Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesevendef
journeyman
Loc: Maine, USA
electronic music
    #379101 - 08/26/01 09:43 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

for anyone that hasnt experienced electronic music while tripping, you should definately try it..
i have usually been into mellow ethnic music or trippy stuff like tool and floyd, but last night i took a 3 hits of spiderman and someone put on Oakenfield, and it sent me to another world.
i have never been so relaxed on acid, usually i will be uncomfortable and antsy anywheres but listening to this stuff I molded right into this chair and zoned out completely.. the entire room melted away.

yea so.. techno/trance music is a must while your tripping.. even for all you diehard musicians who like your instrumental bands, though personally i dont think it's too great sober..

Tool is still the champion though.. :)

I get bored, I get bored, I get bored...

--------------------
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fuckin high on drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: electronic music [Re: sevendef]
    #379120 - 08/26/01 10:25 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i listened to techno on cid and got very uptight and uncomfortable ... i like my music mellow on shrooms and cid (beatles, bob marley, peter tosh, floyd's ummagumma, etc etc) though on E i can listen to anything from Bob Marley to Happy 2b Hardcore, everything is just beautiful :wink:

im picky with music

We're all MADD here...

OfflinesHemp13
old hand
    #379188 - 08/26/01 11:58 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I find techno/trance cool once and awhile when tripping or high yes...but I cant really tolerate it sober either..

I don't know why everyone considers all "electronic music" trace and techno though. It's such a huge genre of music and everyone I know only thinks of it as dance beats.

--------------------

OfflineAznFlip
Stranger
    #379303 - 08/26/01 02:15 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I Liquid ( " rave dance " i guess that's what you'd call it hehe ) so i can listen to techno anytime. But when i trip i listen to everything and tend to go towards Marley, Floyd, or Steve Miller Band . . . stuff like that. If you listen to techno while trippin i'd suggest Ambiant or Trance (Dj Tiesto is damn good trance), they're more mellow and relaxed than Drum&Bass or Jungle. I love just about all forms of music.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: electronic music [Re: AznFlip]
    #379428 - 08/26/01 05:46 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

old school electronic:
terry riley
tomita
walter/wendy carlos
ummm, more but i forget at the moment...

old enough to know better
not old enough to care

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: electronic music [Re: gnrm23]
    #379557 - 08/26/01 09:12 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i got into electronic music like skinny puppy when i first started doin acid a long time ago but i have since then grown away from it because it is way to dark...about a year ago i found this band called aphex twin...in my opinion aphex twin is absolutely the best electronic band around..the sounds are mezmorizing yet relaxing and peaceful..you should check em out..and ya tool is still champ!you have to sit back and listen to aenima when you are peakin..its awesome..

The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
We cannot see to reach an end crippling our communication

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
    #379587 - 08/26/01 09:38 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

there's many types of "electronic" music... trance, jungle, breakbeats, goa, just to name a few...

I love listening to anything fast, with a lot of sounds, and a nice deep bass line. Fukin' groovin'

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
    #379708 - 08/27/01 01:53 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

my favorites jungle and D&B or tech step

some of my favorite djs to listen to trippin are:

UFO!
)EIB( (aka bad company)
AK1200
Technical Itch
Moving Fusion
DJ Dara
DJ Sage
John B.
DJ 3D
DJ Krust

just to name a Few... hehe
with some of these djs its pretty hard to attain their tracks.
if you want to hear any.. specialy UFO! (its amazing drum beats an wahhh sounds morphed into ear candy..) instant message me at: nottmatt on AIM and ill send you a few songs of the desired dj you want to hear.. (but ill probly only send you ufo! cause he rocks) ;x
dont worry i have Cable modem.. so as long as you do too song transfer should only be 1-5 minutes

but.. alas this is not the only kind of music i like to listen to trippin. i listen to anything from the above listed to ambient grooves to soft melodic symphony (Mozart piano sonata's MMm) or even classical guitars , some reggae, some floyd, and Definatly tool.. pretty much Anything pretty..
OHHHHH if you like some music that Really push's you to the edge of insanity for maximum trip crazyness IM me for some Electric Company.. dont look anywhere else for it its hard to find.. but it'll give you that extra insane jolt.. and the songs are short so if you want em.. just ask..

-peacee .., M
the following sentence is true.
the previous sentence is false.

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
Re: electronic music [Re: Monkah]
    #379813 - 08/27/01 09:15 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Music to trip to:

Three 6 Mafia
Insane Clown Posse
Twiztid
Kottonmouth Kings

OfflineBoneyDragon
Re: electronic music [Re: SherlockDrubu]
    #379818 - 08/27/01 09:24 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

That's not electronica. That is total shite.

~BD

InvisibleBaron
Brain Squeegee
Loc: FL
    #379866 - 08/27/01 10:34 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Electronica is the primary music I listen to. I prefer the weirdness or the scariness that the fringe of electronic music provides. Not to say that "organic" music (i.e. guitars, jazz, vocals) isn't enjoyable, but sonic architecture helps me sort of transcend my setting. I enjoy artists like Tiesto, BT, Christopher Lawrence, etc, but not at that time.
Autechre, Mouse on Mars, Infected Mushroom, Aphex Twin, Melt Banana, Merzbow, Hux Flux; those are artists who twist music inside out and helps do that to my brain. =-)

------------------------
We need a poetry contest to see how long the road is.

--------------------
Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.

OfflineAznFlip
Stranger
Re: electronic music [Re: BoneyDragon]
    #379936 - 08/27/01 12:26 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Well that'z ur opinion buddy :)

OfflinesHemp13
old hand
Re: electronic music [Re: My Third Eye]
    #379937 - 08/27/01 12:30 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yea out of all electronic music I've found Skinny Puppy to be the trippiest. Unfortunatly for most people they just find them way too dark. The thing is most their songs are not geared for death and violence but to help stop war, epidemics, animal cruelty, drug abuse, etc..

Anything recommended by Aphex Twin though? The only song I've heard is I think its called Come go Daddy, I wasn't too impressed by it, maybe they have something more organic or soundscape type stuff?

Yea Aenima is great as well...

--------------------

OfflineAznFlip
Stranger
Good Drum And Bass [Re: Baron]
    #379949 - 08/27/01 12:50 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If you want something fast with a strong beat that will make you move , Drum N Bass is prolly what you're lookin for. DieselBoy and Dj AK1200 are my two favorite DnB Dj's and they throw a AWSOME live show ( if you see their names on a flyer, go see them . . . on shrooms even !). Trance DJ's Tiesto and David Padilla are good to listen too if you want music that will transport you to another world and take you on a journey or you can pick up Oakenfold ( although itz pretty much played, o and my post earlier was too the dude that said 3 six mafia was shiet, juz so no one gets confused= ).

OfflineBoneyDragon
Re: electronic music [Re: sHemp13]
    #380116 - 08/27/01 05:33 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I like Polynomial C by Aphex Twin. Great song. Some good AT discs would be the Analogue Works (whatever they are called) volumes.

~BD

Sorry for flaming but this thread is about electronic music and not rap. If you want to make a rap thread you are more than welcome.

Offlinejebus
Re: electronic music [Re: BoneyDragon]
    #380223 - 08/27/01 07:35 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

phex twin rules, get the 'milkman' song. I must hear that before any rave I goto or it ain't proper. also in really like dj mystic because it really sounds 'grand' and 'epic' just try dj mystic. and richard humpty vission, the orb, atb, and so many many more

there's fungus amung us.

--------------------
See, that's why we can't have nice things.

OfflineAznFlip
Stranger
Richard Humpty Vission [Re: BoneyDragon]
    #380338 - 08/27/01 09:57 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hehe Hell yea Richard Humpty Vission is PHAT DAWG, i forgot about house music . . . if you like turntableism and fast pitch Dj's (They switch records like ever 30sec-1min) R.H.V and Dj Assualt ( <--hip hop vibe/turntablism ) are bad ass to listen too. Trippin on that kind of music would make me wanna get up and dance, if i wanted a chill trip i wouldn't put that in. But when clubin or getting social it's a different story =)

OfflineCynicalMagician
enthusiast
    #380769 - 08/28/01 02:28 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Great trip music:
Shpongle - tribally goa-ish stuff.. very naturelike
binger the voyager - techy mellow stuff, borrows drumbeats from dnb/two step
dj czech - funky breakbeats
dig dug - two step/new school breaks
adam starr - live pa trance/techno
calvin tang - trance/techno that was made for tripping (no seriously.. the 3 raisons d'etre for his cd singularity are weed, shrooms, driving)
shockwave - hardassed jungle/scratching and nu nrg.
(of note: shockwave and tang are off of www.neotriberecords.com, and adam starr used to be with neotribe but he's with someone bigger now.)

other really cool artists: hybrid (breakbeat trance), donald glaude (everything, mostly housish stuff but he fucks around with it a lot), jon the dentist (epic wanker trance, but good epic wanker trance), plump djs (breakbeats), freaky flow (jungle/dnb), ill-esha (jungle/live mc), aphrodite (jungle/jump-up), olav basoski (disco house), infected mushroom (psy trance)

icq me at 24631249 if you want more

--------------------
----------------------

"Order some golf shoes," I whispered. "Otherwise, we'll never get out of this place alive. You notice these lizards don't have any trouble moving around in this muck - that's because they have ~claws~ on their feet."

Offlineneurochasm
Stranger
Re: electronic music [Re: CynicalMagician]
    #380830 - 08/28/01 03:54 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Aphex Twin is one guy named Richard D James, not a band.. definitely some amazing music.. listen to Selected Ambient Works vol. 1 and 2 for some great trip tunes..

As for other trip music, you can never go wrong with Shpongle or Ozric Tentacles.. music that was MEANT for journeying through the mind :)

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: electronic music [Re: neurochasm]
    #381715 - 08/29/01 07:54 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

dont forget the richard d james album (= one of the songs on there was on a commercial for a drug free america!hahahahaha!!!!

The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
We cannot see to reach an end crippling our communication

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies