Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebrewwhaha1
Stranger thanmost
wheat grain?? any opinions?
    #3792182 - 02/17/05 07:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

has anyone ever tried wheat grain as a substrate. I always hear about rye grain. but wheat is cheaper and easier to acquire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: wheat grain?? any opinions? [Re: brewwhaha1]
    #3792197 - 02/17/05 07:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

there is a guy doing wheat right now in the grow logs. I have about 7lbs of wheat in my kitchen, winter wheat berries. Treat it just like rye

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: wheat grain?? any opinions? [Re: Damn_Skippy]
    #3792234 - 02/17/05 07:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you can't see the grow logs yet but I will post the pics for you

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

Offlinebrewwhaha1
Stranger thanmost
Re: wheat grain?? any opinions? [Re: Damn_Skippy]
    #3792253 - 02/17/05 07:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

is there a nutritional difference in the substrate? Is one better than the other?

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: wheat grain?? any opinions? [Re: brewwhaha1]
    #3792298 - 02/17/05 08:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

between rye and wheat?

I'm pretty sure they are almost identical nutritionally

Well, rye is probably better just cus there are so many tek's with it, everyone uses it. So, it's proven. But wheat should be no different than rye. Soak, simmer, and PC just like rye

--------------------
~Skipp

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags