Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemmarc
Strangler
Loc: new york
good location or not?
    #3784454 - 02/15/05 04:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i know, i know, everyone's different...but im asking for advice, not a definite answer.

i dont really have access to a home where theres no one around for long periods of time. im around the new york area, and for my first trip, the plan so far is:

-me and my girlfriend, both never tripped
-i believe i am as mentally prepared as i can be, i have been reading up on the issues for months
-2.5 dried each
-central park

for those of you that dont know the details, central park is a huge park (around 50 blocks tall) in mid/uptown manhattan filled with fields, paths, secluded areas, and....
a lot of people.

i think i would be able to avoid contact with people, and it would be during daylight so i dont have to worry about getting mugged, being offered drugs by some shady bum (how ironic..) or any other awkward situations. i'm just asking everyone's opinion on if this would be a good place to trip for my first time. its a gorgeous park with vast expanses and trees and grass everywhere. let me know what you all think

-marc

--------------------
penelope shoot the apple off my head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Loc: -tite Flag
Re: good location or not? [Re: mmarc]
    #3784600 - 02/15/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You seem to be worried about people. If you can keep to yourselves, I think you'll be OK. I'm a little worried about the dosage level for a first time. maybe 1.5 or 2 for a first time esp. in an insecure place.
Good luck
nos

--------------------

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
Re: good location or not? [Re: NOS4A2]
    #3784975 - 02/15/05 06:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

should be fun. about an hour into in you'll want to explore. after your time in the park, hit up the art museum. just don't get ran over crossing street. the decision making process on shrooms can be a bitch.

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
Re: good location or not? [Re: gema]
    #3785054 - 02/15/05 06:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Everything sounds fine to me except Central park is questionable. During the day though, it would probably be fine. I couldn't exactly tell you b/c its your first trip, but it should be ok so long as you guys dont make a scene. Just dont get lost though. And if you're really not sure, just find a better place. But I think 2.5 g should be an ok dose for a first time.

--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: good location or not? [Re: F0SS1L]
    #3785495 - 02/15/05 07:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like you should have a good time.
Find a nice place where you and your girlfriend can lay down, and won't be disturbed. But being disturbed while tripping are so of my most memorable experiences while out in a public place. It can be fun to see a guy with a blurred breast tat and a wife beater on with a giant purple dog(that was a good time.) Anyway, enjoy yourself and just let it be.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: good location or not? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3789272 - 02/16/05 12:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I know Me personally, I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself in a park with other people. I mean, i could to some extent. But when i trip, i like to completely let go and fully immerse myself.

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offlinemmarc
Strangler
Re: good location or not? [Re: Great Scott]
    #3791516 - 02/17/05 01:44 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well i plan on secluding myself as best as possible from normal society and finding a closed off area for me and her. i will have my best friend who has shroomed before as a sitter, which is now a great added bonus as far as not acting like an idiot is concerned.

--------------------

Invisiblehellbender

#3791654 - 02/17/05 02:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If it's going to be you and your girlfriend and the first time for both of you, I'd suggest finding a cheap motel room somewhere.  Bring some sort of entertainment along and your friend as well if you still think you'll need a sitter.  Just let him know ahead of time that you'll want some privacy at some point and will repay the favor later. :wink:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: good location or not? [Re: hellbender]
    #3793154 - 02/17/05 11:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This is his first trip. You really think he will be able to concentrate on "being" with his girlfriend? Don't get me wrong, sex on psychedelics is mindblowing, but I could never have fucked on my first couple of trips. One must first get used to the psychedelic mindstate. I would suggest just chilling for this trip, the outdoor location will be about a million times better than a motel room. Nature is king.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

Offlinemmarc
Strangler
    #3793593 - 02/17/05 01:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah having sex isnt my biggest concern for this trip. even if it came down to it, i have a place in the city but i want to avoid it due to roommates. even though all this advice varies, thanks for it anyway everybody. i think i'll do just fine (famous last words)...

im usually a calm and collected person, i dont think i'll be making a scene. plus i dont think my friend is even going to smoke before sitting, he's just going to bring a book or two and enjoy the company. he's cool like that.

as for going to Met while shrooming, the guards that bug you for a "recommended donation" make me so uncomfortable even when i smoke, i dont want to deal with them. if i could get past that huge bugged out room right at the entrance....

well anyway, you'll all be reading about it the next day

thanks
marc

--------------------

Offlinetomas
half scientist,half monkey

#3793617 - 02/17/05 01:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Central Park sounds like a wonderful location, you'll be fine. And as gema sugested, if you feel confident around strangers (perhaps way into the peak, once you're sure it's not going to go higher) you may want to hit the Guggenheim or the Metropolitan.

BTW, has anyone visited an art museum while tripping? I do visit museums very often, but never high, so far.. I think it may be a great experience if you can keep a low profile.

Invisiblehellbender

#3793633 - 02/17/05 02:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting you're in for a bunch of wild sex, but that after you'd been through your first experience together and had come down, you might want some privacy.

Nature is great, don't get me wrong. Just personally, I'd prefer somewhere as private as possible for a first time. Having your friend there sounds like a good idea though. You should have a blast. Let us know how it goes!

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
    #3793692 - 02/17/05 02:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Central park is definatly a big enought place to find a secluded spot, and there's nothing like tripping outside. The Babysitter is a great idea too. The only thing I might suggest is don't take your whole dose at one time, your first experience will be a lot crazier than you think, eat half and then if you're feeling good eat the rest. All in all it sounds great... have a fun time!

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3793860 - 02/17/05 03:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sure sounded like that but thats what I read into it. And did I say "wild"? :grin:

I hate it when my tripping group is broken up after the trip has ended. Seems to happen most every time as soon as we start coming down everyone wants to leave. There is always room for privacy, its called asking your sitter to step out or leave you alone for a little while. Like I said, many good experiences have come from outsiders, IMO.

--------------------

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #3794338 - 02/17/05 04:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

As for the suggestion about renting a cheap motel room... :thumbdown:

lol that is one of the worst environments I could imagine for tripping, let alone your very first trip. I really like the park idea; some of my most joyous times on acid were spent rolling around in fresh grasses  :thumbup:

I find with psychedelics that familiarity, or at least having access to it, is a nice thing. Im sure there are special places in Central Park where you've spent time before, and I'm envisioning you returning to these familiar places on the mushies, and having a whole new incredible feeling to associate with these already special places.

Anyways, you're gonna have one of the best times of your life...I have a really strong feeling (possible premonition) about this.

Enjoy

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Re: good location or not? [Re: Soularize]
    #3794388 - 02/17/05 04:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds good to me: both the dose and the setting. Just avoid people, and have fun.

I think 2.5 grams or possibly 3 is the perfect starting dose. For a male, I'm skin and bones (6' - 120 pounds ... hence username) and less than 2.5 grams does almost nothing for me. Not even threshold. So prepare yourself mentally (as it seems you have done), don't worry about other people, and HAVE FUN! Let us know how it goes.

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

Invisiblehellbender

Re: good location or not? [Re: Soularize]
    #3794630 - 02/17/05 05:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, it probably wasn't the best suggestion. Not an ideal setting at least, but it wouldn't bother me personally as long as I had some entertainment. It seemed like he had the park in mind only because tripping at home was out of the question. I thought a motel room sounded closer to being a place you can relax and not have to worry as much about interruptions, etc. But if a sitter will be there and a decent spot can be found, it should be a great time.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3800196 - 02/18/05 06:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i've been to central park. its a great park. i think it would be really neat to trip there. its beautiful and there's a lot of paths and plants and trees. DUDE, check out the statues...i think there's even an alice in wonderland statue. have fun.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder