Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineorichalc
Stranger

having hardcore religious parents
    #3792589 - 02/17/05 09:34 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i didn't have a choice. it's not like i did. i was born and they fed me that crap down my throat, and now i'm reaping this shit for nothing.

stupid simple minded stubborn fucks.

/ends rant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: having hardcore religious parents [Re: orichalc]
    #3792641 - 02/17/05 09:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

... but there's always a time when you can break free. In fact knowing you can break free is the first step to regurgitate all the crap.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN
    #3792676 - 02/17/05 09:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

My parents are the same way. I dont get it when people selectively believe what they want to hear.

Agree with what you believe and dont believe what you dont agree with. That is a logical fallacy.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: having hardcore religious parents [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3792956 - 02/17/05 10:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

my parents were not hardcore religious type, just lazy, lazy answers to my questions, the church they made me go to was lazy too, it was there right your wrong, anything else is of the devil, that type stuff.

I found "God" on my own, my own path.

parents, church,,, all were nothing but a block in my path.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: having hardcore religious parents [Re: JCoke]
    #3793071 - 02/17/05 11:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Don't let religion ruin God and truth for you.

Try to treate your parents with Love reguardless of thier pride over you. Many people think it is ok to be proud of thing and thier children. Specifically dogma of beliefs, pride over children and attachment where one controlls children breeds this sort of conflict. My best advice is not to get mad but show them Love even if they call you or your ways whicked and they will not be able to say anything more once you don't fall into the cycle of anger pride and wrath.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: having hardcore religious parents [Re: MAGnum]
    #3793097 - 02/17/05 11:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Don't let religion ruin God and truth for you.

Try to treate your parents with Love reguardless of thier pride over you.  Many people think it is ok to be proud of thing and thier children.  Specifically dogma of beliefs, pride over children and attachment where one controlls children breeds this sort of conflict.  My best advice is not to get mad but show them Love even if they call you or your ways whicked and they will not be able to say anything more once you don't fall into the cycle of anger pride and wrath.

^^^thats some good advice right there, love it. :thumbup:

--------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #3793127 - 02/17/05 11:36 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Tell them to fuck off what are they going to do Damn you to Hell?

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: having hardcore religious parents [Re: MAGnum]
    #3793167 - 02/17/05 11:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

My mom was raised by hardcore religo freaks. It fucked her up really bad, and she's still got some of that shit to deal with but I gotta say I'm pretty proud of how far shes come to get through it, and her hard work at healing meant that I was raised better than she was which meant that I had less harsh psychological shit to wade through. I had mine too, because her fucked upness did affect the way she was when I was a kid, but she was the first generation to break the cycle of physical abuse in several generations so for that I'm grateful. I'm also grateful that she didn't let me go to an evangelical church when I wanted to when I was 14. I was looking for a tight knit social circle, and some validation but now I realize that church would have totally messed me up.

Anyways the point of my story is that since you realize how fucked up hardcore religious fanaticism is now you are at the point where you are capable of growing and healing from it. It's possible, and its wonderful to take that step. It's total shit that anyone has to go through it at all, but since you can't change your own past you can take the steps necessary to heal from it and change the trajectory of your future.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: having hardcore religious parents [Re: blaze2]
    #3793169 - 02/17/05 11:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blaze2 said:
Tell them to fuck off what are they going to do Damn you to Hell?

ahh, the day you finally tell your parents to fuck off, "...let me make my own mistakes, like you did!" ah, the nostalgia...

--------------------

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
    #3793503 - 02/17/05 01:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There is no reason to be against your parents due to something as minor as religion. Some people find redemption and satisfaction from religion. They have a choice to beleive or not to, and just because they chose religion does not make them as stubborn as anyone else. Religion is a huge part of their life. And it is most likely part of their religion (and their legacy mind you) to pass on what they know to you. In their minds they may just be "saving you," so ultimately all this "crap" theyre feeding down your throat is mainly out of love for their offspring.

Don't quote me on any of this though, having grown up with semi-religious parents I never experienced any of the hardcore religious stuff.

Its calming to know that another person is going to be freed from religion.

I myself though don't beleive in religion. I beleive in God, but religion is propaganda.

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: having hardcore religious parents [Re: Freeker]
    #3793552 - 02/17/05 01:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ahh, the day you finally tell your parents to fuck off, "...let me make my own mistakes, like you did!" ah, the nostalgia...

Is that an assumption that by telling parents to "fuck off" the person will make the same mistakes their parents did?

There is no reason to be against your parents due to something as minor as religion.

For some people religion isn't a minor thing nor is it simply a major part of their life. Religion is their life.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: having hardcore religious parents [Re: newuser1492]
    #3794219 - 02/17/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Is that an assumption that by telling parents to "fuck off" the person will make the same mistakes their parents did?

no, that's not what meant, I could say I was thinking more along the lines that parents are always trying to help, a little too much help sometimes, a kid, actuly, a Human being needs freedom, needs to explore, unless your parent knows all and seen all, give a kid a chance to explore the world for them selves, it's really the only way they will ever learn, if there parents were right about everything they said, the kids first hand experiance will prove there parents wisdom right... that's what I could say, but really, I was just quoting a line from a song, Bobby Gaylor's "Suicide".  :grin: :thumbup:

that song by the way is the greatest song about suicide I have ever heard. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #3794461 - 02/17/05 05:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, the best way to really learn something is the hard way, by falling on your face.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom