of the mushrooms are getting close to hitting the sides of the terrarium, drip shield or other mushrooms/cakes. Is it OK for the mushrooms to touch each other or anything else? Will this cause bruising? Would it be damaging for me to attempt to move or rotate the cakes? Any advice would be helpful.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineUnderground_Shaman
Creator
Re: cramped mushrooms [Re: chrismtb]
    #3793372 - 02/17/05 02:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ideally, the shrooms shouldn't touch wet surfaces. but, generally speaking, it is not going to ruin them.

if they start to look bruised or soggy, go ahead and pick them if it makes you nervous.

when cakes are grown out, the shrooms can get intertwined, and moving the cakes can cause shrooms to come off, perhaps prematurely.

my advice would be to relax, breathe, and thank your lucky stars you've gotten this far. you'll be tripping soon...

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: cramped mushrooms [Re: chrismtb]
    #3793556 - 02/17/05 03:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

chrismtb said:
I have two styrofoam coolers with 6 cakes in each.  The first flush of mushrooms is growing and some of the mushrooms are getting close to hitting the sides of the terrarium, drip shield or other mushrooms/cakes. [/qoute]

Well I wouldnt worry about the cakes touching and possible browing together, it actually could hurt letting the cakes toucha bit, and maybe intertwine and exchange nutrients could benefit all the cakes if they are all nice, and you dont keep them so close it craps a single cakes area to grow, but even that wouldnt be too much of a problem, as far as hitting the sides, personal experience has led me to believe that it doesnt effect the shoom negativly, it will usually bend towards the light
Quote:

chrismtb said:
Is it OK for the mushrooms to touch each other or anything else?  Will this cause bruising?  Would it be damaging for me to attempt to move or rotate the cakes?  Any advice would be helpful.

Yes, not anything else, perlite - no - drip shield -possibly-, sides of styrafoam,-nope-

possibly, touching the cakes atleast in my experience has caused mushrooms to tend to not grow in the area i touch even with lysoled gloves on.

Im not aware of your whole setup, but perlite worked awesome pf-Tek style on my syro-grow chambers, actually I never used a drip shield but im gonna try it my next grow

ohh ya sending prints too needy people couldnt hurt once the grow pans out for ya :wink: :thumbup: :mushroom2: :cool:

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation