Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: I bought a gun today :) [Re: Silversoul]
    #3792880 - 02/17/05 10:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There has to be a way to smoke pot thru a gun aswell.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Re: I bought a gun today :) [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3792882 - 02/17/05 10:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

where the hell do you get all your money from?

first you want to throw down 3K on some plot of sand in AZ....
now you spend $800 on a gun.

you claimed to have only worked three days this whole winter!?!?!

do you have a trust fund or something?

(please take no offense, im just wondering how you afford to vacation in mexico, buy acres of land and weapons w/ no income.)

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: I bought a gun today :) [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3792886 - 02/17/05 10:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
If you outlaw guns than only criminals will have guns.

Did I EVER say ANYTHING about outlawing guns?

No

I said HAND GUNS are made for killing people. If you have a hand gun your PRIMARY purpose is to shoot SOMEONE. For WHATEVER reason.

Owning a rifle or shotgun for HUNTING is AOK in my book. You can still use it for protection if you need to.

HAND GUNS are DANGEROUS.

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
Re: I bought a gun today :) [Re: niteowl]
    #3792953 - 02/17/05 10:55 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Handguns are fun, and I personally prefer them because I'm a weak girl, and to hold up a real rifle takes a lot of arm/shoulder/back strength. I like to use my colt 45 to shoot fruit and veggies at the gun range in my town, it helps feed the animals that night- and we all like to help the animals! You can blow up a lot of stuff with a .45!

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

OfflineKidShelleen
watch thesensations
    #3792960 - 02/17/05 10:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Actually, you also said:

"Owning a hand gun does not prevent crime, it causes crime."

Please cite some evidence. Any evidence.

You also said that:

"Hand guns are for people with little dicks and NO self-esteem."

This is simply a case of attacking your opponent personally because you can't make a rational argument against their position. Not that I really care what you think about my dick . . . In fact, I suggest you stop thinking about other people's dicks entirely.

KS

--------------------
"Who would be free themselves must strike the blow" -Lord Byron

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

x [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3792978 - 02/17/05 11:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

fear

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: I bought a gun today :) [Re: Hanky]
    #3792993 - 02/17/05 11:05 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hanky said:

I'm pretty sure I once saw video footage of soldiers in Vietnam doing just that.

--------------------

Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3792996 - 02/17/05 11:05 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

boooooom is right. if someone breaks into your house while you are at home its most likely that they just want to burgle you and either thought u were out or think u wont wake up. murders (esp inside your house) are very rare, burglaries are relatively common. it's not in a burglars interest to shoot you and if u dash down the stairs nekkid guns blazing you are MUCH more likely to get hurt than if u hide in the closet (behind your grow chamber perhaps!!) and pretend not to be in.

of course guns dont cause crime, but they do facilitate some of it - if you aint got a gun u cant shoot it! i agree that in the states, however, if you outlaw guns now, there are soooo many in circualtion that lots will end up in the hands of criminals (perhaps mentally unstable ones, which is a scary thought). if, however, you live somewhere where gun laws have always been quite restrictive then you find that gun crime is much much lower. that is not an option for the US now though, tis too late and thats a shame.

Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3793008 - 02/17/05 11:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

hanky said:

I'm pretty sure I once saw video footage of soldiers in Vietnam doing just that.

it's in the vietnam film "platoon" though blowing smoke through an open shotgun barrel, not a handgun.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: I bought a gun today :) [Re: KidShelleen]
    #3793014 - 02/17/05 11:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I guess that you have TONS of evidence that owning a hand gun actually PREVENTS crime. If EVERY one on the planet owned a hand gun .... will crime dissapear?....

I dont think so.

The whole point in owning a hand gun is to have a handy wheapon to shoot someone.

PERIOD

There isnt any other reason in having a HAND gun.

Owning a hand gun will not make you ANY safer. You may FEEL safer, but it is an illusion.

agr8fulchick... If you can shooot a .45 then Im sure you could shoot a .22 rifle just as easily.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3793024 - 02/17/05 11:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
I said HAND GUNS are made for killing people. If you have a hand gun your PRIMARY purpose is to shoot SOMEONE. For WHATEVER reason.

A few things that are wrong about that statement:
1. Hand guns can be used for many purposes, the main one being self-defense.
2. Self-defense with a handgun does not necessarily involve pulling the trigger. All you have to do is point it at someone, and they'll usually back off.
3. Shooting someone does not necessarily involve killing them.

Quote:

Owning a rifle or shotgun for HUNTING is AOK in my book. You can still use it for protection if you need to.

There are actually people who hunt with handguns, and there are those that simply like to take it to the shooting range. Also, you can't keep a rifle or shotgun concealed in a holster while you're outside on the streets--which is probably when you're the most at risk.

Quote:

HAND GUNS are DANGEROUS.

So are cars, but it doesn't stop me from driving.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: I bought a gun today :) [Re: shnakboozy]
    #3793034 - 02/17/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shnakboozy said:
boooooom is right. if someone breaks into your house while you are at home its most likely that they just want to burgle you and either thought u were out or think u wont wake up. murders (esp inside your house) are very rare, burglaries are relatively common. it's not in a burglars interest to shoot you and if u dash down the stairs nekkid guns blazing you are MUCH more likely to get hurt than if u hide in the closet (behind your grow chamber perhaps!!) and pretend not to be in.

What about rapists who break into people's homes? I've heard quite a few stories about those kinds of incidents. And a rapist doesn't need a gun to be dangerous.

--------------------

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #3793062 - 02/17/05 11:19 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I reach the conclusion that I am the block between the criminal and his victim, the politician and his dictatorship, freedom and invasion, honor and servitude, -- being secure in your beds and the knock in the night.

Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3793090 - 02/17/05 11:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

sure, paradigm. rapists sometimes break into strangers houses, and having a gun handy then might be useful. thats not what i said though, i simply said that if u find someone in your house at 3am then the most likely reason for them being there is to burgle you. that is undeniable. rapes and murders are rare, burglaries common. in an earlier post u stated (something like) if there is a stanger in your house it is quite likely they are there to hurt you. that statement of yours was not true, they are most likely there to burgle u. it's a statistics thing - do the maths! also the most likely person to rape or murder you is not a stranger, but rather someone you aldready know.

i am lucky, i live in a VERY safe part of the world and dont personally know anyone who has been raped. in fact in the six years i have lived in my town i have never even heard of a report of ANY gun crime here (population 30,000). i think our perspectives, therefore, may be very different.

much of the states has a much bigger problem with gun crime, i dont know what the solution is. i'm just glad i dont have to worry about whether it would be a good idea to sleep with a loaded gun under my pillow and i pity those people who do have to worry like that.

Invisibleeric_the_red
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#3793100 - 02/17/05 11:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
The whole point in owning a hand gun is to have a handy wheapon to shoot someone.

PERIOD

well, i guess i need to take mine back. they screwed me over at the gun shop. i wasn't told that my gun was made to kill a person. come to think of it, in all the years i've been visiting gun shows & shops, shooting guns, and just being around them, i have never once heard anyone even mention anything about shooting a person with a handgun. the only people i hear talking about killing other people with handguns are the anti-handgun people.

please abstain from posting until you have a rational point to make.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #3793122 - 02/17/05 11:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Homer Simpson learned to do lots of things with his pistol....turn the lights off, open beers.......... :smirk:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: I bought a gun today :) [Re: shnakboozy]
    #3793190 - 02/17/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shnakboozy said:
thats not what i said though, i simply said that if u find someone in your house at 3am then the most likely reason for them being there is to burgle you. that is undeniable.

How is that undeniable? Most burglaries happen during the day when people are at work. If someone chooses to rob you while you're at home, it's likely that they have a plan to deal with those people.

Quote:

rapes and murders are rare, burglaries common.

WHAT??? America has the highest violent crime rate of any industrial nation, and you're going to tell me rapes and murders are rare???

Quote:

in an earlier post u stated (something like) if there is a stanger in your house it is quite likely they are there to hurt you. that statement of yours was not true, they are most likely there to burgle u.

They may or may not be there to steal your shit, but not all robberies are nonviolent.

Quote:

it's a statistics thing - do the maths!

Statistically, someone is less likely to break into your house if they think you have a gun. Statistically, burglars are more likely to break in when no one's home. Statistically, America has an alarmingly high rape and murder rate. So statistically, I think it makes sense to keep a gun.

Quote:

also the most likely person to rape or murder you is not a stranger, but rather someone you aldready know.

Maybe so, but there are still areas where it's not safe to walk the streets unarmed. I've been mugged by strangers before(and in an area I always had considered to be rather safe), so don't think that just because a stranger is less likely to do it that they aren't still a threat.

Quote:

i am lucky, i live in a VERY safe part of the world and dont personally know anyone who has been raped.

Indeed, you are lucky for that. Others are not so lucky. I've known women who have been raped at some point, one of them being my own mother. So you get off your fucking high horse about guns and recognize that some people actually need protection.

Quote:

in fact in the six years i have lived in my town i have never even heard of a report of ANY gun crime here (population 30,000). i think our perspectives, therefore, may be very different.

Indeed. You live in a very sheltered world, and don't appreciate the danger that others have to face. Hell, I grew up in a fairly safe neighborhood, but even I've seen what a dangerous world it can be.

Quote:

much of the states has a much bigger problem with gun crime, i dont know what the solution is. i'm just glad i dont have to worry about whether it would be a good idea to sleep with a loaded gun under my pillow and i pity those people who do have to worry like that.

Good for you. Others aren't so lucky.

--------------------

Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3793231 - 02/17/05 12:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

blimey paradigm, what a big post! i think u need to refresh your all governing ruleset and chill out a bit. that's the trouble with the internet sometimes i guess.

even in the states rape and murder are MUCH MUCH MUCH less common than burglaries at night. statistically if there is a stranger in your house at 3am by far and away the most likely reason they are there is to burgle you. sure they will have plan in mind in case they are seen, and that might include violence. all the more reason why it is best to hide!!!

ok, i shouldnt have said anything is "undeniable" coz it is possible to deny anything! as u have just demonstrated, well done.

only an idiot would think its a good idea to keep a loaded gun under their pillow where i live. i'm sorry to hear its different where u live. thats bad luck. statistically it might make sense for u to keep a gun, that's a pity.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3793232 - 02/17/05 12:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Hand guns are made for killing people. If you own a hand gun then you are PLANNING to shoot someone.

Hand guns are for people with little dicks and NO self-esteem.

You're just being ridiculous and beligerant. I own a handgun, but I own it b/c I enjoy shooting it at the range. When I'm not shooting it, it is locked in a safe. That would make it a bit hard to shoot someone with, huh?

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
Re: I bought a gun today :) [Re: Redstorm]
    #3793283 - 02/17/05 12:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Handguns aren't made to kill people, handguns with silencers and extra round clips were made to kill people.
Everyone should be familiar with handguns, someone with little knowledge of handguns is much more dangerous than the gun itself.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds